Disney policy on decorating rooms?

Capo

Mouseketeer
We will be at wdw during December and were thinking of decorating our room and/or window. Does Disney have a policy or rules on doing this? In particular the use of Christmas lights?

Thanks!

It depends on where you are staying.
I believe the DVC resorts do not allow any decorations.
If you stay at a Value or Mod - you can certainly decorate - with restrictions. You cannot use anything that may leave a mark (like tape of any kind, or nails, tacks etc..)
You can use magnets on the doors and suction cups to hang things or window clings.
If you stay at a Deluxe you can certainly decorate your room (using the above guidelines). But there may be certain restricitions about your windows/balcony. For example at AKL I am quite certain they would not allow anything.
:)

Here is a great thread dedicated to *Decorating your Window*.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1867638

My parents go every year in December. They always stay at POR in the mansion section. They decorate their window with lights. They also bring a timer so they are not lit the entire time. They have never had a problem.

We stayed at the Poly last Halloween season and decorated the room, windows and bed postswith Halloween Colored BATTERY OPERATED lights ( that had timers from Walmart for about$3+) and Pirate flags. No one said boo!:lmao:

A great tip is to use those Command hooks that do not peel paint or leave a mark.

This year we are staying at the Riverside and looking forward to decorating the twon windows we (hopefully) will have in the room number we requested!

We will be at wdw during December and were thinking of decorating our room and/or window. Does Disney have a policy or rules on doing this? In particular the use of Christmas lights?

Thanks!

It depends on where you are staying.
I believe the DVC resorts do not allow any decorations.
If you stay at a Value or Mod - you can certainly decorate - with restrictions. You cannot use anything that may leave a mark (like tape of any kind, or nails, tacks etc..)
You can use magnets on the doors and suction cups to hang things or window clings.
If you stay at a Deluxe you can certainly decorate your room (using the above guidelines). But there may be certain restricitions about your windows/balcony. For example at AKL I am quite certain they would not allow anything.
:)

Here is a great thread dedicated to *Decorating your Window*.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1867638

DVC has asked guests not to put up any decorations that can be seen from the outside. So nothing on the balconies, nothing on the doors, nothing on the windows. They will allow a Christmas tree, but it must be within your villa. Most of the deluxe resorts ask that you not put anything on the doors since they are interior doors.

DVC has asked guests not to put up any decorations that can be seen from the outside. So nothing on the balconies, nothing on the doors, nothing on the windows. They will allow a Christmas tree, but it must be within your villa. Most of the deluxe resorts ask that you not put anything on the doors since they are interior doors.

This must be new. We stayed at the BWV over Christmas just a year and a half ago. There were many balconies decorated with Christmas lights on the outside. It gave the resort a more homey, festive feel. We had a tree, lights, and our stocking decorating the inside of our room (I couldn't figure out how to do the lights on the balcony - I guess I'd need an extension cord that I didn't have!). Now, our tree was only two feet tall, and I got it at Target when we arrived in Orlando (didn't plan on getting one) - just $10 so we decorated it and then left it there.

I hadn't heard of any restrictions. I saw lots of folks checking in during our week with full size trees (in the original box) - these were folks who obviously drove!

we were at Bay Lake over NYE and there were a bunch of balconies that had Christmas lights on them, and Christmas trees in the windows

for the Mnsshp I saw a few balconies with orange/ black lights.

DVC members received this notice last year:

Resort leaders offer holiday-decorating reminder

As Disney Parks and Resorts reflect the spirit of the season with a winter wonderland of holiday decorations, many Disney Vacation Club® Members are decorating their villas in similarly festive fashion.

While Disney Vacation Club welcomes the use of safe decorations that don't damage the finishes of the villa, resort leaders are reminding Members that all decorations should be contained within the villa interiors and therefore shouldn't extend to the balcony or other exterior areas.

This policy, included in Members' condominium documents, is designed to help preserve the carefully crafted architectural stories and visual themes for which Disney Parks and Resorts are famous.

DVC members did receive that notice, but not everyone paid attention to it. Several balconies had lights at BCV last year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter