Disney Visa Credit Line?

lvloopingbag

DIS Veteran
We are thinking about getting a Disney Visa card. I know it depends upon your income, credit score, etc., but what would the typical beginning credit line be? Would it be high enough to pay for an expensive cruise or package? Thanks!

Mine is and was when I got it 6500. I was making about 30K at the time I got it and had one other CC with about a 7K limit and no balance on it and a credit score in the high 700's

I started with a $10,500 limit, a credit score in the low 800's and no credit card balances. It was a fairly small percentage of our household income. It's been regularly raised without my asking.

Anne

I have less than stellar credit (although it's jumped up 20 points since January, GO ME!) and I was approved for a $2500 credit line in January.

disneynutt1225 said:
I have less than stellar credit (although it's jumped up 20 points since January, GO ME!) and I was approved for a $2500 credit line in January.
good for you! :cool1: I have less than stellar also, maybe I should try also! What are the benefits of having one? :confused3

Thanks!

I have excellent credit, an income of 70,000, and they gave me a limit of $2500. I was pretty surprised it was so low. I called them and asked for an increase...they raised it to $10,000.

About 6 months later I applied for one in DH name (for the $50)...he also has good credit, but only makes $40,000/yr. They gave him a credit limit of $12,000 :confused3 .

Mine was originally 12k and was raised without my asking to 14k a while back. DH and I both have excellent credit ratings.

robin09 said:
good for you! :cool1: I have less than stellar also, maybe I should try also! What are the benefits of having one? :confused3

Thanks!

Thanks! Honestly, I get better benefits from my Amex card, but I wanted the Disney Visa for a couple of reasons:

I figured every other year (or maybe every year, depending on spending habits) we'd have enough Rewards dollars to pay for at least one AP, or a nice dinner, or souvenir we wouldn't buy otherwise.

It's nice to have the option of 0% financing for 6 months on vacation packages even though we're DVC members. Also, if we want to purchase more points, we get 0% on the down payment for 6 months if we put it on the card.

Granted, the points are only 1% and let's face it, there are better cards out there, but I've been coveting this card for years and I'm so happy I finally have one!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter