"Disney through the Years" January Exercise Challenge

I'm so sorry you've had such a rough time lately and really hope you feel much better soon.

Thanks! Waiting for her to call in a stronger antibiotic as I type! Really would love to be able to get back on track by the weekend but I know not to make things worse so I'm just waiting it out now. The pain is better than it was so I know it's working, just soooo slowly!

Happy Friday, Everyone!!

:rainbow: We have a new "promising pink" - congratulations :Pinkbouncprincessbee :Pinkbounc!!

1956 Releases:

The Great Locomotive Chase, Davy Crockett and the River Pirates, Secrets of Life, and Westward Ho the Wagons!

1956 - Davy_Crockett_and_the_River_Pirates.jpg 1956 - Great Locomotive Chase.jpg 1956 - Secrets_of_Life_poster.jpg 1956 - Westward_Ho_the_Wagons!_poster.jpg

(one or more posters copyright Buena Vista Distribution)

Have a great weekend, and make time for exercise!!

Welcome to the weekend!

The team has reported 154 minutes so far for yesterday, and we are at 49%! :cheer2: Go team!! :cheer2:

1957 brought the releases of Johnny Tremain, Perri, and Old Yeller, as well as the first episode of Zorro on TV.

I had never heard of Perri, so I looked it up. It's one of the "True-Life Adventures" and is about a little squirrel.

Get your daily dose of cute here! -
http://video.disney.com/watch/perri-trailer-4be0f7633c89b8c416559506

(The clip is short, but for some reason wouldn't embed.)

:tink:ETA - In dash of Disney coincidence, today happens to be "Squirrel Appreciation Day" -
https://www.daysoftheyear.com/days/squirrel-appreciation-day/ :laughing:

Last edited:
570 minutes since last check in. We've been at the parks two days so far, and this group has helped prepare me for the huge amount of walking we've been doing! My family is dragging and moaning and groaning about the pain, and I am all "this is great! let's keep going!"!!!! I was doing the moaning and groaning by this point last trip, so I know it has to be staying committed to this group that has helped improve my stamina this year. Thank you sooooooooooooooo much to you guys for motivating me to stay on track. You guys are the best! 5 more park days to go . . .

2025/2000

@Twilight Sparkle, that's wonderful!!! I love hearing how the group has been such a help!

:rainbow: We have two color changes this morning:

:car: sophy 1996, and
:bounce: Twilight Sparkle!!

and team totals are over 7,000 minutes!!

We're up to 1959, with Sleeping Beauty, The Shaggy Dog, Darby O'Gill and the Little People, and Third Man on the Mountain.

According to “The Disney Wiki” (http://disney.wikia.com/wiki/Sleeping_Beauty) Sleeping Beauty was:
- the last cel-animated feature from Disney to be inked by hand before the xerography process took over.
- the first animated feature to be shot in Super Technirama 70.
- originally a box-office failure.

The character of Aurora's mother the queen has no name credited to her in the film.

The cookies the fairies eat with tea are shaped like Mickey Mouse's head and ears.

Sleeping Beauty was made whilst Walt Disney was building Disneyland (hence the four year production time). To help promote the film, Imagineers declared the castle there to be Sleeping Beauty's (it was originally to be Snow White's).

Sleeping Beauty is the only Disney movie with square trees.

After Sleeping Beauty, Disney focused more on live-action films for two years (there were ten before Disney released another animated feature - 101 Dalmatians.)

Barbara Luddy, who is the voice of Merryweather, had lent her voice to Lady in the earlier Disney movie Lady and the Tramp. After Sleeping Beauty, she also did the voices of Mother Rabbit in Robin Hood and Kanga in The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh.

Verna Felton (Flora) previously lent her voice to the Elephant Matriarch and Mrs. Jumbo in Dumbo, the Fairy Godmother in Cinderella, the Queen of Hearts in Alice in Wonderland and Aunt Sarah in Lady and the Tramp. After Sleeping Beauty, her last film for Disney was providing the voice for Winifred in The Jungle Book.

The film was referenced in Dan Brown's The Da Vinci Code as an allegory of the Grail quest.

The music to the song “Once Upon a Dream” is from the Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky ballet Sleeping Beauty, as is almost all the rest of the music in the film. The music to the song was also used in recent commercials for Sargento Cheese as well as a couple of Fred Quimby era Tom & Jerry cartoons.

Have a great week, everyone, and keep exercising!!

Sorry, I have not been posting - Came on yesterday but got distracted before I calculated everything.

a week ago on the weekend -
36 minute walk on Saturday
99 minutes run/walk on Sunday

Last week-
10 minutes arms on Wednesday
40 minute run/walk on Friday

This weekend-
52 minute walk on Saturday
92 minute run/walk on Sunday

770/1200 Total

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts