DISNEY STORE- When are the great sales?

crazymomof4

DIS Veteran
Before our last WDW trip I was so happy to hit a great big blow-out clearance type sale at my Disney Store.

We are going again in mid-Sept and I am hoping the store in my area (Central NJ) will have at least one big sale between now and then.

Is there a standard schedule to these sales or has anyone kept track of the sales and seen a pattern?

Sinc the stores were sold to the Children's Place last November, don't count on anything being the same as it has been in the past.

Anne

We went last September and I have a October trip planned this year. Last year the DS put all their memorial day stuff into clearance after memorial day. I got so many great deals! We had matching red t-shirts with Mickey Mouse on the front. On the bottom of Mickey was 2004. When we wore these last September, I had people in the park asking me where we had bought them! Also in June they marked down t-shirts to 3.99 and 1.99. I had the kids loaded w/ matching t-shirts! They seem to clear stuff out in June for July stuff which is fall merchandise :earseek: ! But they are owned by Children's Place now so who knows if they will follow suit. We might be able to get good deals online still.

I am waiting for June now! Lot of clearance I hope!!! :Pinkbounc

Last year they had an awesome sale to clear out room for the Halloween costumes.

I bought tons of things for Christmas gifts and stored them away.

It must have been early September or around then.

I also live in central NJ. What Disney store do you go to and how is it? I like the one in Quakerbridge Mall but not the one in Menlo Park Mall. Any good suggestions for other malls in the area?

Thanks,
Linda

Carrie Ellis said:
But they are owned by Children's Place now so who knows if they will follow suit. We might be able to get good deals online still.

:Pinkbounc

Well, the Children's Place where I shop (Franklin Mills Mall, PA) is always marking stuff WAY down to make room for the new shipments. So if they keep that pattern with their management of the DS then we can be hopeful. :goodvibes

Bridgewater, Freehold, and Paramus have the best and largest stores in NJ--they are double and triple sized strores and have the second generation design that looks like a movie set (blue carpet, yellow "scafolding" wall fixtures).

Anne

lpizzuro123 said:
I also live in central NJ. What Disney store do you go to and how is it? I like the one in Quakerbridge Mall but not the one in Menlo Park Mall. Any good suggestions for other malls in the area?

Thanks,
Linda

Actually, I should have said Eastern, Central NJ (as in our house is 6 blocks from the Delaware River). The Disney Store closest to me is in the Cherry Hill Mall. I really only shop the clearance sales.

As far as the store itself goes, I really can't give an opinion as it seems to be constantly changing. I've heard that this is the case with DS across the board. It's like the store that can't find it's identity......doesn't know what it wants to be when it grows up. :rotfl: What I mean by that is, I'll go in and it looks like a Disney souvenier shop: mugs, key chains, etc. Then I visit 6 mo later and it seems like more of a toy store with every character made into a doll or stuffed animal. Then 6 months after that it's like it's a family clothing store....Shirts, sweat suits, PJ's for everyone in the family.

But that's OK by me bc. every change in identitiy means the stuff from the old "identitiy" goes on clearance. :cheer2:

There is a big sale going on right now at the DS's. All clearance is an additional 30% off- clothes, toys - all kinds of really good things! Go check it out. It's been on since Monday, but there was lotsof stuff ion my DS on Thursday! I posted specific finds on another thread I started if you're interested.

karebear1 said:
There is a big sale going on right now at the DS's. All clearance is an additional 30% off- clothes, toys - all kinds of really good things! Go check it out. It's been on since Monday, but there was lotsof stuff ion my DS on Thursday! I posted specific finds on another thread I started if you're interested.

THANKS I'm going to the mall tomorrow, so I'll be sure to hit the DS! :earsgirl:

crazymomof4 said:
THANKS I'm going to the mall tomorrow, so I'll be sure to hit the DS! :earsgirl:

I am not familiar with what's left in other store but in Concord mall in Delaware alot of "The Cuties" series are on red tag plus 30% that lowest ticketed price. Also INCREDIBLES fan !! globe are now 39.99/red tag. Yup!! ALL red tag Item you get another 30% discount. Kids shirt are down to 3.99 to 5.99 red tag!!! Key chains, kids watches. Coin choco candy comes out to 0.69 variety of Buzz and Princesses - not a bad sovies to add in your treat bags!!! Also there are alot of stuff that are on 33% discount on their regular prize! And Tinkerbell fans!!! New items of bags, mugs, journal( love the journal) and Tink Watch is back in the store! :cloud9: hmmmm that's all I can remember for now if I remember more stuff I'll post a P.S. :rolleyes1

FYI- My DS manager said she thought that tomorrow (SUNDAY) would be the last day of the additional 30% off clearance sale! So get your deals while you can!!!

Just went this week and got some great stuff at an extra 30% off. I also talked to the "CM" there who said that she has been thrilled with the change over so far from the management and she said to be watching for new and great things to be happening in the near future (tons of sales, outlet stores, etc.). She also said that they have some great summer stuff coming out like cute plates, glasses, for really cheap! Sounds great! I can't wait to see what is out there!

Mickey Caps and canvas totes were 33% off yesterday. Don't know how long the sale will last though. I bought shirts for 7.99 markdown plus and extra 30% off. I work at Children's Place, so I get an extra 30% off employee discount, but I bought 13 shirts and 1 cap for $60.30 including tax.

Just got a call about 30 minutes ago. Our Disney Store at Concord Mall and Christiana mall in Delaware have the 50% discount off from lowest ticketed red tag sale !!! SO I hope this is nationwide so we can all enjoy the sale !! Still alot of cute stuff in our Delaware store... was just there yesterday :o)

lpizzuro123 said:

Thanks,
Linda

I'm always at the Quakerbridge Mall Disney Store. I'm just waiting for the disney dollars to come back. Last year I got lots of good buys in June and July. Hope they have the same this year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter