Disney village changes-sports bar closing?

TeamJones22

Cashback!
Maybe this is common knowledge and its just me,but i just found this out:

''As most of you already know ENX Fantasy Zone opens for business in October this year following this there will be a range of other projects opening before 2009.

In 2006 the Sports Bar will close to be replaced with an italian restaurant.

other projects that will open before 2009 are.
A Chinese Restaurant
Additional TGV Station
ESPN Zone
World of Disney Store

As well as maybe a Virgin Megastore. ''

im a great fan of the sports bar and i think this is a real shame,i believe the sports bar was excellent good theming and nice place to relax with a light snack and a drink.
i am glad they are further expanding and i can understand why they would,but what i cannot understand is why they would close the sports bar.

As far as im aware,EFX Fantasy Leisure Zone is based in the downstairs area of the IMAX and has a bowling alley, Snooker and pool tables as well as a range of arcade machines.

Does anyone have any extra information or insight into the future projects,or the reasons behind the closing of the sports bar?

We always visited the Sports Bar for a drink or two - it was nice to catch up on any sports results and see some sport on the TVs too. That said, the thought of an Italian Restaurant in Disney Village is brilliant, and a Chinese Restaurant too - Disney Village just keeps getting better!

We went last year when the European Championships were on and Jason really liked going to the Sports Bar in the evenings to watch the games. France and England had both been knocked out by the time we went but one night he came back a bit worse for wear as he had been drinking with some victorious Portuguese fans - either quarter finals or semi finals I think.

I agree it would be a shame to see it closed although I do love Italian food!

ESPN is a sports channel in America.It mainly focuses,obviously,on american sports like baseball,american football and ice hockey but does from time to time cover other sports and other countries.Might be a bit out of place in Europe if you ask me. im hoping for a last minute problem to stop them closing the sports bar,cos its one of my favourite places to eat in the whole resort,so heres hoping!

With ESPN Europe starting soon I would expect ESPN Zone in DLRP to be localised and thus show more European favoured sports like Football.

Although I like the place I can do without it and would much prefer an Italian Restaurant - the Sports Bar doesn't seem to do much that anwyhere else doesn't do and that ESPN Zone will no doubt do too. We were in the Sports Bar in July and I said to Denise how I liked the place but it could do with a referb - now it's getting that, and then some!

I'm not a sports fan at all (sorry!) so I would prefer something different myself :blush: :guilty:

I think it's a shame for sports fans to get rid of it though!

The esbn web site is great. If we are getting something like that it will be an asset. The games area looks really good.

We will see!!!

Actually I'd be really excited by the introduction of an ESPN Zone. We always go to the ones in DL and WDW, and while it helps to be a sports fan (which both myself and DW are) the menu there is also really good, so there's something for everyone!

Miffy2003 said:
I'm not a sports fan at all (sorry!) so I would prefer something different myself :blush: :guilty:

I think it's a shame for sports fans to get rid of it though!

Sorry guys but I agree with Karen 100%. I will not be sorry to see it go!!

ESPN is a dedicated to sports so they will give even better sports coverage than the Sports Bar - plus, the ESPN Zone looks like it will be very swank and thus in a round about sort of way give the Sports Bar what it needed - a refurb!

ESPN being owned by Disney obviously brings it all into the 'family' nicely too. I'm excited - better sports, a new place to eat while watching sport and an Italian restaurant - wohoooo! With all the other developments planned for Disney Village it's going to be absolutely buzzing which is a huge bonus for the winter months when the park closes early.

seems im a bit outnumbered on this subject!
Good points made though,i do agree that the sports bar did need a few new ideas.and now that you mention about ESPN europe then im sure the ESPN zone will just what the sports bar did in nicer and much improved surroundings. Still,i think its something the disney village will miss quite badly for 3 years,as im a massive sports fan myself and i always make sure to make at least two or three trips there everytime i go to DLP.
All the investment in new attractions and entertainment/food venues will hopefully only spell good things for DLP,and also make now an excellent time to invest in a lot more DLP shares!

The Chinese Restaurant is supposed to be implanted in the same space as the ENX Fantasy Zone.

TeamJones22 said:
seems im a bit outnumbered on this subject!
Good points made though,i do agree that the sports bar did need a few new ideas.and now that you mention about ESPN europe then im sure the ESPN zone will just what the sports bar did in nicer and much improved surroundings. Still,i think its something the disney village will miss quite badly for 3 years,as im a massive sports fan myself and i always make sure to make at least two or three trips there everytime i go to DLP.
All the investment in new attractions and entertainment/food venues will hopefully only spell good things for DLP,and also make now an excellent time to invest in a lot more DLP shares!
Now that you've mentioned it, I've suddenly realised that I'm going to DLP next June - when the World Cup is on! Might need a sports bar after all....!

Having said that, there's no guarantee that England will even make it (let alone still be in it while I'm on holiday should they qualify) so I'm not going to panic just yet!

It is a shame if it is closing - it was one of the few (if only) place you could but ciggeretes from !!! :flower: :flower:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter