• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Visa financing for packages

MuseumMouse

Mouseketeer
I've had a Disney Visa for a couple years now but have never taken advantage of the 0% financing on vacation packages benefit. Can anyone tell me how this works? :confused3

I know it if is not paid off in full at the end of the 6 month period I will get socked with enormous finance charges. But when does the 6 month period start? Is it when I book the package? When I pay off the balance 45 days ahead? :confused:

Also, do all packages qualify for 6 mos. 0%? Can I take advantage of this for the new 7 nights for the price of 4 deal?

Thank you, wise DISers!

It starts when you make the charge. Just be sure to make the minimum amount due each month, or it voids the "6 month, no interest" special.

Also be sure that you mark the date that the final payment is due, as it will likely be a different date than your monthly due date. Your statement will give you the date it will be due. I remember my last one, when the due date was like on the 6th of the month, but my due date for the special was like the 2nd or 3rd of the month. I use the online Chase payments. You can set it up to deduct the minimum every month on the due date. You can set it & forget it for 5 months, then make the last payment.

Unless it has changed, you must book a package. No room only reservations.

It starts when you make the charge. Just be sure to make the minimum amount due each month, or it voids the "6 month, no interest" special.

So does it start when I pay the $200 deposit and first book the reservation? Is that right?

Also be sure that you mark the date that the final payment is due, as it will likely be a different date than your monthly due date.

Thanks! Very good to know. I would not have thought of that.

So does it start when I pay the $200 deposit and first book the reservation? Is that right?

For the $200, it starts when you book. The remaining payments start when they are made. If you book on Dec 1st, you have 6 months from that date. Then if you wait until the 45 day mark to pay the remaining balance, you have 6 months from that day to pay that balance. You can have multiple balances running at the same time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter