Disney to Sea World??

D

DisneyVa.

OK, I have strange question for you. My son and I are coming back to Disney World this summer for our 12th trip. Needless to say we love Disney! On all the other 11 trips we have always stayed at Disney Resorts and want to again. However, for the last several years, my ten year old son has been begging to go to Sea World. He did a big unit this year in school on Whales and really wants to go. Question is.... can you get to Sea World from Disney property (and YES I know it is not a Disney park) any other way besides taxi, towncar, or rental car. I thought I owed it to my son to at least research the situation before I give him an answer. Surely someone out there has stayed at a Disney resort and been to Sea World. Any input would be great! Thanks.

I had the same question and got some really good information about Lynx which is Orlando's public transportation. Maybe if you do a search or go over to the transportation board you might find the thread. This is a question that "Chip and Dale Express" can answer.

The LYNX bus can get you there relatively cheaply. The Link 50 at the TTC runs every 30 mins, and drops off right at SeaWorld. I actually had to take the #50 the other day, and it was a straight shoot right over to the front parking lot of SeaWorld. There were a few stops, including one where you could catch the I-Drive Trolley... Ask the driver which is the best stop for SeaWorld... they'd know best.

Fares run $1.25 per person, each way. The bus does run every 30 mins... you can visit www.golynx.com for exact scheduling.

I know you said something other than Taxi, shuttle etc. But we used Mears motor shuttle they came and got us at the WL and picked us up when we told them to at Sea world. It only cost us $10.00.

If you have never been to Sea World it is nice as well, especially if you like animals. It is much smaller than any Disney park but it is a nice change of pace. The only complaint I have is that the attendants are not near as nice as the ones at Disney. Disney definately spoils you! (That is a good thing)

Originally posted by Chip 'n Dale Express
The LYNX bus can get you there relatively cheaply. The Link 50 at the TTC runs every 30 mins, and drops off right at SeaWorld.

The only problem is getting over to TTC if you aren't staying on the monorail, Wilderness Lodge or Fort Wilderness. Unless you can charm a driver into diverting to TTC on the way to MK (I was lucky because it was mid morning and the bus was nearly empty) you will have to take the bus to MK and then the monorail to TTC. It depends how you value your vacation time - you can easily waste a couple of hours getting over to TTC and back again.

Andrew

Thank you to all for the information! Mport, I was wondering about your price of $10. Is that round trip? Is that per person?

I am thinking that it was $10 round trip but, that can't be right. $10 per person sounds more real but anyway here's the phone number for Mears. (407) 423-5566

I just talked to Mears and it is $13 per person round trip. That's $39!! No thanks, I'll take my chances with Lynx!!

Again, thanks to all for your responses. Today I ended up booking a rental car for the whole week. That way we can get to and from the airport, to and from Sea World (on two different days since a single ticket can be used for two days ), and eat off property a couple of times if we choose. I am a Emerald Club member with National. They really do have some great rates now online. Last year we rented a car for three days for $102. I thought that wasn't too bad. This rental was for 7 days for $124.86 TOTAL. I thought that was a great price!

Glad it worked out for you. With the price of rental cars at the National site right now, it practically pays for itself if you only count the cost of getting to and from the airport. Everything else is a perk. We always rent a car and since National's rates are the lowest I've seen them EVER I have made my car ressies for my May, July, September and October trips. There doesn't seem to be a expiration dates for this wonderful rate!! You got a great rate. I'm assuming you used the DC discount and the coupon?? Since we're not DC members, we used the vacation discount and coupon found on mousesavers.

Actually, we used the entertainment book discount of 10% and combined it with a coupon for $20 off. It saved us $32.02.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter