Disney Planning Anxiety

blackwo1

Earning My Ears
Disney Planning Anxiety- is this a thing? Usually I get nothing but joy from planning and researching but this morning I’m feeling all kinds of anxiety when I pulled up my spreadsheet for our Jan 2020 trip. Planning for my family and another family and just had these thoughts like suddenly the meals are all wrong (yet to make ADRs), the park days I’ve planned aren’t right. I have struggled with anxiety before and am on meds, just never had it affect my Disney joy before. Anyone else go through this?

Disney Planning Anxiety- is this a thing? Usually I get nothing but joy from planning and researching but this morning I’m feeling all kinds of anxiety when I pulled up my spreadsheet for our Jan 2020 trip. Planning for my family and another family and just had these thoughts like suddenly the meals are all wrong (yet to make ADRs), the park days I’ve planned aren’t right. I have struggled with anxiety before and am on meds, just never had it affect my Disney joy before. Anyone else go through this?
I love the planning process but I would not want to plan for another family. I just know our own family and our likes and dislikes. I would help another family with opinions or info from our experiences but not plan their vacation. We leave in 2 1/2 weeks and I am in the "setting things out" stage and "what snacks does everyone want" stage. LOL

I understand your fears but my thought is, no matter what you will have a great time. If the other family doesn't like your choices, then they should have spoken up before. And if it is their first time, then they really won't know any better or what they are missing. Seriously, try not to worry, it will all work out and be fine. Make your picks and just go with it. :-)

I felt this way planning our current trip. We usually go with just our immediate family but this time we're going in a group of 11-13 with extended family coming. They keep telling me that since I'm the expert, they trust me and don't care what we do but it's still really stressful. You want to make the perfect trip, especially considering the amount of money everyone is spending to be there.

I would definitely solicit their opinions for plans. If they give input, they can't really complain about the trip. Regardless, I'm sure everyone will have fun because it's DISNEY but I totally understand how you're feeling.

Anyone else go through this?
I have! As the main Disney planner for our family i feel so much pressure to get everything right. We have family meetings to discuss everyone's wants so it gives me a good idea of what rides to FP and what restaurants we want. The last trip I felt like i was pack in too much so that we could see and do it all. But then i had an ah ha moment. I realized i needed to prioritize the must do, what we would like to do and what we could skip. I added in time to our day to simple just hit shops and stroll around it really helped to easy up my planning. I made sure we had the must dos but everything else would be fit in if we had time. I am already thinking about our July 2020 trip because ADR time will be here and we need to sort through where we want to eat. thankfully we are going for 8 days but in July I know we will have to take it much slower with the heat and humidity - so instead of being park commandos we will sleep in some mornings, hit the pool, actually enjoy the resort and hit the parks in the evening.

When planning for a large group it is usually better to allow some free time where the other family can go and venture around - maybe complete some FP in the morning but then have free time and just meet up for dinner in the evening. No one wants to be attached at the hip for the entire trip. Ensure that family has access to MDE and knows how to use it so when they are on their own they can book FP if they want.

We're DVC Members using points to stay at the Riviera for 12-nights in January 2020. What's with the new restrictions for using short term park tickets within a specified number of days? We planned on buying a 5-day park hopper ticket to use over the 12 days we're at the Riviera. And what if you wanted to do the parks for 2 days before a cruise and then wanted to use the remaining 3 days on a 5-day ticket when you return from the cruise? Are they trying to push everybody to purchase two tickets or even annual tickets?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter