Disney Transfer from Port to WDW

PembrokeED

Earning My Ears
Hello Fellow Cruisers, What has been your experience taking Disney Transfer from the port to WDW. How long did it take and would you do it again ? Thank You for your time.

Hello Fellow Cruisers, What has been your experience taking Disney Transfer from the port to WDW. How long did it take and would you do it again ? Thank You for your time.

Transfers from the port to your resort are $35 per person. The buses start departing from the cruise port about 9 AM. Depending on the resort you were going to, and how many other cruisers are also going to the resorts, your bus may stop at more than one. Your resort might be the first one the bus stops at or it might be the last, just depending on the number of cruisers that chose transfers. They do show cute videos on the bus, and they're very comfortable.

Twice we've taken DCL transfers. One time we were the 2nd drop off for our bus, a bit over an hour from port to resort. Second time, they didn't have us scheduled for a bus, so we were added to a random bus going to the same area in WDW where our resort was. There were 2 drop offs before our stop (taking about an hour and half from port to resort) and there were still people on the bus to be dropped off.

Would I take it again? Yes.

Transfers from the port to your resort are $35 per person. The buses start departing from the cruise port about 9 AM. Depending on the resort you were going to, and how many other cruisers are also going to the resorts, your bus may stop at more than one. Your resort might be the first one the bus stops at or it might be the last, just depending on the number of cruisers that chose transfers. They do show cute videos on the bus, and they're very comfortable.
Thank You for for your Reply
Thank You for your reply .

Twice we've taken DCL transfers. One time we were the 2nd drop off for our bus, a bit over an hour from port to resort. Second time, they didn't have us scheduled for a bus, so we were added to a random bus going to the same area in WDW where our resort was. There were 2 drop offs before our stop (taking about an hour and half from port to resort) and there were still people on the bus to be dropped off.

Would I take it again? Yes.
Thank You for sharing your experience .

We just took the WDW transfers in April. We pulled away from PC at 9:04am
port1.jpg

Pulled into WDW at 10:02am
wdw2.jpg

And were in our room at BLT at 10:55am…we did not do online check-in prior to arrival, and we also had some cruise fastpasses that we had to see someone about in the lobby before we went up to our room.
blt3.jpg

We like the WDW transfers. The bus was clean, comfortable, there are TVs to watch if you want. We will definitely take them again :-)

Agree with the other responses, our trip from PC to SSR was 1 hr and 25 min. second stop. Very nice clean bus and a comfortable, safe ride. Will always take the shuttle.

View attachment 331999

View attachment 332000

And were in our room at BLT at 10:55am…we did not do online check-in prior to arrival, and we also had some cruise fastpasses that we had to see someone about in the lobby before we went up to our room.
View attachment 331998

We like the WDW transfers. The bus was clean, comfortable, there are TVs to watch if you want. We will definitely take them again :-)
Thank You for sharing your experience. We are curious as to what a cruise fastpass is.

Agree with the other responses, our trip from PC to SSR was 1 hr and 25 min. second stop. Very nice clean bus and a comfortable, safe ride. Will always take the shuttle.[/QU
View attachment 331999

View attachment 332000

View attachment 331998

Agree with the other responses, our trip from PC to SSR was 1 hr and 25 min. second stop. Very nice clean bus and a comfortable, safe ride. Will always take the shuttle.
Thank You for sharing your experience.

Thank You for sharing your experience. We are curious as to what a cruise fastpass is

We are DVC members and went to the DVC reception…from there, we signed up to listen to someone try to sell us more points. It wasn't a big deal, he knew we weren't really in the market, but just for speaking with him, we got three extra fastpasses. When we got to BLT, the DVC guy in the lobby gave us three extra fastpasses/day for three days…it was awesome pixie dust, but I still would have done it for just the three extra we were supposed to get.

I don't know if you can sign up for this as non-DVC members, but if you can, it was totally worth the five minutes of sitting down with a guide :-)

We did it last July. We had early dining, so our breakfast was really early, around 6:30am I think. We sat on the bus for over an hour waiting to leave. I don't know if I would do this again. Going to the airport is great, because once a bus fills up, it leaves. However, the ones to WDW will not leave until 9am. I guess you could just roam the ship with your luggage, but that's kind of a hassle. If you have a bigger party, then a town car could be worth it. Even with 3 of us, I would probably consider it next time. If you need a rental car for your trip after the cruise, then I would consider that. This was specifically from Port Canaveral. I am assuming that's what you are researching.

We did it last July. We had early dining, so our breakfast was really early, around 6:30am I think. We sat on the bus for over an hour waiting to leave. I don't know if I would do this again. Going to the airport is great, because once a bus fills up, it leaves. However, the ones to WDW will not leave until 9am. I guess you could just roam the ship with your luggage, but that's kind of a hassle. If you have a bigger party, then a town car could be worth it. Even with 3 of us, I would probably consider it next time. If you need a rental car for your trip after the cruise, then I would consider that. This was specifically from Port Canaveral. I am assuming that's what you are researching.

Another option is to head to Cabanas with your hand luggage about 7:30 or so. Leisurely breakfast, off the ship, retrieve luggage, customs,etc. should get you on the bus closer to nine so you don't have a long wait.

We've taken DCL transfers to WDW and will do so again depending on our plans.

We are DVC members and went to the DVC reception…from there, we signed up to listen to someone try to sell us more points. It wasn't a big deal, he knew we weren't really in the market, but just for speaking with him, we got three extra fastpasses. When we got to BLT, the DVC guy in the lobby gave us three extra fastpasses/day for three days…it was awesome pixie dust, but I still would have done it for just the three extra we were supposed to get.

I don't know if you can sign up for this as non-DVC members, but if you can, it was totally worth the five minutes of sitting down with a guide :-)
Thank You for sharing your experience.

Thank You for sharing you experience. You are correct. We would like to maximize our Saturday park tickets by getting to the park earlier than 12:00 - 1:00 .

Thank You for sharing you experience. You are correct. We would like to maximize our Saturday park tickets by getting to the park earlier than 12:00 - 1:00 .

We still could have gotten to the parks by then. I think it was about an hour/hour & a half drive. We got dropped off in the first few stops. So, we got to the hotel probably by 11 or 11:30am.

So even if you’re taking the dcl bus, you have to get your own luggage. Does your luggage get loaded on the same bus you get on? Never used the shuttle, but thinking of doing it our next trip. Renting a car one way to the port, but taking the dcl bus to Bwv afterwards.

So even if you’re taking the dcl bus, you have to get your own luggage. Does your luggage get loaded on the same bus you get on? Never used the shuttle, but thinking of doing it our next trip. Renting a car one way to the port, but taking the dcl bus to Bwv afterwards.

You'll collect your luggage in the luggage hall, and go through customs with it. There are porters to assist if needed. Your luggage is then loaded on the bus you are traveling on to the resort. Upon arriving at the resort, if your room is not yet ready, you can store your luggage with those services.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter