Disney Springs Hotel Walking Distance 5 People

deerez

Mouseketeer
Hi we are coming in June and wondering what Disney Spring hotels can sleep 5 people and are within walking distance? Price wise nothing more than 200 a night. So hopefully no resort fees if possible. Thanks!

All the "Disney Springs" hotels are within walking distance. Most (if not all) of them do charge a resort fee, parking fee, etc but you can sometimes still get rates under $200 even factoring these costs in.

For example, my parents recently booked 4 nights at the B Resort for $517 total with a waived resort fee and an upgraded room.

I am pretty sure all of these hotels can accommodate 5 people - two people in each bed and one on a sofabed or cot. However, some of them may be more comfortable than others.

The Doubletree Suites is pretty popular on these boards, but I like the Holiday Inn as well. The newly renovated Hilton Buena Vista Palace looks nice but is on the more expensive side.

I would suggest checking out these two sites/pages:

Mousesavers Preferred Hotels page: https://www.mousesavers.com/walt-di.../disney-world-area-preferred-hotel-discounts/ - a few of the Disney Springs Hotels are on this list.

Disney Springs Resort Hotels site: http://disneyspringshotels.com/

Prices at non-Disney hotels can vary greatly. I've stayed at the Hilton Lake Buena Vista for $69 and seen the exact same room sold for $269 the following week. As such, it's hard to provide a recommendation without an actual date.

Six of the seven hotels have resort fees. (The DoubleTree Suites is the lone hold-out.) All of the hotels charge for parking. The links that mjhtvchick provided may have packages that waive one or both of those fees.

That said, it's too early to find much of a discount on the Disney Springs Hotels web page. They typically only offer a discount on the current and sometimes following season. They usually do have a Summer promotion, but it's too soon for that now.

Best Practice: If you find a hotel and rate you like, book it. As long as it's not non-refundable, continue checking prices periodically. You may find a better rate as your dates get closer.

Here's a quick run down on my thoughts on the hotels.

• DoubleTree Suites: My favorite based on dozens of stays over the past 5 years. All rooms are two room suites. Average restaurant but above average staff throughout the hotel. I've never had a major problem with any stay. Minor problems (broken TV remote, safe that won't open) were fixed with a single phone call. Furthest walk to Disney Springs but you can easily walk to "off-site" restaurants at the Crossroads Shopping area.
  • Holiday Inn Disney Springs: My second favorite. Standard sized hotel rooms, many with balconies. Great staff: I've had managers approach me in the lobby to ask if my stay was going well. I've never eaten there because it's close enough to use the Marketplace restaurants for dining.
  • Hilton Lake Buena Vista: I've stayed 50+ nights here and never had a problem-free stay. Some problems have been large, including being woken up by groundskeepers using leaf blowers prior to 7am (twice). More of a resort, with mutliple restaurants. They have a convention center so you might see business people. (That seems to bother some people.) Fantastic location. I will only return if the rate including resort fee is under $110. Any more than that is overpaying (for me).
  • Hilton Buena Vista Palace: This hotel is on my "do not return" list. I checked out after one night because the room was shockingly filthy. It was the dirtiest room I've seen in 25 years. The recent renovation of the public areas is top-notch. However, I don't believe the renovation included the hotel rooms. The location is top notch.
  • Wyndham Disney Springs: Never stayed. The Garden rooms are motel-style with external entry. Reportedly, they are tiny. The tower gets better reviews, but typically the price for those is much higher. (Note: Wyndham Hotels split this property into two hotels in their system. If booking direct, you will see these two options. The one with "Garden" in the title is the exterior entry rooms. No "Garden" is the tower. Both hotels share the same public areas like pool, restaurants, etc.)
  • B Resort and Spa: Never stayed under this name. Gets above-average reviews. Some rooms have extra bedding (like bunk beds) which may be helpful with 5 people.
  • Best Western Disney Springs: Never stayed. Gets average reviews. Occasionally, the rates are very cheap. Great location for walking to "off-site" restaurants at the Crossroads Shopping area.

If you want more opinions, scroll through the first couple of pages in this forum or try to search for the hotel names.

Prices at non-Disney hotels can vary greatly. I've stayed at the Hilton Lake Buena Vista for $69 and seen the exact same room sold for $269 the following week. As such, it's hard to provide a recommendation without an actual date.

Six of the seven hotels have resort fees. (The DoubleTree Suites is the lone hold-out.) All of the hotels charge for parking. The links that mjhtvchick provided may have packages that waive one or both of those fees.

That said, it's too early to find much of a discount on the Disney Springs Hotels web page. They typically only offer a discount on the current and sometimes following season. They usually do have a Summer promotion, but it's too soon for that now.

Best Practice: If you find a hotel and rate you like, book it. As long as it's not non-refundable, continue checking prices periodically. You may find a better rate as your dates get closer.

Here's a quick run down on my thoughts on the hotels.

• DoubleTree Suites: My favorite based on dozens of stays over the past 5 years. All rooms are two room suites. Average restaurant but above average staff throughout the hotel. I've never had a major problem with any stay. Minor problems (broken TV remote, safe that won't open) were fixed with a single phone call. Furthest walk to Disney Springs but you can easily walk to "off-site" restaurants at the Crossroads Shopping area.
  • Holiday Inn Disney Springs: My second favorite. Standard sized hotel rooms, many with balconies. Great staff: I've had managers approach me in the lobby to ask if my stay was going well. I've never eaten there because it's close enough to use the Marketplace restaurants for dining.
  • Hilton Lake Buena Vista: I've stayed 50+ nights here and never had a problem-free stay. Some problems have been large, including being woken up by groundskeepers using leaf blowers prior to 7am (twice). More of a resort, with mutliple restaurants. They have a convention center so you might see business people. (That seems to bother some people.) Fantastic location. I will only return if the rate including resort fee is under $110. Any more than that is overpaying (for me).
  • Hilton Buena Vista Palace: This hotel is on my "do not return" list. I checked out after one night because the room was shockingly filthy. It was the dirtiest room I've seen in 25 years. The recent renovation of the public areas is top-notch. However, I don't believe the renovation included the hotel rooms. The location is top notch.
  • Wyndham Disney Springs: Never stayed. The Garden rooms are motel-style with external entry. Reportedly, they are tiny. The tower gets better reviews, but typically the price for those is much higher. (Note: Wyndham Hotels split this property into two hotels in their system. If booking direct, you will see these two options. The one with "Garden" in the title is the exterior entry rooms. No "Garden" is the tower. Both hotels share the same public areas like pool, restaurants, etc.)
  • B Resort and Spa: Never stayed under this name. Gets above-average reviews. Some rooms have extra bedding (like bunk beds) which may be helpful with 5 people.
  • Best Western Disney Springs: Never stayed. Gets average reviews. Occasionally, the rates are very cheap. Great location for walking to "off-site" restaurants at the Crossroads Shopping area.

If you want more opinions, scroll through the first couple of pages in this forum or try to search for the hotel names.

Thanks everyone it is June 14th as the starting date, we have stayed in Port Orleans riverside in the past and French Quarter when our youngest was a baby, but those are getting too cramped for everyone. I will look into these

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter