Disney Springs Hotels (Holiday Inn, Doubletree and others) - How does Disney recognize EMH? Ticket Scan? Voucher?

ProfT

Earning My Ears
We are considering Hoiday Inn DS and Doubletree DS for a Christmas vacation. It seems for some non-Disney owned hotels, you have to present a voucher to indicate that you have EMH privileges. I saw this with Hilton Bonnet Creek where you have to visit someone in reception to pick up vouchers on a daily basis. I have been trying to find a definitive list for the Disney Springs hotels on EMH process but have not been able to find anything.

What is the process for DS hotels and EMH? Specifically, what is the process for Holiday Inn and Doubletree if the process varies from hotel to hotel. Does Disney recognize MDE linked hotel with linked admission tickets?
Any information would be helpful to me and I am sure others as well. Thank you.:thanks:

I've stayed at Wyndham an Hilton Palace, and both places were the same. Was given a voucher at checkin and said it was valid through check out date (and they wrote the date). I just flashed the voucher to the staff checking and they let me through, very simple process

We stay at DS hotels and its always been on our magic bands and we had no trouble entering EMH.

Thanks ousfeth24 and dizneefan13. It seems that both ticket (magic band) media scan and vouchers are being used. Perhaps varies by property or type of admission media or both. Either way, we'll get the EM hours benefits. Now to figure out how to wake up the family at 430 am if current EMH+ continues!

Thanks ousfeth24 and dizneefan13. It seems that both ticket (magic band) media scan and vouchers are being used. Perhaps varies by property or type of admission media or both. Either way, we'll get the EM hours benefits. Now to figure out how to wake up the family at 430 am if current EMH+ continues!

I'm pretty sure since I had the hotel linked on MDE it would have worked on the magicband, but it was quicker to just flash the voucher, literally didn't stop walking as I went by them.

I'm pretty sure since I had the hotel linked on MDE it would have worked on the magicband, but it was quicker to just flash the voucher, literally didn't stop walking as I went by them.
Good to know about the convenience of the vouchers. Thanks!

If you are staying at Holiday Inn Disney Springs for two nights, say arriving on a Thursday and have a 2-day Park Ticket would the voucher allow you to do EMH on Friday and Sunday even though we're not staying at the hotel Saturday night? I know you they give you what, 5 days to use your 2-day park ticket so I would hope the voucher was good for the same period the park tickets? Or do they only give you a 2-day EMH voucher starting at day after arrival? I would think that would be problematic as what if you are a local, you go to the park the day of hotel arrival, although that would require you to go to the hotel in the morning to get the voucher before you actually checked in, so maybe not?

Just as a follow up. I figured, just call the hotel. Essentially they said you can use the voucher while you are staying with them. So if you arrived on a Thursday and had Checkout on Saturday, You could use the voucher for EMH on Friday and Saturday. But not on Sunday. So the voucher doesn't follow the 5-day window of the ticket. I sort of expected this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter