Disney Scrapbook Question???

LSUmom4kids

LSU Graduate and Mother to 4 Kids!
I would like to make a scrapbook of our upcoming WDW vacation and see that Joann.com has a kit:

http://www.joann.com/catalog.jhtml?CATID=95018&PRODID=136731

The description is not very clear; in particular, I'd like to know how many scrapbook pages come in this scrapbook - just the plain pages connected to the actual hard cover? I know that I can decorate the pages by using stickers and other printed papers, but I don't know what I have to start with.

Does anyone know? I don't have a Joann store close by to physically check and I may be able to take advantage of a coupon or free shipping.

QUESTION for experienced scrapbookers: Does this scrapbook look too little (8" x 8") to use for our first WDW vacation? I know I'll have lots of pictures!

Thanks!

You might want to post your question on the scrapbook forum...hopefully someone will be able to answer your question.

an 8x8 would NEVER hold all of my photos, I need a 12x12 and extra refills! Also, just a heads up about this particular album, it does get scuffed and scratched fairly easily if you look through it a lot. You might check out www.mousememories.com or www.scrapyourtrip.com for some other options.

Usually, an album like this comes with clear plastic page protectors that are held in with posts/screws. These unscrew so you can add extensions to the posts and more protectors (usually sold together). There is usually some kind of paper in the protector, but I pull it and use something else. There are also 3 ring binder albums and something called a strap hinge, but I don't care for that kind...the metal "staples" that hold the page can fail and they aren't as easy to adjust pages if you make a mistake or need to move something around. I've also not found protectors for strap hinge albums that can hold up to my family's album looking.

Good luck...it's a fun hobby and a great way to tell your story!

Okay I did a litlte search on joann and pulled up that album it has 10 side loading page protecters so that would make 20 pages. It also has spine extenders so you can buy refills to extend it.

According to the kit description it includes just 4 sheets of 12X12 paper which means in order to get them in the album you are going to need to trim them down to 8 inches.

It looks like it includes two sheets of stickers one is disney theme park word phrases (joann sells two different ones so I don't know which one is included) and a sheet of white adhesive mickey icons which are the head.

Personlly I need to scrap 12x12 to give me enough room for my pictures and stuff. Also you will probably find more paper options if you scrap 12x12 unless you want to trim everything down.

Have fun!

I bought this same one at Wal-Mart. I got extra paper then, too. The sales lady let me know that the paper I got came in the same time the scrap books did, so they kinda went together.

This will be my first scrap book project. I am not the creative type at all. It should prove to be interesting.

I moved this over to the scrapbooking forum. :)

I personally like 8x8 albums as it doesn't take a lot of work or creativity.

8x8 books are great for beginner scrapbookers, but if you will have to leave a lot of photos out. I have found I take a lot of pictures but only try to use the very best ones in the albums. It's a very cute album: good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter