Disney Springs - help needed with hotels

Hello! I need some.help with picking a hotel for our Christmas trip. We'll be in Florida from December 8-23, spending from the 8-17 at Disney and then heading to Florida Keys (90,% settled on that location) for the remainder before heading home.

I wanted to stay on property but I've been looking into the DS hotels to save some money. We're planning on splurging for the beach hotel later in the trip so I had to find some savings and it definitely won't be from the food and shopping budget. It's my husband, myself and daughter (she'll turn 11 on the trip).

Here's what I am going to pick from so far, all include taxes and fees along with 7 day park tickets:

B Resort $4262 this one has a bunk bed which is cool.
Drury $3701 free breakfast and snacks
Hilton Palace $4381 this one is my favorite because it has a lazy river and nice pool complex
Wyndham LBV $4175 is this the closest to Disney Springs?

I've scoured the threads and based on feedback here is how I came up with this list. We could stay at Port Orleans for $5585 but saving over $1000 seems worth it to stay by DS. We really enjoyed DS on our last trip and wanted to spend more time there.

We are getting the one park per day and will take time out each day to go back to the hotel, we do this on all of our Disneyland vacations and did it on our last DW trip as well. We almost exclusively use Ubers to get to and from the parks. We definitely don't rope drop except for maybe one or two days if we wake up in time.

Any feedback is much appreciated!
Palace is so nice...close walk to Springs (stay in Island building) but Drury is new and has free food...tho the walk is longer.

Palace is so nice...close walk to Springs (stay in Island building) but Drury is new and has free food...tho the walk is longer.
Agreed. When we stayed at the Hilton Buena Vista Palace we just crossed the street and we were at DS. When we stayed at Drury 2 weeks ago, we timed it and it took us 15 minutes to walk there. Granted my youngest is 6 and his little legs can’t get up with mine but we talked and laughed during the walk so it didn’t really seem like 15 minutes. Plus it’s a straight shot and heavy traffic doesn’t affect you.

We are staying at Drury the end of October. There was a walk (not narrated) on YouTube from DS to the hotels along there and this person was just strolling and I would say it was about 15 minutes from the pedestrian bridge at DS to the Drury. It looks like a fairly pleasant walk. We have stayed at Drury Inns all along I-75 and plan to stay again on our drive down and back. We can't say enough good things about them. They are run extremely well and the "kickback" at 5:30pm is sufficient enough for a meal which saves us a TON of $ on the road (plus 3 adult beverages per guest per night? It's a steal!). We're not sure if we'll take advantage of that all of the nights we are at Disney and they do only have about 3 meals they rotate through the week plus every night standards of baked potatoes, nachos and cheese sauce, salsa and all the fixings plus hot dogs. But between the service, the breakfast and the kickback you really can't go wrong with a Drury. Highly recommended!

Agreed. When we stayed at the Hilton Buena Vista Palace we just crossed the street and we were at DS. When we stayed at Drury 2 weeks ago, we timed it and it took us 15 minutes to walk there. Granted my youngest is 6 and his little legs can’t get up with mine but we talked and laughed during the walk so it didn’t really seem like 15 minutes. Plus it’s a straight shot and heavy traffic doesn’t affect you.
Yeah- I think the walk would be fine,as long as it's not the height of summer at noon! And the free food and drink is very interesting! I like the Springs hotels in general anyway

Hello! I need some.help with picking a hotel for our Christmas trip. We'll be in Florida from December 8-23, spending from the 8-17 at Disney and then heading to Florida Keys (90,% settled on that location) for the remainder before heading home.

I wanted to stay on property but I've been looking into the DS hotels to save some money. We're planning on splurging for the beach hotel later in the trip so I had to find some savings and it definitely won't be from the food and shopping budget. It's my husband, myself and daughter (she'll turn 11 on the trip).

Here's what I am going to pick from so far, all include taxes and fees along with 7 day park tickets:

B Resort $4262 this one has a bunk bed which is cool.
Drury $3701 free breakfast and snacks
Hilton Palace $4381 this one is my favorite because it has a lazy river and nice pool complex
Wyndham LBV $4175 is this the closest to Disney Springs?

I've scoured the threads and based on feedback here is how I came up with this list. We could stay at Port Orleans for $5585 but saving over $1000 seems worth it to stay by DS. We really enjoyed DS on our last trip and wanted to spend more time there.

We are getting the one park per day and will take time out each day to go back to the hotel, we do this on all of our Disneyland vacations and did it on our last DW trip as well. We almost exclusively use Ubers to get to and from the parks. We definitely don't rope drop except for maybe one or two days if we wake up in time.

Any feedback is much appreciated!
The Holiday Inn at Disney Springs is really affordable and gives you the early entrance perk (like proper WDW resorts). If you get a free IHG rewards account you can earn points to get a free night in the future. Pricing for your travel dates are about $275/night max (total w fees was $3,122). They have Disney fireworks view rooms, too, with small terraces. The breakfast isn't complimentary but kids eat free with a paying adult.

The Holiday Inn at Disney Springs is really affordable and gives you the early entrance perk (like proper WDW resorts). If you get a free IHG rewards account you can earn points to get a free night in the future. Pricing for your travel dates are about $275/night max (total w fees was $3,122). They have Disney fireworks view rooms, too, with small terraces. The breakfast isn't complimentary but kids eat free with a paying adult.
Is that with 7 day park tickets? for 3.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter