Disney/Pixar's Luca

DodgerGirl

Crazy For The Mandalorian
In Summer 2021 be prepared to meet Luca a boy with a very special secret in Disney/Pixar's Luca. The movie follows Luca as he goes on a great adventure when he becomes a sea monster. Following the success of Soul and the underrated Onward I feel Luca can bring Pixar back on it's feet again and I will bet Luca will be a hit in theaters

Luca looks good - very "Ghibli-esque". I'll definitely be seeing it.

Which Hollywood stars will be providing voices for the characters in Luca? I also got surprised to hear the song You Are My Sunshine in the trailer because my godfather used to sing it to me when I was a little girl. I also think Luca will be like Ponyo from the looks of it

Which Hollywood stars will be providing voices for the characters in Luca? I also got surprised to hear the song You Are My Sunshine in the trailer because my godfather used to sing it to me when I was a little girl. I also think Luca will be like Ponyo from the looks of it
Does it matter if there are stars in it?
Looking at the list I think Maya Rudolpho is the most famous voice actor in the cast.

I'd personally have voices in a cast that I don't easily recognize. I love Tom Hanks, but I do not hear Woody when I watch Toy Story, I hear Tom Hanks. Famous voices can distract me.
And the other way around it works the same, I hear Olaf when I hear Josh Gad doing other voices, in Beauty and the Beast, I hear Olaf from time to time, same as for the voice over he has done for some Disney documentaries.

Does it matter if there are stars in it?
Looking at the list I think Maya Rudolpho is the most famous voice actor in the cast.

I'd personally have voices in a cast that I don't easily recognize. I love Tom Hanks, but I do not hear Woody when I watch Toy Story, I hear Tom Hanks. Famous voices can distract me.
And the other way around it works the same, I hear Olaf when I hear Josh Gad doing other voices, in Beauty and the Beast, I hear Olaf from time to time, same as for the voice over he has done for some Disney documentaries.

I feel that way too. I don't mind it so much for the big, original movies, but I didn't like how they got David TEnnant to play Scrooge McDuck on the new DuckTales. He did a great job, but he wasn't in every episode probably due to pay, and also, unlike Alan Young, he's not going to voice the character for the next 40 years - the legacy characters need that. I am all for hiring good VA talent and not going for the big stars.

Maya Rudolph is gonna be in Luca? What character will she be playing? I hope Maya's character is a great one. I always LOVE celebrity voice casts because there's something really cool about movies that make celebrity voice actors a hit and I hope Luca is a huge hit for Pixar and gets a lot of promotion than The Good Dinosaur did

Yeah, but it is NOT PRemier Access - it will drop for all Disney+ users at the same time for no additional cost. It's a shame though that it won't really get a shot at success.
Oh that’s not too bad. But I agree it would have been nice to at least give it a chance.

Think they're trying not to saturate theatres with movies to give each one a better chance, so with Black Widow coming out in July they probably didn't want it competing with Pixar.
It is a shame for this movie though. But the trailer didn't wow me. I probably would have seen it because it's Pixar and they've hardly let me down but the trailer was pretty meh to me.

Someday there will have to be a post-pandemic wide-release Pixar film festival so we can see in a proper theatre the movies we could only watch on our screens at home.

What is up with Disney? Are they trying to kill Pixar? We finally get a bunch of new original stories, and they're going to be branded "failures" because there is no way for them to make enough money.

I don't expect Luca to be life-changing, but it looks charming and I will definitely see it.

I just watched the two trailers and can I say: I am disappointed?
The style of the humans is not my thing, that's taste. But the story looks kinda... boring? It feels like something we have seen so many times before. The parent saying they cannot go to the surface as a starting point, the inconvenient transformations back at awkward moments and the hiding.

The backgrounds look great, the music sounds good, but the story, not my thing. Nothing in the trailer excites me, except the underwater world. That looked creative.

And one thing that bothered me in the last trailer: Having the fat kid using his body to protect the scooter. It's fun, cause he's fat?
That's one thing that is annoying me in more media, recent and old, to have a fat character whose character is being fat.

I agree overall. This new trailer makes it look a bit better to me, but overall the story looks a bit dull. Pixar has a strong track record so I'm hoping they actually pull something out good with this but so far it looks like it will be another personal missed mark for me. They have been a little more up and down recently for me personally as I found soul to be pretty dull, but Onward was a fun movie that I have rewatched a lot, and Toy Story 4 turned out great considering we all felt the third wrapped everything up well and it would be a poor, unnecessary dip. So I'm hoping this will be good but seems like a derivative story like you mentioned and nothing too strong to build it up.

I just watched the two trailers and can I say: I am disappointed?
The style of the humans is not my thing, that's taste. But the story looks kinda... boring? It feels like something we have seen so many times before. The parent saying they cannot go to the surface as a starting point, the inconvenient transformations back at awkward moments and the hiding.

The backgrounds look great, the music sounds good, but the story, not my thing. Nothing in the trailer excites me, except the underwater world. That looked creative.

And one thing that bothered me in the last trailer: Having the fat kid using his body to protect the scooter. It's fun, cause he's fat?
That's one thing that is annoying me in more media, recent and old, to have a fat character whose character is being fat.
If there's one constant in Hollywood, it's Fat = Funny.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter