Disney transportation/one day ticket

Muffinish

Earning My Ears
Just a quick question, and I apologize if it's been answered repeatedly or is a source of controversy. Do the one day/one park tickets allow use of the Disney transportation system?

Technically speaking, no. The only transportation One Day One Park tickets allow for is the Monorail or Ferryboat to the Magic Kingdom. Other than that, unless you are a Disney Resort Guest, usage of the bus system is not needed, therefore is not included.

Note: that's an official rule, but in theory not practiced. I've been to Disney on everything from one day tickets, to hoppers, to AP's, and just taking a free day to resort hop with no legal pass. I've never been asked to produce anything to enter a monorail or bus.

Pat

Thanks to you too, Pat! Here's my dilemma, and maybe someone could tell me how to handle it. I have an Illuminations cruise booked that will leave from the Yacht/Beach Club. I have invited my brother and his children to join us BUT...my family and his family will likely not be together during the day. I was thinking that they might be able to take Disney transportation from whichever park they're in and meet us at the Y&BC, instead of having to leave the World, rendezvous at our hotel, and return for the cruise. We will have our own vehicles, so it's only a problem of convenience. I'm not huge on breaking rules, and I certainly wouldn't want to put them in a potentially embarrassing situation. (i.e. "These are ONE DAY tickets...please get off the bus!") But it sure would be nice not to have to shuttle around quite so much. Thanks for any insights!

The official rules exist as a way to help control crowds on super peak seasons such as the holidays, and to deter people from cheating the system. During normal times, they are not enforced.

You will be fine, I wouldn't worry about it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter