Disney transportation from SSR to BWV?

poohnpiglet3

Mouseketeer
My Dh asked me this last night and I was unsure. Is there a bus system that will take you from SSR (where we're buying into) to the BWV, if we'd like to go and walk the Boardwalk one night?

Thanks in advance for your answers!

Sherri :)

You will most likely have to get to DTD or one of the parks and then get a bus to the BWV. At least it should be fairly simple for SSR owners to get over to DTD. Resort to resort transportation is a bit of a challenge without a car. How long it takes you will depend on how easy it is for you to get to DTD.

HBC

Resort to resort transportation at WDW is one weak link in the transportation chain. If you are able to walk from your unit at SSR to the bus stop at DD (probably the Marketplace stop), you will cut a lot of time off the trip. You can also consider making it part of your Epcot visit. Exit out the International Gateway when you are ready to visit at the Boardwalk. You can then take a bus back to DD.

Traveling resort to resort generally take 60-90 minutes. If you have a car, or want to spring for a taxi, it should be about a 10 minute drive from SSR to BW.

You could go to EPCOT and walk from international gate to BW or take boat from MGM. Also short walk from BC/YC - Swan and Dolphin

Keep in mind that from SSR, you can walk or boat to DTD and from there take a bus to BWV (or just about anywhere else onsite after 4PM).

That for me was actually an advantage of SSR. I think about the only place you won't be able to get directly to is the TTC, but you could easily go to the Poly and walk.

Originally posted by MrShiny
I think about the only place you won't be able to get directly to is the TTC, but you could easily go to the Poly and walk.

I don't think there'd be any reason to go there since you've already been at the DD transfer point. The ease of transfering at DD will depend on how far away you are at SSR and how you feel about walking. I know that DI used to have a bus at DD (usually shared the stop but not the bus) with OKW.

Originally posted by PamOKW
[...]The ease of transfering at DD will depend on how far away you are at SSR and how you feel about walking. [...]
The more I look at the overhead photos, the more I realize that the walk to DTD will vary quite a bit depending on what SSR Bldg you get. The walk from the far end of the lake could be quite a hike....

Well, having just lost about 90 pounds :hyper: I think the walk won't be too bad. Now, just to convince the two kids of that...

heehee

Thanks!

Sherri :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter