Disney Visa Card

I'm staying at CR in August, I already received the discount for the room thought the promotion. Would I receive a bigger discount paying with my Disney Visa or is it the same discount as the currant promo?

It is the same now. It was really only the Disney promo for a few days. We get a jump on most offers a few days prior to the general public release. You would earn rewards by paying with your Disney Visa, though.

I'm staying at CR in August, I already received the discount for the room thought the promotion. Would I receive a bigger discount paying with my Disney Visa or is it the same discount as the currant promo?

Current

You only pay a fee if you get the Premier Visa. The regular Visa has no fee. There is also a regular debit card that offers the same perks, but it does not earn any reward dollars. I have the premier and the debit, so we can actually get two photos per day at EPCOT since we have two different accounts. Last year we did a family shot and a kids only shot, and we did them both two days in a row.:goodvibes

We have the Premier Visa also -additional points already will cover annual fee, but that photo opportunity really sounds like a nice bonus. Brilliant idea to do the kid/family photos with two accounts -I hadn't considered the debit card's value for a second photo!

One more question... in your experience, do they allow personal cameras during the meet and greet, similar to other non-VISA sponsored character greetings?

We have the Premier Visa also -additional points already will cover annual fee, but that photo opportunity really sounds like a nice bonus. Brilliant idea to do the kid/family photos with two accounts -I hadn't considered the debit card's value for a second photo!

One more question... in your experience, do they allow personal cameras during the meet and greet, similar to other non-VISA sponsored character greetings?

Yep! You can take pics or let the photographer take them with your camera. We have never felt rushed and we have been doing it every year for the last 6 years. :goodvibes

I already have a Chase Visa card that earns 1% on everything and 5% on certain purchases. We have been debating whether or not we should get the Disney Visa. I called Chase about it, and the customer service rep told me the card I had was better (I guess that is a matter of opinion with the perks). She actually told me that I would have to give up my current card in order to get the Disney card. I spoke to someone at the Disney CC customer service number, and they said this wasn't true. I was just wondering if anyone has an answer or holds the Disney card and another Chase Visa. I could probably get around this by having my DH sign up, but the whole thing is just bugging me for some reason.

My second question is how often do they offer the $200 back? Every time I check it is down to the $100 on the premier and $50 on the other Disney Visa.

I have the same chase card that you have. I also have the Disney Chase card. I just got the Disney card a few months ago. I received an offer for a $200 gift card. You can have both cards, the Chase rep was wrong!

I have the same chase card that you have. I also have the Disney Chase card. I just got the Disney card a few months ago. I received an offer for a $200 gift card. You can have both cards, the Chase rep was wrong!

Thank you. I am going to watch for the $200 card offer. I figured this wasn't right.

Thank you. I am going to watch for the $200 card offer. I figured this wasn't right.

Just call and tell them you had a $200 offer a while ago and you want to sign up now. Good chance they will give it to you. My husbands offer for $200 was over 90 days "expired" but he asked for it an got it.

We like the deals so we carry..er um..or at least have a Chase Marriott card (that at one time gave us a free night just for signing up) and now have the Chase Disney card that gave us $200.00 Disney Gift card for spending 500.00 within 3 months. I had to get some body work done on the car, so we put the insurance check in the checking account and used the card to pay for the body work....then paid off the card.....viola 200.00 gift card came in the mail today, Mickey face and all! We will use it for our Vacation this summer!

Good Luck! Hope this helps!:thumbsup2

I already have a Chase Visa card that earns 1% on everything and 5% on certain purchases. We have been debating whether or not we should get the Disney Visa. I called Chase about it, and the customer service rep told me the card I had was better (I guess that is a matter of opinion with the perks). She actually told me that I would have to give up my current card in order to get the Disney card. I spoke to someone at the Disney CC customer service number, and they said this wasn't true. I was just wondering if anyone has an answer or holds the Disney card and another Chase Visa. I could probably get around this by having my DH sign up, but the whole thing is just bugging me for some reason.

My second question is how often do they offer the $200 back? Every time I check it is down to the $100 on the premier and $50 on the other Disney Visa.

I have two chase visa cards one being the disney visa

I ordered the DV this weekend for an upcoming fall trip. Its arriving in 7-10 days. My plan was to pay the $200 deposit on our debit and then use the DV for the remaining balance at the 45 days. Now I'm wondering, in order to get the 6 month financing does the whole balance need to be on the DV? I'm contacting travel agent today with debit card number for the deposit. Should I just wait another week to get the DV in the mail? I don't want to mess up the 6 month financing over a $200 deposit. It's currently a non-discounted rate if that matters.

I would contact your TA then Chase directly to ask. Does your card get processed by the travel Agency (would your statement show $200 to Magic Travel Agency or Walt Disney)? I think a) who takes payment (TA or Disney) matters and b) I am not sure if you have to pay directly to Disney yourself for the interest free offer. you may be fine with the TA but I personally would call both directly to confirm.

I ordered the DV this weekend for an upcoming fall trip. Its arriving in 7-10 days. My plan was to pay the $200 deposit on our debit and then use the DV for the remaining balance at the 45 days. Now I'm wondering, in order to get the 6 month financing does the whole balance need to be on the DV? I'm contacting travel agent today with debit card number for the deposit. Should I just wait another week to get the DV in the mail? I don't want to mess up the 6 month financing over a $200 deposit. It's currently a non-discounted rate if that matters.

We did not use a TA but did but half the trip on the DV card to start, paid that off before 45 days interest free for 6 months. We then used the DV to pay off the rest of the trip at before 45 days giving us another 6months interest free.

Oh, great info!! We already bank w chase, so I am going to swing by and ask about this!

Question - Can you get the $200 bonus with the disney debit card? Or just the credit?

Oh, great info!! We already bank w chase, so I am going to swing by and ask about this!

Question - Can you get the $200 bonus with the disney debit card? Or just the credit?

Just credit, and even that is by invitation only. I probably only use my debit card 3 or 4 times a year and only at ATMs, but the Disney cards are so darn cute that I just had to make the switch. :goodvibes

Just signed up for DV regular credit card online. I am already a Chase customer. They are going to send my card prob in the next week or so along with a $50 gift card with my first purchase. Can wait to start racking up the points for my trip next summer. The points can be redeemed for Disney gift cards right? Is that how it works? you request to redeem your points and they send you the gift card? :confused3

Just signed up for DV regular credit card online. I am already a Chase customer. They are going to send my card prob in the next week or so along with a $50 gift card with my first purchase. Can wait to start racking up the points for my trip next summer. The points can be redeemed for Disney gift cards right? Is that how it works? you request to redeem your points and they send you the gift card? :confused3

To use your rewards, you will transfer them to a redemption card. The redemption card will expire on December 31 of the following year from which it is ordered. So whether you order it January 1, 2014, or December 1, 2014, it would expire on December 31, 2015. You must allow 3 weeks for your redemption card to arrive, though it usually takes 7-10 days. In order to get a redemption card, you must transfer at least 20 reward dollars. Once you have the card in hand, you can reload it by adding no less than 10 reward dollars.

Sorry I'm late to the party on this thread, but I have two questions about the credit card.
1) Can the redemption card be used towards actually paying for your vacation or is it only good for "play money" for your trip?
2) How do you go about getting sign up offers for the card? Is it just as simple as calling the card co and asking them to mail me information?
TIA!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter