• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Visa Double Rewards question...

marcyinPA

DIS Veteran
I'm just wondering if those of you who were offered this have seen your double rewards yet? As far as I can tell, mine have not been posted yet. I'm wondering just how long it takes to see them??!!!

There rewards system is so difficult to figure if you've got them or not..I like dollar fo dollar rewards....any how I went ot reward dollars history and I did have an amount posted in bonus reward dollars posted...so I guess I got mine...????

My Bonus Reward Dollars have posted for the last 2 months. I thought I'd have more. I must not know how they compute the dollars.

Hmmm...I can't see anywhere on my on-line account that has the bonus rewards. My bonus was supposed to be 2% for anything over $150 I spend. I don't THINK I received them. I don't want to get "jipped"...I've been charging everything because of this deal!

Ok, I just figured it out. I've only had 3 bonus dollars posted. My goodness, I've spent more than that!! In April my bill was $2500!! I wonder if they post them little by little? There have been so many problems/complaints with the Disney Visa posted that I am kind of leary about whether or not I'm getting what I deserve here!!

I'll be patient!:crazy:

The bonus is 1% (on top of the regular accrual of 1%). It is calculated on any amount in excess of $xxx dollars (different for different people -- mine is $150) in a CALENDAR month, beginning on March 16th and ending on June 30th.

The actual bonus points won't be posted to your account until 2 billing cycles after the end of the calendar month. For example, if your statement end date is the 10th of each month, your bonus for the calendar month of March (March 16 - March 31) won't post to your account until May 10th. The bonus points for April will then post on the June 10th account statement.

It's tricky to follow, but I've been able to verify that my bonus reward points have been accurately applied to my account (thus far).

Mine have been posted on my last two statements. If you access your account online you can actually see how many "bonus dollars" you received. As a side note, I guess I was one of the really lucky cardholders. I received bonus dollars on all my dining, grocery, gas, utilities, etc. I did not have to spend $150 and then receive the bonus dollars on any thing over that. I got the bonus dollars on all the qualifying purchases from dollar one. It might be that I don't usually charge those items to the card and maybe they were trying to encourage me to do so.

I think the purpose of the promotion was to get people who do not charge these things to do so. I already charge everything I can to it and thus I did not receive the offer.

When the postcards announcing the bonus dollars for some cardholders was first announced, I scanned the mail closely each day. NOTHING! But yesterday I received another postcard that said something like, "Only a few more days of double rewards for purchases over $150." Huh?? I didn't know we were getting the double rewards.

The good news is we are getting the double rewards. The bad news is that we didn't know about it so I wasn't putting EVERYTHING on there. I only put big purchases. Luckily I paid for our Disney vacation package ($1500) and season pool passes at our local pool ($350) plus glasses/eye exam ($300). (And paid the card off in full to avoid finance charges.)

The only thing I could think of is that DH got the first postcard and threw it away without telling me.

Maggie

If you read the fine print on the Bank One web site, it says it takes 6-8 weeks for the bonus points to be applied. I've received my bonus points for March 16-April 15th, but not for any later time.

Actually, the first bonus was for purchases between March 15 and March 30 (not April 15th).

My statement just closed, so I will be looking for my April bonus points this week.

It was very confusing the way the offer was worded. To me a "month" on my credit card is the billing month, not the calendar month.

Thanks one and all for clarifying this! I "get it" now! I wish they didn't make these things so confusing...and I'm an educated woman too! :rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter