• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney VISA discount and magic bands

Dallas_Lady

I only work for the vacation money
I have a Disney VISA and I noticed that several of the restaurants we're eating at offer 10% off. I'd like to use that but I was planning to charge our meals to the room with out magic bands. Can I just show the card to get the discount or do I have to pay with it?

I have a Disney VISA and I noticed that several of the restaurants we're eating at offer 10% off. I'd like to use that but I was planning to charge our meals to the room with out magic bands. Can I just show the card to get the discount or do I have to pay with it?

you have to pay with it

And just to pro-actively answer the follow-up question, no, even if your Disney card is the card you have on file for Magic Band purchases, it's the act of showing and paying with the card at the register that nets you the discount, not the actual charge on the card. :)

We had the same question so we asked at a restaurant and we were allowed to just show the card, but we only did that the one time. I think it depends a lot on the restaurant and the server (or store). At World of Disney we only had to show the card, but a different time we were told we had to use the card.

Which Resturants have a Disney Visa Discount and where are you finding that info? I mainly use AllEars.net for menu referencing and haven't seen it. We are seriously considering getting a disney visa before our next trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter