• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney reimburses unsuspecting customer

...back to serious matters....I can't believe they have taken our chocolate away! Do you think I can be reimbursed for my P&PP tix.....since this was done without warning and after they were purchased? (and not posted anywhere I can find....except on the Dis) I'm beginning to believe all the problems with the DDP changes were intentional! They were used as a distraction...thinking we wouldn't notice when they took away our chocolate and the tiramisu twinkies.:rolleyes:

It depends - did Disney put in writing anywhere that chocolate candy will be distributed at the Parties?

This is all so complicated to read. :)

But I will say two things about the disney websites.

1. Right now, because I went looking again, I see a page that states "It's a tasty way to save up to 30% per person on dining. "

But just last night (24 hours ago, that is) I saw a page with a picture with text over it, about the dining plan, stating "up to 40%".

With both I want them to tell me what that % is off of.

But anyway, my point is even last night there was at least one page showing the wrong information in the bulky, silly, unintuitive website they have created, and perhaps a couple days ago for d'land's also bulky silly unintuitive site. :)

2. Disneyland's site still has their Magical Mornings (formerly Early Entry) dates listed wrong on some pages. It's been changed for a couple weeks now, but people continue to find the wrong days when they go looking.

I'm glad they gave some slack.

Now, I'm bumping this series of questions up because it got lost, and I'm very interested in the answers myself!!!

A little OT here, but what is the "snack loophole" that was closed?
Also-I have talked to 3 different CM about adding DDP to our package before we leave, and have gotten 3 different answers. Which CM is giving me the correct info?
*You can add the DDP on to your package up to two weeks before you check in.
*You have to add the DDP to your package 45 days or more before your trip, or you are subject to the $50/person package change fee
*You can add the DDP to your package up to 2 days before you check in. This CM told me that she has been there for 3 years and KNOWS this is absolutely okay. There will be no charge because we are upgrading our package (her words)
We haven't added DDP yet because I am sitting on the fence after reading everything on this board. We used the DDP in Dec '06 and loved it. However- I don't care about not getting apps, too much food for us. We will be tipping in cash. Does it help to tell the server that when they come to collect our cards?
Thanks for letting me get a little OT!

...back to serious matters....I can't believe they have taken our chocolate away! Do you think I can be reimbursed for my P&PP tix.....since this was done without warning and after they were purchased? (and not posted anywhere I can find....except on the Dis) I'm beginning to believe all the problems with the DDP changes were intentional! They were used as a distraction...thinking we wouldn't notice when they took away our chocolate and the tiramisu twinkies.:rolleyes:

I just read that Hershey's chocolate is going up in price by 13%. Did they give out Hershey's chocolate? Could this increase in price be why?

Just wanted to add my two cents worth to the DDP thing. I booked my 3 day land/4 day sea in March 2007 and asked for the DDP at that time for the land portion. It was not available. However, late in 2007 (I am pretty sure it was early October, at the same time I booked my ADRs) it did become available, and I purchased it, and was never told of the changes to the DDP. I spoke with both DCL and my travel agent and no one mentioned it. I am a bit miffed to have to pay for tips and apps OOP, but at the same time, I still like the idea of prepaying for most of my dining before hand. I have added up all the things we will be going to (Le Cellier, CP Character breakfast, Akershus dinner for TS credits), and it seems that we will still come out ahead. I just wish we got a choice between dessert and appetizer, as I don't normally eat dessert. Also, the choices for kids counter service menus is really really limited. how many days can they eat mac and cheese or PBJ?

This is all so complicated to read. :)

I just read that Hershey's chocolate is going up in price by 13%. Did they give out Hershey's chocolate? Could this increase in price be why?

Evidently, Hershey was the sponsor for Disney's chocolate at P&PP. This translates into Disney received it for free, but looks like Hershey has backed out.

do you know the actual names and email addresses of people who have been affected by the plan changes? i just came back from a trip that i booked in november and was furious to learn of the changes only when i got my check at dinner the first night! i am fuming mad and feel like i totally got duped by the CM who booked my package that did not mention one word about the changes. I am wondering how many people booked prior to the changes that were not told about them once they were announced.....

I started this thread...I'll add my two cents worth in.

On Jan 2nd, I called the guest services at my brothers resort requesting clarification. the person I spoke with states to me that my brothers plan entitled him to appetizer and tip. Then the waiter CM took the phone and spoke to the guest services person. It was only then that the person at Guest Services at AllStar music became aware that there was a change. If CM at wdw were still making mistakes on Jan 2nd, I would think it would be easy to believe the customers could be misinformed.

Trip was booked thru WDW in late July...full package, room, park, mealplan etc. Nothing mentioned then about change in 2008, and nothing mentioned at checkin. Had it been mentioned, the solution would have been simple. He would not have purchased the DDP in its 2008 form.

The CM I spoke with last week was in complete agreement with us, that the information should have been TOLD to him at least 2 or 3 different times. If there are 100's of people who have been blindsided similarly, I feel they have reason to complain as well. I would hope that this kind of PR nightmare will improve the communcation in the future.

When you are spending $5000 on a trip, (Not buying a 10 dollar shirt off the rack), I would expect a certain level of service and communication from the provider. WDW seemed to agree with me.

Please email me to let me know if anyone has had a similar experience. I just got back from Disney, had the same thing happen and am fuming made because Disney will not reimburse me for the tip and app charges!!

After returning home from a Disney vacation is probably a useless time to complain to Disney about ANY issue.

The 2008 Magic Your Way Packages and the 2008 Dining Plan - and its changes - were made available in August 2007; a Guest booking a package three months later would be reasonably expected to be aware of any such changes, since that reservation was made well after - not before - the changes were announced.

There appears to be no valid reason for Disney to reimburse any Guest for appetizers after the first meal. ANY appetizers ordered after the first meal would have been with the diner's FULL knowledge and acceptance of the rules of the Dining Plan. As for other reimbursements - it is the CUSTOMER'S responsibility to be aware of what they are buying, at least as much as it is the responsibility of the seller to get inside that customer's head and know what they do or do not know.

We had a family member who is a TRAVEL AGENT! That took her family to WDW for a 5 day trip. She got to Disney and could only get into the park for one day because she only had park hoppers for one day out of the the 5 days. She then threw a big hissy fit saying it was Disney's Fault and wanted them to give her free tickets for the remaining 4 days! They did not and stated she would have to buy remaining tickets. She did but then said her whole trip was ruined.

I was amazed! When I book reservations I double check those reservations to make sure they are correct. She is a TRAVEL AGENT for heavens sake! And she offered to book our trips so she could get kick backs from Disney!
I was smart enough to refuse and stated I like to book on my own.

I do my homework when I am spending this much MONEY on a trip! I want to know what my options are.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter