Disney Revival April 2021 Exercise Thread

Congratulations to Elizabeth Smith and to me for turning Piglet Pink!

Moana's soundtrack was intended to combine traditional South Pacific musical traditions with pop and Broadway themes. So Disney hired Lin-Manuel Miranda (who was also then working on Hamilton), composer Mark Mancina, and Tokeluan singer-songwriter Opetaia Foa'i to create the music.

If you're a Moana fan, you might want to plan a visit to the Polynesian Resort at WDW, which is receiving a Moana makeover. And a bit farther afield, Hong Kong Disneyland has a Moana stage show.

It should be recognized, however, that there is criticism of how the film portrayed Polynesian cultures and peoples. Here's an interesting Smithsonian article about good and bad of the film.

21 minutes on Saturday, walked to the farmer's market for fresh corn and strawberries. Yum!
33 minutes today, walked wearing my new Disney park attractions masks. They were onsale at the Outlet. Which, let me tell you, visiting the outlet feels like a touch of Disney. I bought every Haunted Mansion thing they had!

pixiedust:pixiedust:526/500 pixiedust:pixiedust:

:jumping1:First time making it to my goal! :jumping1:

Congratulations to Raya for being the first team member to exceed goal and turn Gothel Green! :shamrock:

:yay::yay::yay:

Next up is Ralph Breaks the Internet, the 2018 sequel to Wreck-It Ralph. Disney's first computer-animated film sequel, it grossed over $529 million.

In this film, the Wreck-It Ralph characters have to band together to help fix the broken "Sugar Rush" game and help Vanellope find her independence.

Ralph Breaks the Internet again features numerous cameos from other films, with voices by the original voice actors. (Reportedly the film has the most characters in any Disney animated film -- 434 individual characters!) One amusing scene features Vanellope hanging out with all the Disney princesses when she ducks into their dressing room while running from Stormtroopers.

And one scene that didn't make it into the body of the film, but instead was included in the end credits, was a "Wreck Roll" -- Ralph singing "Never Gonna Give You Up" by Rick Astley.

In 2019, Disney released Frozen II, the sequel to Frozen. Three years after the events of Frozen, Elsa, Anna, Kristoff, Olaf, and Sven leave Arendelle to investigate Elsa's mysterious powers. Frozen II did even better than Frozen, grossing $1.45 billion worldwide.

The original team from Frozen (including the directors, the songwriters, composer, and major voice actors) all returned for the sequel.

Because the film was released in pre-pandemic times, the voice actors were booked solid making appearances to promote the film. But months later, Frozen II was released early to Disney+ due to the pandemic. Disney+ also has a 6-episode documentary called Into the Unknown: Making Frozen II.

Here's Idina Menzel singing "Into the Unknown" at the Academy Awards:

Disney's most recent animation release is Raya and the Last Dragon, released on March 5, 2021, and in theaters now (and on Disney+, thanks to the pandemic). In this computer-animated fantasy action-adventure film, Raya is voiced by Kelly Marie Tran and Sisu, the dragon, by Awkwafina.

Given that this film is so recent, I won't summarize the story. But here's the trailer:

21 minutes on Saturday, walked to the farmer's market for fresh corn and strawberries. Yum!
33 minutes today, walked wearing my new Disney park attractions masks. They were onsale at the Outlet. Which, let me tell you, visiting the outlet feels like a touch of Disney. I bought every Haunted Mansion thing they had!

pixiedust:pixiedust:526/500pixiedust:pixiedust:

:jumping1:First time making it to my goal! :jumping1:
Congratulations!!!:cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter