Disney Studios to Boardwalk

Rneighh

<font color=CC33CC>This is a horse of a different
we are going to eat at Spoodles or Flying Fish and would like to try to eat before Fantasmic. Is the only way to get between the two the bus or is there another mode.

Thanks Renee

There are no buses from BW to MGM.

You can walk or take the boat. But the boat will go from BW to Y&BC to Swan/Dolphin before it goes to the Disney Studios so walking will be faster.:wave:

The boat is quite slow but an easier way of commuting. The walk will take approximately 20 minutes from the Boardwalk to Disney Studios.
:)

The boat goes directly to MGM from the Swan/Dolphin as well as being the first stop on return, and it's only about a 5 minute walk from the S/D boat dock to Spoodles and less to Flying Fish. I would get on and off at Swan/Dolphin, as I find the walk between Boardwalk and MGM to be a little boring though it should only take about 15 minutes.

We stay at BW and always walk. This would be nice for an after-dinner walk.

Originally posted by swilphil
as I find the walk between Boardwalk and MGM to be a little boring though it should only take about 15 minutes.

....and I really enjoy that walk! :D Unless you're already too 'walked-out' for the day, I find it a realxing break from the crowds and hubub, you can move at your own pace (no stumping along behind crowds). Though the boats are also a nice way to travel.....more relaxing than a bus.

Just so you know....

We had a 5:00 opening reservation for Spoodles before Fantasmic. It was rather rushed to get back in time to get seats for Fantasmic - we ended up taking a cab and didn't order dessert.

It works, but unless Fantasmic is showing late, you'll want to book an hour of travel time (half an hour each way) and be prepared to rush.

Unless there is a late showing of Fantasmic, I wouldn't recommend FF, which will be much slower.

We have made the walk between Disney Studios and BW and it is not that bad of a walk. Pretty flat most of the way and you can walk at a slow pace if you want. I would rather walk that wait on a boat or bus. Just my $0.02.

If the earliest seating is 5:00 it sounds like time may be an issue. We are going in Feb. so I will assume that Fantasmic will be at 7:00. What is the latest seating we can make? If I remember right Fantsmic is about 40 minutes and travel will be about 1/2 hour. If I make a PS for 8:30 or later do you think I will be okay.

Renee

If you are going to eat after Fantasmic, definitely plan on walking from MGM to the Boardwalk. It should only take about 15 minutes from the MGM exit but could easily take another 15 minutes to get out of Fantasmic to the exit. You might want to sit in the back. I think you will be fine with an 8:30 PS at Flying Fish--enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter