Disney Store - customer satisfaction survery

wdwpluto

<font color=blue>The TF looked all over but couldn
Was at the Willbrook mall in Wayne, NJ yesterday and they grabbed us going in. There were about 4 CMs there with Research Department badges. Had to fill out a 1 page questionaire and return it. Asked about where we shopped, kids clothing, merchandise, etc. When we returned the survey they asked us if we were willing to be interviewed on the way out. We said sure with the hopes that maybe the stores will improve based on all of this (ha!).

So we shopped (bought 2 pins, an antenna topper and one of those magic washcloths) and then stopped back for our interview. Was about 5 minutes asking about our general satisfaction with the store, the merchandise and the CMs. We expressed our dis-satisfaction with the lack of adult clothing, not enough collectibles and the fact that we're Pooh-d out and want to see more of the fab 5. We were positive about the CMs because the ones we encountered were great. For our time we each got a $5 gift coupon good through Christmas.

We were asked things like if we had $100 to spend on kids clothes where would we spend it (no kids under 18 in our house). We could split it anyway we want between: TDS, Gap, Gymboree, Old Navy, and 1-2 other choices. We were asked the same thing about stuffed animals w/ choices being TDS, Toys R Us, KB Toys, Walmart and 1-2 other choices.

I should mention that I believe this store is meant to be one of the Disney Play stores with lots of dress up clothes and toys.

Now I wonder if they'll really do anything with the results? Anyone else get surveyed at any other stores?

I guess that I need to stop at one of the stores today.

It's unfortunate that they've waited this long to survey people because I'm afraid that many people no longer go there. Ah well, I give them points for at least addressing the problems nowadays.

Hey Pluto...

I'm going to head over to the Willowbrook store today and see if maybe I can't get the survey as well! I can't stand the "Disney Play" concept, and would love to have a small part in getting it done away with, if possible. (My apologies if you don't feel the same!)

I'll let you know what happens!

Originally posted by ToddS
Hey Pluto...

I'm going to head over to the Willowbrook store today and see if maybe I can't get the survey as well! I can't stand the "Disney Play" concept, and would love to have a small part in getting it done away with, if possible. (My apologies if you don't feel the same!)

I'll let you know what happens!

No need to apologize! It's not my thing either. We're late-20-somethings with no kids and I love Disney for me, not the children! :o

Originally posted by Planogirl
I guess that I need to stop at one of the stores today.

It's unfortunate that they've waited this long to survey people because I'm afraid that many people no longer go there. Ah well, I give them points for at least addressing the problems nowadays.

Yes we've stopped going there as well. Heck you can hardly even get Men's clothes online anymore at the Disney Store.

I really wish they would do that same survey in Indiana at the Indianapolis Stores. We just joined the collectors society about 2 months ago and just last week they pulled out all of the collectibles in the store. No Snow Globes, figurines, siricells (sp). I complained to the manager and asked where we could by collectibles. She relied on the Internet or we could drive to Chicago as it was the closest DS with collectible merchandise. It is interesting to note that also all of the adult clothing is gone as well, not that they had anything but a few items for women and nothing for men.

I have written the Disney Store email address and asked for an explanation. I also complained that there is very little mens cloting on the internet even let alone the DS.

We were regular customers to our disney store at the Castleton Mall in Indianapolis, but now we really have no reason to go with the exception of pins which they just started a new set of for this Christmas.

I will post an update if and when I hear anything from the Disney Store. :(

Well, headed on over to the Willowbrook, NJ Disney Store and was able to take part in the survey, and made sure to make my displeasure known with anything that seemed to refer to the "Disney Play" concept of the store. The survey folks were very pleasant and seemed receptive, but we all know how Disney has a tendency to spin survey results to suit their own idea of what they think their guests want... "We took it as a wake-up call!" ;)

Thanks again Pluto for the heads-up on the survey! I've been complaining about that store since they changed it, and it's nice to feel like someone who can do something about it might hear my complaints. By the way, my wife and I are right there with you, if a little older; we're early thirty-somethings with no kids! Congrats on the Fairy-Tale Wedding. Good Luck!

My guess is if they did this in all the DS, they would really have a wake up call alright! ;) That's probably why they don't ask everyone!

My wife took the survey on the 20th at the Disney Store in Willowbrook Mall. She stated similar complaints as you did but she got $10 to use before Xmas. I think you should go back and get the extra $5.

Our own Disney store in Madison is a complete crap-shoot. We used to stop in all of the time, and often bought collectables, clothes, etc. Then they went to kids toys, kids clothes, and we still stopped in once and awhile, but never bought anything. Now they have collectables back (Although smaller quantities), and stock clothes that are shipped unsold from other places. Every once and awhile we find something nice at a real bargain. This includes (rarely) adult clothes.

My wife complains constantly about the lack of merchandise that appeals to adults, but I am begining to enjoy the ever-changing selection. It's feels like a Disney-TJ Maxx. You just never know what you are going to find. It's not a very effective retail strategy though.

They keep tossing stuff against the wall to see what sticks.

I would give anything to go back about 4 years to when nearly everything that was in there was appealing to me. I was a VERY good customer! I always bought Corporate gifts there too. Now I go their catelog on-line but I buy less because I can only see pictures.

My prediction is that in about a year that they are going to close the entire system. They ruined the concept.

I was just about to post something to this effect.

I pre-ordered Beauty and the Beast. I was going to try and spend another $30 to get the $10 gift card. There was NOTHING. Well, nothing if I didn't want a plush doll, or pooh/tigger/eyeore/rabbit costume, or barbie doll.

I'm glad to see I'm not the only without kids who shops there, or...who used to shop there.

Dan

I just e-mailed to Disney Store. I was in a Disney Store this past weekend and it was sad because I used to feel so happy just to walk in and browes and usually I made a purchase of some kind. Now there was absolutely nothing for adults. I could always count on the Disney Store for an adult gifts.
I am sick of it. I want the old Disney Store back!

Jennifer

Peedee, you and I are on the same wavelength! Right after posting I did the same thing. And I too used to LOVE to shop at the Disney store. Just browsing usually led to some sort of purchase. No longer!

Yes, it was sad wanting to spend the extra money to get a discount card but not finding anything to buy! I waited and waited, hoping for something that would look good, but had to settle for the DVD only. I keep telling the cast members they are doing me a favor by limiting my spending!

Jeff

Sandy,
Go to the disneystore.com and click on "contact us". Then you can send an e-mail.

Jennifer

That's good. I am glad you gave your opinion! I hope they give the survey in NH. I also liked it 4-5 years ago when the Disney Stores had a lot of adult clothing, collectables, and artwork. But...I remember back then there were a lot of people complaining that is was "too easy" to get merchandise/clothing at the Disney stores and because of this a souvenir from the parks was "not as special" because that used to be the only place you could get a Disney T-shirt, etc.. Maybe they took the complaining to heart:(

Well you can get Disney stuff at K-mart too. And you can only get things that say 'Walt Disney World' at WDW. So I don't understand that theory.

I complained to the cast at the local Disney Store here of all of these things too. I'll go and do the email thing now that I know it's there. How is it a good decision to kill an entire segment of your market? I'm 34 with no kids. The only thing I'm interested in at the stores now are the DVD's. And I can get them cheaper at Price Club. Nice way to shoot themselves in the foot.

I agree with whoever said that they thought these stores would close. I think they will too. I think they're doing a last ditch effort for Halloween and Christmas. I'd bet that they will all close sometime after January. Just like the Warner Bros. stores.

WHEE!! - My 100th post.

As long as we are talking about customer satisfaction, what about "quality" of merchandise. I have a Mickey T-shirt from 10 years ago that, other than showing some wear, is still in good shape. No tears at the neck or sleeves. HOWEVER, T-shirts or Polo shirts that I've bought in the past 2 years, the necks rip out or the sleeves, after one wearing. The toys break, the clothing doesn't hold up, the glassware fades.......what gives??!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter