Disney Vacation Account... pay for wedding?

justme0729

DIS Veteran
I have researched threads relating to this question and in the past, most people said they think you can't but weren't sure. Can you use your Disney Vacation Account to pay for a wedding through DFTW?

I know you cannot use gift cards, but you can upload Disney gift cards to your DVA so by using the DVA, I could upload discounted Disney gift cards and then get a $20 gift card for every $1000 spent as well which would be nice. I know that I could open up a savings account at my bank but I would get more by getting the Disney gift cards than interest at my bank.

Thank you! :)

I don't think so, DVA basically works the same as a gift card. Believe me, I'm all about the discounted gift cards and DVA, so this would be great, but from what I understand, you cannot do it.

I Was wondering this also? Thinking about buying Discounted DGift cards from Sams Club and using this to add to DVA. Anyone ever try this?

You can pay for your wedding (at least a wishes wedding) with up to $5000.00 in gift cards. So if you used the vacation savings account and then moved it to a gift card you could essentially pay for part of your wedding.... you could also pay for hotel room/park passes with it

Skip the Disney Vacation Account and just use the gift cards directly. As @mscupcke said, Disney's Fairy Tale Weddings will accept up to $5,000 in gift card payments—they just have to be in $1,000 increments. But Disney has a website where you can consolidate all your smaller-denomination cards (like the ones bought at Target) into larger ones.

I called and asked about this last fall, and was told you can pay for the stay with DAV/gift cards, but not the wedding itself. They said absolutely no to gift cards for wedding expenses at all.

As of 2017 Disney's Fairy Tale Weddings officially accepts gift cards for up to $5,000 of the wedding's cost in $1,000 increments.

As of 2017 Disney's Fairy Tale Weddings officially accepts gift cards for up to $5,000 of the wedding's cost in $1,000 increments.
Does this apply to all types of weddings? Considering getting DF to just elope, and wanted to make sure it applied to Memories too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter