Disney Springs dining?

tinkerbellybutton

DIS Veteran
Seems there are so many new dining establishments in Disney Springs that I don't even know where to start! We will be arriving early morning and plan to stop by Disney Springs before going to our resort. The plan is to activate our military tickets, do a little shopping, and have lunch before we head to our hotel.

Of all the new places that have opened over the past few years the only place we have tried so far is The Boathouse. We love it, but have dined there twice already and would like to try something new.

Any suggestions? Places you have tried and loved? Places to avoid? It will be myself and 3 teens, 18, 18, 16.

Avoid Frontera Cucina unless you are traveling with children who have a limited knowledge of how Mexican/Caribbean food should be seasoned.
Mostly bland cookery and a disservice to Mr. Bayless' reputation IMO. Oh but great looking drinks and a nicely decorated space.

Errrrr.... I could make a meal at Sprinkle's but that derned willpower keeps getting in my way..most of the time;).
How about Morimoto Asia, Pizza Ponte or Raglan Road for a tryo?
We wuvvvvv Boathouse!

I haven't been to Downtown Disney/Disney Springs in 7.5 years. Everything seems new to me. We have been talking about Boathouse, The Edison, STK Orlando, Paddlefish and Morimoto Asia and printed off each menu from AllEars. We then looked at each one for items we would enjoy that we could not get at the in park restaurants or Universal restaurants we had selected. We also looked at atmosphere and unique beverage options. We eliminated Morimoto and STK Orlando. So we now have our three. Our priority was seafood. The Edison is more casual and we selected it for a more casual night.

I had lunch at Bongos a few years ago, it seemed pretty decent.

Raglan Road is on my list for this year

We enjoyed Raglan Raod, more fun later in the afternoon when the band and dancers are there.
Polite Pig was also good.
Have not been to Edison, Maria and Enzos, Boathouse or Homecomin, but they are on our to do list.

I have been to Homecomin' and it was REALLY good. Definitely heavy food, but super delicious. I can't speak for any other dining locations in the Springs, but I highly recommend Homecomin'.

If you are there early enough for breakfast.....although not new, Wolfgang Puck Express is a GREAT option!

Morimoto Asia is good to excellent depending on the dish. Most of the more casual QS locations would be fine, I suspect. Homecomin' is okay. Paddlefish I'd avoid.

We're trying a few of the new ones this summer.

The Edison (Deviled Eggs)

Enzo's Hideaway (Had me at "Charcuterie Platter)
Homecomin ( Deviled Eggs, again and Fried Chicken :yay:)

CS: Blaze pizza, D-luxe burger, and Polite Pig are all very good. I also want to try the Poutine place, the crepe place and B.B. Wolfe sausage.

For TS Homecomin’ is very good, but it’s not special to me as pimento cheese, deviled eggs and fried chicken are easily attainable at home for far less money. We enjoyed Boathouse.

Morimoto Asia is good to excellent depending on the dish. Most of the more casual QS locations would be fine, I suspect. Homecomin' is okay. Paddlefish I'd avoid.

Agree with all of this except I personally avoid Blaze Pizza, I know a lot of people like it but it is pretty mediocre pizza that is available in many locations around the U.S., there are much better options at DS. Lots of people also seem to really like Homecomin' we had the hush puppies and fried chicken and it was just OK, not some place we would return except for drinks as those were really good.

Agree with all of this except I personally avoid Blaze Pizza, I know a lot of people like it but it is pretty mediocre pizza that is available in many locations around the U.S., there are much better options at DS. Lots of people also seem to really like Homecomin' we had the hush puppies and fried chicken and it was just OK, not some place we would return except for drinks as those were really good.
Somewhere out there are posts I wrote lauding Blaze pizza but I was actually confusing it with Pizza Ponte. The man and kiddo ate (I wasn't hungry) at Pizza Ponte during our Christmas trip and felt the restaurant offered credible Sicilian slices. We now are considering PP over VN after hanging out at one of the water parks.
I've little interest in Homecoming only because I still remember my Nana's Southern food meals and don't want the memories muddied.

Another vote for Homecomin' if you want hearty (read: heavy) comfort food. Nothing fancy or complex, but just well made classics.
Raglan Road has the best fish n' chips (some Epcot fans might disagree) and chicken n chips on property, and if you want fast service, next door's Cookes of Dublin serves up from the same kitchen. Really nice crunch and tender inside.
Polite Pig has decent BBQ fare for quick service.
Boathouse serves a decent crabcake and fresh seafood for pretty high prices. I would do this again.

My hubby & I really enjoyed our lunch at D-Luxe Burger, and are looking forward to eating there again. We've done Bongo's twice... won't be back. The first time was really good, but the last time took 2.5 hours (!!!!) and our food was barely edible. There are too many other great options to give them another chance just yet. Boathouse is delish, as you know. I would suggest Raglan Road but it's more fun in the evening when they have the dancers and entertainment' I don't know, but I'm guessing they don't do that during the day. However, the food is still excellent!

OP here, just wanted to add that it doesn't have to be Table Service. It can be, but doesn't have to be.
Another QS restaurant possibility is Earl of Sandwich. We grabbed various sandwiches from there for our plane ride back home and it's unfortunate that most of the food was left on the Magical whatever bus. The one sandwich that was eaten before the loss (a Caprese) was yummy.

We stumbled upon Splitsville this week. It was really good food, my girls laughed that a bowling alley had such good food!
We also really enjoy the quick service behind Ragland. Cookes? Cute little bar to sit at. Fish and chips are so good!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter