Disney VISA Card for International Guests?

wendlle

Aussie Wendy
Every time I do a Shop Disney order I get the little flyer for the Chase Disney VISA card. But as an Australian I can't get this card as you have to have a US address.
Has anyone every gotten one or similar that gives Disney rewards that doesn't live in the USA?

AFAIK you do need a proper US mailing address and a US credit profile.

More than a few Canadians have it due to existing US credit history and various ways to have a US address, but I imagine it would be much more difficult to procure from down under.

Im from Europe and looked into this. To get the Disney Rewards Visa you need to have a Chase Bank Account. To get a Chase Bank account you need a USA mailing address, a USA Social Security Number and a USA Government photo ID such as drivers licence or passport.

Rules regarding opening a new bank account have become alot stricter in the last few years.

Im from Europe and looked into this. To get the Disney Rewards Visa you need to have a Chase Bank Account. To get a Chase Bank account you need a USA mailing address, a USA Social Security Number and a USA Government photo ID such as drivers licence or passport.

Rules regarding opening a new bank account have become alot stricter in the last few years.

I don't know if you are mentioning a rule for people in Europe. People in the U.S. do not need to have a Chase bank account in order to get the Disney Rewards Visa.

I don't know if you are mentioning a rule for people in Europe. People in the U.S. do not need to have a Chase bank account in order to get the Disney Rewards Visa.

ah but you have a USA bank account. For internationals, we would first have to have a USA bank account before getting the Disney Rewards Card. I just mentioned Chase, as if your whole purpose of opening a USA bank account is to get a Disney Rewards card, then it makes sense to open a Chase bank account.

The only way possible for us internationals is
  1. Get a work or study visa for USA
  2. Find somewhere to live
  3. Get a job
  4. Apply for a Social Security number
  5. Once you have all the relevant documentation, then open a bank account with Chase

I did similar when I lived in Germany and UK

When you move to a new country, opening a bank account takes a good few weeks, as you have to apply for and be approved for the relevant social security number. Social security numbers are different and unique in each country and you can not bring the same number from country to country.

Thanks everyone. I figured it would be impossible but never hurts to ask.
It's a shame other banks in other countries don't partner with Disney and offer something like this for us also.

Social Security numbers are not something we even have here in Australia. I knew they were needed in the USA but I didn't know other countries also used them.

Social Security numbers are not something we even have here in Australia. I knew they were needed in the USA but I didn't know other countries also used them.

Many counties use the same kind of system but it is called different names

USA = Social Security Number
Ireland = Personal Public Service Number, usually just called PPS Number
UK = National Insurance Number

Many counties use the same kind of system but it is called different names

USA = Social Security Number
Ireland = Personal Public Service Number, usually just called PPS Number
UK = National Insurance Number
In Canada they're called Social Insurance Numbers. We can't get the Disney rewards visa (or any of the cruise-line rewards) card either. :(

:goodvibes I got a chuckle out of your 5 Easy Steps to a US bank account. :lmao:Thanks for that.

Hey Wendy - I'm also Australian, but as we lived in the states 10 years ago we have both a SSN and still have a Chase account.

I was looking into this card as well to see if it is of any benefit to us. If we have to pay with this card then we'd have to transfer money over to our US account and our dollar sucks atm ...

I'll let you know how I go since I no longer have a US address

Hey Wendy - I'm also Australian, but as we lived in the states 10 years ago we have both a SSN and still have a Chase account.

I was looking into this card as well to see if it is of any benefit to us. If we have to pay with this card then we'd have to transfer money over to our US account and our dollar sucks atm ...

I'll let you know how I go since I no longer have a US address
Will be interesting to see if you can get it. Even If you can I will never be able to as I don't have that SSN

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!