Disney Rewards Points

mickilovesmickey

Mouseketeer
Does anybody know if you can use Disney Rewards Points from the Disney Visa for the cruise? I know when the program first started, you could use them for tips, excursions, drinks, etc. but not for the actual price of the cruise. Just curious. Thanks.

Isn't the only way you can use your rewards card is by having it scanned? I don't know if you can use it to make telephone or internet purchases?? :confused3

I suggest you pay for your cruise with your Disney Visa, to earn extra rewards $$. You can apply your rewards $$ to your stateroom bill to cover any of your cruise expenses (excursions, adult beverages, tips) once you are on th ship.

Yes, you CAN use your Rewards points towards the cost of your cruise. However, if somethinghappens and you have to cnacel, whether insured or not insured, I'm not sure how they handle "refunding" the part of your trip to bought with those Rewards points! I did ask about paying the cruise fare, and know that it's a definite yes--just not sure what happens with the refund scenario, if there should be one. As the other poster said, I'd just pay for my cruise with the cash, and use those Rewards dollars to pay for your shopping, tips, Palo fee, spa, whatever else you spend money on during the cruise! Just my opinion! :teeth:

they should be credited back to the rewards card.Just remember, they cannot be transfered back to the visa. Once they are on the reward card, you need to use them before the exp date of the rewards card.

You might also want to be careful if you are using your Disney Visa to book your trip so that you can get the $50 onboard credit because the CM I talked to when I booked our upcoming cruise told me that we had to use our visa to pay off our entire cruise in order to get the fifty dollars. We are using our rewards card while we are onboard to help pay off charges that we make. So, if you are getting the $50 onboard credit for booking with the Disney Visa, make sure you don't use the rewards card to help pay off the cruise part of your trip. I hope this makes sense! :confused3

I just loaded my rewards card and will apply the amount to our cruise balance. We did that for our last DCL cruise too. Once you have the card, it is just like a credit card. Easy as pie.

I just used our points towards the expenses we incurred on the ship. You can arrange it at Guest Services while onboard.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter