• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Shareholder Benefits

mikelan6

World Traveler, Usually Optimistic
As a long time shareholder in The Walt Disney Company, I remember the company offering benefits to it's "owners." I remember complimentary and later discounted membership to the Magic Kingdom Club.

Shareholders to Euro Disney SCA are offered benefits and perks. Shareholders to Carnival Corp and Royal Caribbean are offered on-board credits with a minimum of shares.

Currently, Disney offers no such benefits or recognition to shareholders - not even discounts to D23.

I wrote Disney a letter regarding this and am hoping for a positive reply from them, but I doubt it.

What are your thoughts?

Well since we only own 1 share, I'm not too concerned about it, lol. But ticket discounts would be nice.

Well since we only own 1 share, I'm not too concerned about it, lol. But ticket discounts would be nice.

They could say that to get any benefits, you need to own a minimum number of shares. That would be an incentive for you to buy more shares. :goodvibes

What are your thoughts?

too many shareholders...the benefits cost more to manage than they are worth. i doubt they have forgotten why they shut the program down in the first place.

also, people don't "buy and hold" as they used to. maybe they would offer something to those who had signed up for the DRIP program for more than a year or 2, but why offer something to someone who had only been a shareholder for a week or 2?

but the big key is that there is no need for them to do it. they already have plenty of people coming to the parks...they have already been cutting incentives to come.

best of luck, but i think those days are long gone...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter