Disney waived ROFR on our add-on

WDWfantasy

WDW Fanatic
Well, I received the form from the closing company yesterday. The one that wants to assure they have names correct etc. Also mentions the $45 expediting fee. I'm assuming this means that Disney has waived their ROFR as it states that the closing package will arrive in appx. 3 weeks. I haven't talked to Pat at TSS to confirm this though. Anyway, here is the details.

BWV
200 pts.
December Use Year
All 2002 points banked into 2003
All 2003 points available Dec. 1
Total of 400 pts. coming on Dec. 1
$73 pp
Buyer pays closing and 1/2 of maintenance fees for 2003

Offer submitted/accepted on 6/3
Faxed signed contract to TSS 6/3
Overnight mailed original contract on 6/3
Received info. on the closing from Timeshare Closing Services 6/30

Anyway, hope this info. helps anyone else who is involved in buying through resale. This brings our total points to 500. We have 2 other 150 pt. contracts at BWV/Dec. Use Year. I think that is all we need. We wanted to have enough that we can take people with us occassionally and stay at least 2 weeks in a 1 or 2 bedroom. Planning to cruise next year (7 day) with a week at WDW. :)

Can I ask you what your approximate closing costs are? We are looking for something with about the same number of points.

Thanks.

Congratulations on your add-on!

Congratulations on your add-on! We used Pat for our OKW resale last year. She was fabulous! Give her our regards.

Thank you all. Pat is great to work with. This is the second time she has helped us out with a purchase. To TedL, I don't have the closing cost amount to the penny but the estimate is $475. Then of course half of the maintenance fees for 2003, $410. I don't figure in the maintenance cost when coming up with our net cost per point. With closing costs our net per point cost is $75.38. Much better deal for us than buying direct through Disney. As we are paying $1.38 per point for those extra 200 banked points rather than paying $10 per point from Disney.

:)

Congratulations...and a big.....WELCOME HOME!! :bounce:

I'm still waiting since June 12th (confirmed receipt of paperwork/deposit check) for the letter stating that Disney has not exercised their ROFR.

The waitin' is killin' me! Sheesh! :confused:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter