Disney Spings?

kitkat4622

DIS Veteran
so we went to DS this past April while on vacation and our other 2 trips. We mostly went for T Rex and Quest. Now that Quest is gone I have no desire to visit DS. I am not a shopper, not a drinker and will have my 18 year old grandson with me. I would almost always book an ADR for T Rex but this upcoming trip in April 2018 I have no desire to go to DS. Is there anyone else that feels the same way. I do love World of Disney but can almost always find what I need inside stores inside the parks. It just does not seem to be calling me to visit there...LOL....oh and now that the busses are so far from the Marketplace it makes it less inviting.

If either of you like Star Wars there will be a new virtual reality experience that opens in December.

The buses are not far from the Marketplace, they are in the Marketplace so I'm not sure what you mean. They are closer to it now than they were before.

But we are not fans of DS either. DH wants to go eat in December but most trips we skip it. I don't go to Disney to shop so the shopping portion of DS has no appeal to me at all. Some trips we have gone to a movie over there. They do have a very nice theater.

The buses are not far from the Marketplace, they are in the Marketplace so I'm not sure what you mean. They are closer to it now than they were before.

The buses are away from the Marketplace now. More central, but closer to the West side.

The buses are away from the Marketplace now. More central, but closer to the West side.
I don't view it that way at all. I find them smack dab in the middle but still in the Marketplace. I think the old bus stops are a much further walk to the stores (except the stores there on the very end by Rainforest Cafe, etc)

The Movie Theaters, which are in the West Side, are a long walk from the Bus stop

I'm right there with ya! I don't shop or drink, but Star wars could get me there in a hurry! LOL!

I understand why a lot of people don't care for DS. If I wasn't a shopper I doubt I would want to spend much time there. My DH and do really enjoy many of the restaurants there and we find that a DS day is much more relaxing for us than a theme park day. So we tend to schedule a DS day into our itinerary when we want a "down" day to relax. We are building a house nearby and are actually most excited for DS as a normal shopping and dining destination when we move there. Shopping and WDW combined is actually Heaven for me!

I don't view it that way at all. I find them smack dab in the middle but still in the Marketplace. I think the old bus stops are a much further walk to the stores (except the stores there on the very end by Rainforest Cafe, etc)

The Movie Theaters, which are in the West Side, are a long walk from the Bus stop

The new DW bus loop is located near the town centre section, in between the orange and lime garage, not a far walk from the theatre at all, right by the world of coke.

The new DW bus loop is located near the town centre section, in between the orange and lime garage, not a far walk from the theatre at all, right by the world of coke.
I've used it many times. I just don't quite agree with the assessment that it's a worse location for shopping than the old bus stop was. And it was still a trek from the theaters.

Sounds like it's a miss for OP. DW & I enjoy it because of the Disney shops, and there are a couple of restaurants that we sometimes enjoy. We don't usually spend more than a couple of hours there. We have zero interest in the designer shops & boutiques. OK...maybe Sprinkles;)

I've used it many times. I just don't quite agree with the assessment that it's a worse location for shopping than the old bus stop was. And it was still a trek from the theaters.
I'm not saying it's a worse location for shopping, only that the new bus stop is further away from the Marketplace shopping. Which is what the OP was commenting on.

If you don't want to go then don't.
Personally I mainly go for EOS and World of Disney.
It changing from DTD to DS really hasn't changed what I do and don't do there so for me its still a must do.

Downtown Disney used to warrant at least a couple of visits during our relatively short trips to WDW which were just under a week. Always loved to hit the World of Disney and Xmas shops. There were few other shops we liked to check out as well. We used an evening trip to DtD like other folks use a mid-day break to relax, shop a bit, have a nice meal somewhere and Ghiradelli's for dessert.

As a quick-service, restaurant, dessert or night-life destination - it's even better now.

With DS, it's as if the more buildings they add the less I like going there. It used to have a nice layout that was simple to walk around and see everything, but now I can get lost there with the buildings seemingly taller and all the added side streets and walkways. And of course, some old favorites are no longer there - Fulton's for one. And it's more crowded now - I'm not sure if it's because some open space was used for more shops, or it's just that much more a draw now. With all this combined, I find it that it's not as relaxing an experience as in the past.

Now we only plan going to DS on travel days where we weren't planning to hit any parks. I can't see sacrificing park time going there unless I had a specific ADR or was meeting someone who happened to be in the area but was not going to WDW. It's still a must go-to place, but we just don't spend nearly as much time there anymore.

so we went to DS this past April while on vacation and our other 2 trips. We mostly went for T Rex and Quest. Now that Quest is gone I have no desire to visit DS. I am not a shopper, not a drinker and will have my 18 year old grandson with me. I would almost always book an ADR for T Rex but this upcoming trip in April 2018 I have no desire to go to DS. Is there anyone else that feels the same way. I do love World of Disney but can almost always find what I need inside stores inside the parks. It just does not seem to be calling me to visit there...LOL....oh and now that the busses are so far from the Marketplace it makes it less inviting.

We absolutely love the new DS.

We aren't doing Disney Parks this trip in December, it's A Universal vacation this time.

But we are staying 3 nights at Bonnet Creek to start the trip specifically to spend 2 full days at DS before 10 days at RPR at Universal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter