Disney Visa - how long for approval to come through

seidelhd

Mouseketeer
While booking our last-minute Disneyland trip last night (going in 2 weeks), I decided to apply for the Disney Visa to take advantage of the $200 promo. I'm not sure why we have not applied for this in any of the years we have been going to WDW and DCL.

Anyway, instead of an instant answer, I got a message saying the application was being reviewed. How long does it take to get a decision? I'd love to have the number and hopefully the card in time to use it as the charge card for our vacation. I was going to call Chase but figured I'd post here as well. Thanks.

While booking our last-minute Disneyland trip last night (going in 2 weeks), I decided to apply for the Disney Visa to take advantage of the $200 promo. I'm not sure why we have not applied for this in any of the years we have been going to WDW and DCL.

Anyway, instead of an instant answer, I got a message saying the application was being reviewed. How long does it take to get a decision? I'd love to have the number and hopefully the card in time to use it as the charge card for our vacation. I was going to call Chase but figured I'd post here as well. Thanks.

If you have had gotten more than 5 credit cards in the last two years, you might be denied. Chase has strick limits. I might try calling and saying that you were hoping to have the card in time for your vacation and request expedited processing.

Thanks for the reply. I've received 2 new credit cards in the last 2 years and one was a secondary card where my wife is the primary cardholder. I'll call them tonight.

Even if you get the card in time, you won't get the $200 promo until after you make $500 in purchases. Just FYI.

I applied --taking a trip in September and got the same response. We have excellent credit and only have 2 credit cards. One has no balance and the other has a $500 balance. I think they are just starting to take a longer look.

If you have had gotten more than 5 credit cards in the last two years, you might be denied. Chase has strick limits. I might try calling and saying that you were hoping to have the card in time for your vacation and request expedited processing.
DV is one of the few cards excluded from that rule per Doctor of Credit website. (But it will count as one of your 5 if you get it and try to apply for other Chase cards.)

OP, you can call the Chase reconsideration line if this is really bugging you to see where you're at in the process. Be ready to answer questions, review all the info on your application- or it might be something as simple as verifying your contact info for security purposes.

Thanks for the reply. I've received 2 new credit cards in the last 2 years and one was a secondary card where my wife is the primary cardholder. I'll call them tonight.
LOL- missed ur reply :) Glad you're already on top of calling them!

Try the Chase Automated Status Line. This can be reached directly via 1-888-338-2586 OR by calling 1-800-432-3117 and hitting #, 3, 1 (basically follow the prompts) and then check your status there. That line will say one of the following:
  • 7-10: days likely denial
  • 2 weeks: likely approval / still processing
  • 30 days: likely approval / still processing
  • Approved: you win
  • It will never say denied, basically just stays at 7-10 days for a month and then falls off the status line

FYI - the 5/24 rule does not apply to Disney credit cards. It is one of the few cards not subject to that rule.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter