Disney Springs - help needed with hotels

kikismom

DIS Veteran
Hello! I need some.help with picking a hotel for our Christmas trip. We'll be in Florida from December 8-23, spending from the 8-17 at Disney and then heading to Florida Keys (90,% settled on that location) for the remainder before heading home.

I wanted to stay on property but I've been looking into the DS hotels to save some money. We're planning on splurging for the beach hotel later in the trip so I had to find some savings and it definitely won't be from the food and shopping budget. It's my husband, myself and daughter (she'll turn 11 on the trip).

Here's what I am going to pick from so far, all include taxes and fees along with 7 day park tickets:

B Resort $4262 this one has a bunk bed which is cool.
Drury $3701 free breakfast and snacks
Hilton Palace $4381 this one is my favorite because it has a lazy river and nice pool complex
Wyndham LBV $4175 is this the closest to Disney Springs?

I've scoured the threads and based on feedback here is how I came up with this list. We could stay at Port Orleans for $5585 but saving over $1000 seems worth it to stay by DS. We really enjoyed DS on our last trip and wanted to spend more time there.

We are getting the one park per day and will take time out each day to go back to the hotel, we do this on all of our Disneyland vacations and did it on our last DW trip as well. We almost exclusively use Ubers to get to and from the parks. We definitely don't rope drop except for maybe one or two days if we wake up in time.

Any feedback is much appreciated!

You could get a standard room at Pop w 7 day tickets for 4700. That’s rack rate on the room but there could be discounts released later in the year for late 2023.

Drury gives you more than snacks. Definitely can make a meal of their 530 kick back spread . The menu would get a little repetitive for the whole week but would be good for a couple of days. Plus each person gets 3 alcoholic drinks (beer, wine, basic cocktails) per night during it.

Make sure you are adding in the resort fees and parking if needed for the off site hotels. We make a reservation on Priceline for our arrival night at whatever hotel gives the best price between the DS hotels and staying on property. The prices for the DS hotels look great until you add in the resort and parking fees and then the DS hotels become more expensive than some of the Disney hotels.

For about $4800 you could rent DVC and stay at Saratoga in a 1 br. Maybe cheaper if you rent points directly from a member and not an agency. Lots of room and walking distance to DS.

Otherwise, I'd prob pick Drury.

Here's what I am going to pick from so far, all include taxes and fees along with 7 day park tickets:

B Resort $4262 this one has a bunk bed which is cool.
Drury $3701 free breakfast and snacks
Hilton Palace $4381 this one is my favorite because it has a lazy river and nice pool complex
Wyndham LBV $4175 is this the closest to Disney Springs?
B Resort - we have had good stays there but I've not stayed in years and closely read any reviews, they don't seem as good as they were. Big rooms, and a pool side room with your own patio is sweet!

Drury - BRAND NEW everything, breakfast, evening reception, no resort fee ... this would be my pick! The money saved at Drury could get water park option added to your tickets. Give you more fun for the length of your stay.

Hilton Palace - stayed a few times, nice enough, could be long trek to pool but the pool amenity is top notch!

Wyndham - hands down a no from me. Renovated since I stayed but the rooms haven't gotten any bigger. We could barely stay a few nights, for your length it wouldn't even be a consideration. Palace, Hilton and Wyndham all about equally as far from DS. Location at DS wouldn't factor for me.

Last edited:
Stayed at the palace several times. Holiday Inn once. I’d go with the palace very close proximity to DS. Also since you plan on using Uber (my choice as well from the palace) you eliminate the transportation issue.

Make sure you are adding in the resort fees and parking if needed for the off site hotels. We make a reservation on Priceline for our arrival night at whatever hotel gives the best price between the DS hotels and staying on property. The prices for the DS hotels look great until you add in the resort and parking fees and then the DS hotels become more expensive than some of the Disney hotels.
I made sure of that. I saw that warning on Facebook and factored those in.
You can get additional input on the Orlando Hotels and Attractions board too.
Thank you! That's why I was struggling to find the info on this forum!
For about $4800 you could rent DVC and stay at Saratoga in a 1 br. Maybe cheaper if you rent points directly from a member and not an agency. Lots of room and walking distance to DS.

Otherwise, I'd prob pick Drury.
Does that include the tickets too? If so that is a great price. I'd have to go through an agency because we don't know anyone with DVC.

B Resort - we have had good stays there but I've not stayed in years and closely read any reviews, they don't seem as good as they were. Big rooms, and a pool side room with your own patio is sweet!

Drury - BRAND NEW everything, breakfast, evening reception, no resort fee ... this would be my pick! The money saved at Drury could get water park option added to your tickets. Give you more fun for the length of your stay.

Hilton Palace - stayed a few times, nice enough, could be long trek to pool but the pool amenity is top notch!

Wyndham - hands down a no from me. Renovated since I stayed but the rooms haven't gotten any bigger. We could barely stay a few nights, for your length it wouldn't even be a consideration. Palace, Hilton and Wyndham all about equally as far from DS. Location at DS wouldn't factor for me.
So the Drury is that good? It looks really nice and it's definitely on the short list. We would definitely utilize the breakfast but probably not the evening reception. Breakfast savings alone for 8 days would be huge.

I'm glad you said that about the Wyndham, I hadn't looked at the room size.

The pool at the Hilton is definitely calling me. We swim daily so a good pool is a must. We stayed at Gaylord Palms last trip when my husband had a conference there, the pool area was well utilized by us and was epic.

We just stayed at Drury 2 weeks ago and it was really nice. Everything was new and clean and the lack of resort fees really helped.

Their pool isn’t one of the biggest that I’ve seen but it was still nice and there was a splashpad. All of the food is on the 2nd floor. The kids really loved running downstairs for breakfast or to grab popcorn during our downtime. The on site Pizza Hut was closed the entire time we were there but we didn’t really mind.

The only issue was the shuttles. We went to After Hours and there was no shuttle. The shuttle to HS stopped talking people there at 4:30 whereas After Hours started to let you in at 7 so we ended up having to take a Lyft. I checked the bus schedule and the bus does do pick ups late but it’s not good for anyone who wants to rest and come back to the park later in the afternoon as there weren’t any late drop off times. But that could just be when we went and that schedule could change soon.

I have read terrible reviews of B resort lately. I would caution you about that. I have only seen positive reviews of Drury. That is the offsite hotel I would use. I have never paid attention to the others. So Idk about them.

So the Drury is that good? It looks really nice and it's definitely on the short list. We would definitely utilize the breakfast but probably not the evening reception. Breakfast savings alone for 8 days would be huge.

I'm glad you said that about the Wyndham, I hadn't looked at the room size.

The pool at the Hilton is definitely calling me. We swim daily so a good pool is a must. We stayed at Gaylord Palms last trip when my husband had a conference there, the pool area was well utilized by us and was epic.
I have not stayed but it has glowing reviews and everything is new. MUCH newer than the rest.

The Disney Springs hotels are OLD, like several opened in 1972. Most have changed brands many times but unfortunately most have not had many renovations or major upgrades (as in pools). I have stayed at HBVP, Hilton, Doubletree, Wyndham, B Resort, multiple times. I never stayed at Best Western (Drury) even though I wanted to try it, especially as it seems the rooms are big. But BW never wanted to invest in it but wanted to charge top prices plus the fees. Holiday Inn never was in my budget when I looked, and now that we are years out from a renovation I wouldn't stay anyway. It was severely damaged in a hurricane and then sat for years.

My biggest issue with the hotels is that most have no incentive to keep their rooms renovated, to upgrade common areas such as pools and the excessive fees that bring the value down. Add that since COVID the DS bus system has not returned and each hotel offers what they want. The plus is walking distance to Disney Springs if that is part of one's trip. Their location and proximity sell them so investments haven't happened. Hilton hasn't renovated rooms since I first stayed 17 years ago.

Reminder that Hilton, B Resort, Holiday Inn and Doubletree all back up to I-4 and pool time will include traffic noise. Holiday Inn has the buffer of the building but pool faces Plaza Blvd. HBVP, Wyndham and Drury all back up to a lake and have quiet open space with their pool areas. If you are going to spend lots of pool and relax time I would factor this in. HBVP has the best pool hands down, it is also the biggest hotel with the most walking, room to pool.

I think the decision comes down to not just price but freshness & size of room, hotel's modernization, pool & amenities, dining options (and if any free), ability to relax and rest etc. Right now Drury is on top for most those things including the hotel is overall brand new.

Last edited:
Just reiterating this. We stayed at Hilton palace earlier this year and fees/taxes were about $75/night over the advertised rate (which was about $250). That’s without a car. Definitely puts moderates into play when making plans.

We didn’t use the pool complex but it’s huge and appeared to be well maintained.

It was just DW and I and we wanted a decent room and to be walking distance to DS so it hit the mark in those regards.

Is this for this year or next year? If it is still for this year, then I'm more concerned for you that you haven't booked your hotel in the Keys yet for the 17-23 of December....

Make sure your comparson includes parking and resort fees. I'd skip any pre-paid hotel deals.

One of the Hiltons is as close DS as the Wyndham. I believe either can use the pool.
WYNDHAM is really 2 resorts. The tower rooms are OK. The garden rooms get horrible reviews

Is this for this year or next year? If it is still for this year, then I'm more concerned for you that you haven't booked your hotel in the Keys yet for the 17-23 of December....

I may be missing something but we are seeing tons of hotels left in the Keys. Our budget for that hotel is much higher than for DW because I promised my husband that portion of the trip.

Another vote for the Drury. :)
I think we're going to go with the Drury based on this thread. Even though it doesn't have a big pool complex, the bigger rooms how new it is are winning out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter