Disney Springs Dining Advice

JohnNewt

Earning My Ears
Booked and currently planning a trip for September ‘19. Will be traveling with my girlfriends family (brother, sister, brother in-law and two young children 2&3).I’m thinking most nights will be us 3 (me, gf, and brother) and most likely spent in Disney Springs so I’m looking for recommendations or experiences at restaurants there. Currently I’m planning one night at Homecomin’ and one night at The Edison. Would you avoid either? Would you have a better suggestion? Or would you add something to them? I open to all ideas wether they be reservation necessary restaurants or bars with finger foods. We will be there 7 nights and like I said most nights will be 3 under 30 adults in Disney Springs. Thanks!

Homecomin' is good. I haven't been to the Edison. Ragland Road is good food and good live entertainment. We also like the Boathouse. Sitting outside on a nice evening is great, and they have a lot of interesting boats to look at.

I would choose Raglan Road over the Edison. Food at the Edison is good but ordinary. The service can be slow. But, at night, the vibe is more modern than Raglan Road.

The post 10pm vibe of The Edison was kinda what swayed me. Nice clothes, live band, dance floor, burlesque show. Seemed something we would enjoy. Maybe Raglan Road dinner then Edison for drinks is a better plan. Thanks!

Also... if your plans aren't solid, check OpenTable for making your reservation. If your plans change last-minute, you can avoid Disney's cancellation fee.

I would consider Wine Bar George as a strong contender. We ate there New Year's Eve and it didn't disappoint. Mostly our food came from a special menu for the evening: sauteed duck foie gras with a fig(?) reduction and caviar with toast (was on a fish egg binge that trip; what can I say? first childless vac in a bit over a decade and we just wanted to eat and drink what we wanted with no other considerations) and a lovely glass of Etoile NV champagne.

Made a point of ordering off the regular menu as well so we shared the family style dish of whole fish. Asked for and received a substitution of sauteed asparagus as our seasonal vegetable. Not sure what the original veggie was but we were happy and that's alllllll that matter. The fish was succulent and nicely seasoned, the cannelloni beans side bursting with flavour (but not overcooked) while the asparagus was good enough to "fight" over the last piece (I won by saying: "Look out the window, baby!). Shared the olive cake for dessert which was a bit more "fancied" then the versions I had in Barcelona but still tasty.

We'll be back most assuredly and even bring kiddos.

Another trip we also enjoyed our DIY brunch when Morimoto Asia opened around 11:00 AM. Went with the children and had a fine time picking through the menu to have a meal before whatever fresh Hades the airport had in store for us on departure day. The Singapore soup, Peking duck, an order of ribs and some type of dumplings was a good help. I have to admit I've had better Peking duck in NYC's Chinatowns but the essence of the dish was there. We also enjoyed some of the offerings at the QS version of Morimoto.

I had reservations about eating at Paddlefish but found it a place to return. We over ordered on the food end...one order of the boil was enough to feed 2-3 people with appetizers as well. Ordered the boil with crab legs, mussels and clams and spent an inordinate amt of time opening the crab legs for the 2 of us; the man thinks all the implements they give you are useful whilst I just eye the joints and have at it. He was happy to allow me to pull large pieces of meat out of the shell but it made me tired after awhile and my food was cold, LOL. For apps we had corn dog lobster and fried green tomatoes. Contrary, to my expectations the corn dogs weren't that special. Maybe I just like lobby with minimal prep. The man enjoyed his green tomatoes.

The Boathouse seems to be a local gathering spot depending on what dining area you eat at. The bars were very lively with a mix of vacationers and locals. Probably, Disney guests, spend more time in the main dining rooms. Good eats here for sure.

We like the three Mario and Enzo's eateries for several reasons. The pizza at the QS place makes the kids happy and makes a good place to stop after visiting the water parks. The Hideway grabbed our attention with the Sunday Supper and maybe this upcoming trip we'll let DGD get her Italian "pasta fix" at the Ristorante; still up in the air.

We ate twice at Raglan's last trip; once in the patio and once indoors. Did walk-ups successfully for lunch during the December holidays. Wuvved the Smokey City; it can make a light lunch for two with ease. Didn't think the battered monkfish was worth the time although the fried zucchini side was delish. The fish and chips are better and less expensive at the Epcot QS, Yorkshire County, but neither of us turned the RR version away in disgust, LOL. The drunk mussels were on the top of their game.

Nice drinks and pizza at WP's newly opened Grille.

Neither the Edison or Homecomin' afford much interest to me for a variety of reasons so we haven't eaten at either venues and thus I've no opinion.

Almost all restaurants at DS offer reservations at opentable even when MDE said they were closed out so when needed that's where we made them.

I recommend Raglan Road and House of Blues. Both have excellent food, outdoor seating areas, good service and live entertainment.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter