• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney tickets at Airmiles

bunnyfoo

<font color=red>It's Monday and my mind was somewh
I'm not sure if this has been posted yet, but I received an e-mail from Air Miles ... you can now redeem your points for tickets :)

5-Day Adult Ticket 3,080
5-Day Child Ticket 2,460
7-Day Adult Ticket 3,720
7-Day Child Ticket 3,000

...now to find that card!!LOL:sunny:

I was able to take advantage of this Airmiles offer just two weeks ago!

I had gone to the Disney Store up at Limeridge to get my 5 day Park Hopper Plus passes and they only had 2 in stock and I needed four. (The gal in the store, btw, gave me attitude about using my Disney Club card - wanted to know who I was buying them for! I became very, very upset!)

Anyhow, in the end she said that she would be ordering more and they would be in within a week. When I got home that night, my Airmiles special coupons came in the mail and low and behold you could now order passes with your Airmiles!

I called right away the next morning and they were Fed Ex'd to me within a few days - it was great!

Have fun ordering yours! :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

I think I'm closer for a free ticket right now ... but I like that we have the option for tickets.

Scratch tried to help me with my airfare for my next trip, but I was already "non-refundable." Since I didn't have my park pass yet, this worked out great! Ordered and on it's way! :)

Thank you for the heads up, Bunnyfoo!! :) :)

I don't pay that much attention to my Air Miles account because it takes forever to accumulate points, I find. I am a very long way from having enough for a Disney ticket but now I have incentive with this new offer. On reading their website I also discovered that you can redeem HBC points for AMRM. 2000 points per 1 mile so would still take a long time but at least it's another option. Do any of you do this?

How do all of you accumulate Air Miles quickly?

My HBC points are automatically converted to Air Miles (you can set them up that way) and my Amex gives me 1 AM for every $15 spent (used it for all my expenses at WDW last month). But it does take a long time to accumulate. :( I used Air Miles for our flight to WDW but they really "ding" you on taxes...the ticket was free but I paid ~$180 in taxes...ouch. You're better off using it for merchandise Julie (like Hopper Tickets) seeing as though you can fly out of Buffalo for about the same amount as they'll charge you in taxes for a plane ticket.

Oh & I should also add that the point requirement for a flight was lower for October than it would have been for prime eason...like March. If I had to accumulate enough points for that time of year, I'd never have enough points for a ticket...I think it was double what I needed for October. :(

Glad to be of help Snowwark :wave2:

I get most of my Air Miles through my MasterCard... I agree that they take a long time to accumulate. I just try to put most of purchases onto my credit card. I also have an Aeroplan credit card ... I have enough there for a free ticket, but I find it pretty hard to book a ticket, they've got lots of executive class seats available but not very many economy tickets. Oh well.

I didn't know you could get executive seats on aeromile seats. We find it so challenging to find flights with 5 seats to Orlando. Have always booked 6 months in advance.

Originally posted by sillyminny
I didn't know you could get executive seats on aeromile seats. We find it so challenging to find flights with 5 seats to Orlando. Have always booked 6 months in advance.

Yep. They're 25,000 points Toronto to Orlando instead of 15,000 for economy. I've found that when Aeroplan has seats available, Air Miles will be out of seats and vice-versa :) I've never been able to get more than 1 free ticket at a tme! *lol*

I'm in the same boat as sillyminney. Getting 5 seats is difficult. We too have booked six months out, but have never been able to get flights into Orlando. Last year we flew into Tampa, with no trouble getting seats. In 2000, we flew into Miami and drove to Orlando, we won't do that again. From what I've been able to figure out with aeroplan, 5 seats seems to be what's available on flights for redemption.

As far as airmiles collecting, I'll be dead before I ever have enough points to redeem for a flight. As far as redeeming for merchandise, I find you have to watch the number of points they want versus the actual value of the item. Some of the things they have seem hardly worth.

We're saving aeroplan points for 2005 to go to Europe for my nephews wedding. I only hope that by then, my aeroplan points will be good. Hopefully Air Canada will still be flying at that time.

I love that I can save airmiles for Disney World Park Hoppers!!:bounce: After reading this thread I finally got a HBC card! Now, can you transfer points from another card. For example my FIL offered me 6000 points for 2 kids park hoppers, if I figured out how and if I could do this! :hyper:

Melindaandrob, could your FIL order the tickets himself?

I'm not sure you can transfer them from one Airmiles account to another, without a lot of strings attached.

This is what it says on the back of my Airmiles statement.

"You (the primary Collector) can, with proper documentation, request a name change to your account, or merge your account with a family member or a member or your household, but only upon death, divorce, relationship breakdown, or emigration from Canada."

Sounds kind of brutal, doesn't it?

Kim :)

LOL Thanks Kim! duh, I never thought, I could just have my FIL buy the kids tickets! :o

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter