Disney Visa Rewards 750 limit!!

rach2674 said:
What can you get for the points.

Hi Rach! And Welcome to the DIS! (A little late. :blush: ) The Disney Rewards card gives you Disney "Reward Dollars" which can be used dollar for dollar at any place in Disney, and can be used at the Disney Store, Disney Direct, for Disney movies and music. I am sure that there are other things too. THis is from the web site to sign up for the card:
# DISNEY REWARDS
# Earn rewards with your everyday purchases that can be redeemed at Disney hotels, restaurants and theme parks-and to buy Disney DVDs, toys and more.
You get 1% of what you spend up to $750 Reward Dollars per year.

Here is the website: http://creditcard.chase.com/cgi-bin...rd_ch01_6m&page=cont&mkid=6GBJ61&msc=Z0003879

Hope that this helps! :)

ducklite said:
In the past I've had two cards with Chase and almost every month had to call to correct charges that weren't mine, billing errors--when you've got a cancelled check showing a $2000.00 payment cleared on the 8th of the month, and they show a $20 payment on the 19th you've got a problem--this type of thing happened more than once... We also had two car loans with Chase, and paid both off three years early just to get rid of them, they even managed to mess up car loans that they were taking the money directly out of our account--one month they took my payment three times in one day. They sent me a gas card as an apology for a station that I didn't even have one within 40 miles of my house. Fagaddaboudit!!!

We also had a money market account with them that we had a problem with, I can't even recall what now.

At any rate, we simply don't want to give them our business.

Anne

Wow, thanks for the info. We check our account frequently online, but after reading about your problems we will be even more vigilant from now on. Those reward dollars are a big part of our vacation planning!

Yep, I found that out a few months ago when I started really planning for our trip. I would never make it up that high anyway but still sad in knowing.

I don't particularly like Chase, but we've has a Chase car loan (paid off), and two credit cards with Chase for at least 5 years, and have never had any problem with getting proper credit or bad transactions.

On the other hand, I hate CitiFinancial and will never do business with them (unless they are bought out by Chase--which will probably happen--they're all just gobbling each other up).

MKCP5 said:
InstImpres can you tell me a little more? What do you mean within your zone? I have been wondering about this card and how it works. Thanks very much.

PS Is there a limit to how much you can earn?

First and best, no limit... :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

I am in NJ so my "zone" is the east coast - I can go anywhere from Maine to Florida and as far west as Tennesse (according to the nice rep I just called). It is 18000 points aka $18,000 in charges. Must have a Saturday stay and be purchased 21 days in advance. You pay $10 in "tax" and can pay a $25 fee if you don't want a Saturday stay. I always use Travelocity, find the schedule I like best and as long as the ticket is under $370 it's mine. I call and give specifics - USAir, flight #x, on x day and returning, etc. If it's published air it's yours. If it goes slightly over ($390 ticket) you can pay the $20 extra.

I can go anywhere in the US for 25,000 miles with a $500 ticket max. North America is 35,000 and $700 max. Tokyo (for my dream vacation to TokyoSea) is 75,000 points to $1500. Not worth it since I can get air for under $800 and first class is about $1500 but the price can only be for coach :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Sorry, I'm degressing.

It's really a great program and has truly proven to be "no hassles" as the commercials advertise. I was pretty skeptical but have been very successful. (No blackout dates etc.)

I think that's probably more than you asked for but if not ask again
Sandy

I got a long list of companies I despise...

MBNA.... Customer service once told me "you gave that merchant your card a year ago, that authorized him to charge whatever he needed to" This was after a $1,000 charge just showed up... I had to READ them the Fair Credit Act. One month they took my payment off and reposted it two days later thereby allowing them to charge a late fee and additonal interest.

Amex... Oh Dear... I wound up writing the Company President who did put one of his little worker bees on the problem. This was after I arranged a conference call with Amex and the merchant who explained that he never put through the charge so he couldn't figure out where it came from and he could not reverse it'.... Amex's response. "We would not make an error, our processing is perfect" SIX MONTHS later the VP's guy admitted they had not a clue and reversed the charge.

So far I have had good luck with Chase so I am sticking with them.

(And as for the local credit unions and such, be sure to ask about fruad protection.. I did and found it to inadequate to my needs)

I also like Capital One. Their Milesone program is the best for reimbursement for airfare. To use our miles, I charge my airfare to the card. I try to get the best price I can (averaging $160 per trip from Michigan to Florida). I redeem points for a credit on the card to pay for the ticket. The conversion is 80 per dollar in trip cost. I would use only 12,800 points for a $160 ticket - a much better conversion than most airline companies.

There is no annual fee (unlike many airline cards). I can book any airline including Spirit with no capacity issues or blackout dates. Drawbacks include a limit of $10,000 per month (a problem if you charge a lot of business expenses) and the points expire in five years.

I use the $750 a year I get from the Disney card as payment toward annual passes every year. Using these two cards with cheap skyauction condo stays means Disney is my favorite BUDGET destination.

Thanks very much InstImpres. I appreciate it. Does anyone have a comment on getting a hotel points card rather than airfare since you can often catch cheap airfare? I am wodering if anyone has experience with this. TIA!

We just recently got a Choice Rewards CC based on a poster's good experience here. We've had it since June & I really like it. We applied during the 16,000 free points to join & used 14,000 of them on hotel rooms to/from Chicago. The points add up like most other cards & the reservations were pretty easy to make online. I did find that a few hotels become unavailable close to check in- assuming due to limited # of rooms for the program, but had a good selection for each place I've checked.

We will probably stick w/this one after this DW trip & cancel our Dis card. I like to use our Amex the most since I can always find things to spend the rewards on at Home Depot. The Choice VISA also allows rewards for other things but I haven't checked into it to see what since we can always use hotel stays at some point.

InstImpres - Thanks for the info! I'm very interested in the Capital One card (with 4 kids, airfare is always a biggie!), and I have a few more questions for you.

I went to the Capital One website - the card I found that sounded somewhat like what you were talking about was the "No Hassle Miles" card. However, there were some differences - including a maximum of $75,000 that could be used to earn miles.

Is this the same card as yours? Could you give me more information? It's also possible that they've changed their options.

Thanks in advance! :goodvibes

We had a Citicard whose rewards maxed out at $300 earlier this year (easy to do when they are giving 5% on gas, groceries). So now I use either Chase Disney or CapitalOne MilesOne (as described above). We have had this card for years and love the ability to book any airfare, anytime, and be reimbursed. And if you use a FF program, you are still accumulating FF miles!

Last year i had $400 on my DDRD and could have had alot more...I also pay in full each month ,what would be the point of getting the free rewards if i had to pay interest....just my 2 cents.....

To the OP: There has been a $750 per year limit on the Disney rewards since Day 1.

I'm a charter member and when we went to WDW in May, we had $1005 to spend. I already have $160 for my next trip...whenever that may be. (The $ don't start to expire until 6/20/10.) I also got one of the Citibank Mastercards that earn 5% cash back on grocery store and drug store purchases. We are using that card exclusively at CVS and Albertson's, so we'll probably end up just about at the limit each year. We don't ever carry a balance, so I consider all of these perks actual free money.

Kira G
I'm with you! Is the capital one no hassle and the capital one milesone card the same?
Just want to make sure I apply for the right one.

I want
no annual fee
no cap on rewards
5 yr expiry on benefits.

does that sound right for cap one miles one program to those of you who have it?

Thanks for you help!

I've had a couple of airline cards and have earned enough for a free ticket, but they are so hard to use, so we cancelled them. I got a Southwest airlines card last year and I really like it. I've earned 2 or 3 tickets from them already. It's $1200 for every point and you need 16 points for a free ticket. You get 4 points for signing up and some for balance transfers, which we didn't do. And with flying a few times with them, it adds up fast. Plus they always have seats available. Only thing is they don't fly everywhere. And of course no international, but great for flying in the US. I wish the Disney card let you earn more! What a bummer!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter