Disney Sci-fi Fans...Get ready!!

agame2323

DIS Veteran
It’s been said that “reality is for people who lack imagination.” We all know this does NOT apply to Disney. Walt Disney showed us time and time again that creativity has no limits.

I mentioned in a previous post that a Disney insider informed me about the possibility of the movie Tron being re-made. Some took me serious. Some did not. Either way, Tron is real http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1IpPpB3iWI Since that previous post, I have been receiving a few request regarding updates. Unfortunately, there wasn’t anything to report. Until now.

Please understand because it is early in the process very little of what I am stating is concrete. One thing I can guarantee is that WDW is going to bring in Tron as an attraction. This could be something as simple as a themed Dining restaurant or something as complex as a thrill ride. If Disney does decide to go with a thrill ride, my hope is that the attraction is something like Space Mountain. IMO, due to the nature of the movie, I think this attraction will end up being placed in Epoct and have a Mission Space sort of feel to it. This has all the makings to be a simulator. Expect news and updates from Disney as we approach the end of the year.

As for my prediction: The Black Hole. Yeah I know, old movie. Never was an attraction. Why now?

Well, while nothing is certain, Hollywood has been buzzing about a possible remark. You may not know this, but writers have been presenting scripts for years looking to recreate the 1979 film. Aside from the writing campaigns, lately Disney has been progressively remaking some of its material from the late 70’s and early 80’s (Escape to Witch Mountain and Tron). Also, this was one of Disney’s more technological and forward thinking movies. The Black Hole used special effects and camera tricks throughout. Perfect for today’s brand of film making. In this age of Transformers and 3D Cinematography, The Black Hole fits right in.

What about the attraction?

Okay, I’ll admit, this one is tough to call. No one knows what constitutes a Disney film being converted into an attraction. Is it the success of the film or the concept within it? One thing I do know is that The Black Hole works out in a number of ways as an attraction. I don’t see this being a thrill ride. I see this as more of a slow progressing “Spaceship Earth” type of attraction with riders being sucked into…the obvious…Black Hole.

Secondly, darkness and sci-fi attractions just tend to workout in WDW. The Black Hole would obviously have to be an indoor attraction. That makes it a prefect fit in that respect.

Lastly, the rebuilding of Fantasyland will need something “special.” Where not talking Space Mountain here, so I don’t think Tomorrowland works out. However, Fantasyland could use something like this attraction. Now, by the time the new Fantasyland is up and running. The Black Hole still won’t exist. But as things start to develop this attraction could work its way into the picture.

MY NEXT POST:
Why I think Hollywood Studios will see a Marvelous Expansion

Sorry Agame,
If I had a dollar for every time I've heard about some thing Disney was definitely bringing in I'd be a rich gal for sure. :goodvibes I'm still waiting for the Star wars Land that was a definite. That rumor really took off when MGM turned into HS. People were posting like crazy it was because Lucas didn't want to support a rival studio.
Then of course we have the ever faithful monorail expansion.
Tron is ancient, even among my dedicated sci fi'er friends say there are so many other picks before that one. but who knows, I may hit the 125 million dollar powerball also. ;)

I would be more interested if I thought that Tron or the Black Hole were any good. I'm excited about the Star Tours redo though.

Why I think Hollywood Studios will see a Marvelous Expansion
It has been noted on many websites that although Disney now has Marvel US has all rights east of the Mississippi and could only do something with Marvel at the DLR.

1. I thought the new Tron movie was a sequel not a remake.

2, The Black Hole movie sucked big time. Yikes if they make it an attraction.

3. No one knows the fate of any Marvel stuff in the parks but IMHO there will not be any attractions based on Marvel characters any time soon.

FYI, Tron is NOT being re-made. Tron Legacy is a direct sequel.

And Disney is not known for being timely in creating attractions based on currently popular movies.

The Black Hole was one of my favorite movies as a kid. Had a big poster of the good (?) and bad robots (Maximillan?) in my room for a while. It has a lot of potential.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter