• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney to sell their DVC unit?

I personally think this rumor is extremely unlikely to come true. DVC is a cash cow for Disney. You're locking people into paying hundreds (for most of us, thousands) of dollars in annual dues year over year, and you're locking them into coming and spending money on property on a yearly or at least every other year basis. Why in the world would they want to get rid of that?

Things like 2042 are, I guess, an issue, but it's not like they don't have complete control over what happens. As much as we speculate the resorts will be redone, even knocked down and rebuilt, completely, it will cost major $$$, and maybe at that time it won't make sense to spend it - who knows? They could blow it off by 10-15 years by offering extensions. The reality is we really don't know and I doubt they know yet either. Business changes a lot in 20 years. 20 years ago, 2001, what even existed? Boardwalk, Old Key West, Villas at WL, the beach resorts... nowhere near what we have now in DVC. My point is that 20 years out is not really a relevant problem in terms of selling DVC off to another company.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter