Disney Related Clothing

Disney_Robin

Earning My Ears
It's common to see people in disney character shirts and matching family shirts in Disney World but is this also common on cruises? I saw a forum post discussing that mouse ears are uncommon but it was a few years old... is this still true?

You will see a good percentage of folks onboard sporting some type of Disney apparel from t-shirts, to dresses, to ears, to purses, backpacks, etc.

MJ

Lots of matching shirts. One for each day of the cruise for some groups. Overheard people reminding each other which color to wear for the next day.

I definitely see more shirts and coordinated outfits than I do ears on the ship. Possibly because the wind on deck can make keeping the ears on a challenge. (Though I have to admit, I'm VERY thankful that my mom never put us through that. Twice she tried making matching outfits for my sister and me (one Christmas and one Easter) and we hated it. She never tried again, and definitely never on vacation.)

My husband didn't believe me about the matching shirts until we were in the cruise terminal checking in. It was well over 50% of the families.

We're not matchy-matchy, but definitely wear Disney T-shirts, sweat pants, etc. on the cruise. Headband type ears are seen all over the ship, especially the light-up ones at night. The classic felt beanie hat with ears is not for the reason @Dug720 mentioned with the wind.

On the SWDAS cruises, it's matching star wars t-shirts each and every day. Or stormtrooper outfits, lol.

I definitely saw some people with matching shirts on our cruise almost two months ago. We were saving our matching shirts for our time in WDW after our cruise, but we definitely had the baby in something Disney related every day and we even wore our share of Disney shirts and bags as well. I took along a small Disney Jansport backpack. We also saw a lot of people wear things they picked up from the gift shop as well.

Oh yes, and some of it is adorably creative! We still bring the Castaway Cay shirts, DCL polo shirts and DVC shirts and our "little guy" is 23! He humors his mother who finances his vacation life!

Coordinating shirt family here. Just doing it for Pirate night. My husband doesn’t wear Disney shirts so this is a big step. Haven’t decided if we will do it for embarkation day because the weather in Texas is so iffy that it could be hot or cold.

I have LulaRoe Disney stuff I will wear because it’s fun and my son will wear his Disney stuff.

Ears I don't see as much.. they are definitely there just not as prevalent as in the parks. disney shirts/bags/jewellery/swim suits/toys/plushes/towels? All over the place.

We cruised about a month ago and wore matching shirts the first day. We also had a family Halloween costume and all dressed up for pirate night. I saw tons of Disney stuff on people the whole time. My favorite was seeing all the dad's walking around in their Disney dad type shirts without a care when you know they would refuse to wear anything like that under any other circumstances. People just embrace the joy of it all.

I saw a fair amount of matching/coordinating shirts on embarkation and on Pirate night. We did matching shirts for Pirates Night, and I'm trying to come up with some sort of coordinating shirt for our next embarkation. As my husband is a former security guy, we do not wear anything Disney related when we are in port, including the lanyards. But on the ship, it's fair game.

Cruises are prime time for matching gear. I always get a kick out of seeing what people come up with.

I'll be wearing my Christmas ears and pirate ears when we cruise Dec. 3. I can't wait!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter