Disney Pins

tammyandtommy

Just call me Duckie!
Hi All! We have been collecting pins for years, how do you display yours? I want to put them somewhere in the house!

Thanks
I cant wait to see and hear your ideas

We bought a cork board frame, and put them on there. I wanted to do that same idea in a shadow box kinda way, but since we are so new to it, we didn't have enough lol. Once we do, I will start doing the shadow frames :) The kids LOVE showing their pins off in their playroom!

I got a large piece of dark fabric that wasn't showing pin marks and sewed a pretty wide opening at the top seam for a wooden dowel. I have like 300 pins and that way I can display them all together. However, it does get really heavy - I had to put up extra reinforcing holding hooks (I bought those 3M ones that you can stick and remove anywhere). I have a pic somewhere, I'll come back and add it. My sister who has not nearly so many had her SIL paint a background of pathway, twilight sky and fireworks, and she is making a castle shape out of the pins - that looks great too. That has a shadowbox style frame.

Here's how I display ours. This board is full now, but I bought a 2nd board when I got this one so I just need to decide on a picture for the middle and then will hang it with this one.

Pinboard001.jpg

I got a plain white artist's canvas at Michael's and my DD's arranged their pins on it. I think it is about 30x24" and they have about 100 pins. They each picked some ribbon they liked and I did a strip of ribbon across the top and bottom, just attached with hot glue. Then I printed "Kylie's Pins" in a Cinderella font on pink paper that matched her ribbon and put it on top. They had been sitting in the pin backpacks and no one ever looked at them. Now it is some artwork for their walls and they can easily show all their friends.

I used a couple of pieces of 12x12 cork board with no frame. I used my crop-a-dile to punch holes in the same spot of each board so they line up. I then used glue dots to adhere the two pieces of cork together. I used a piece of disney scrapbook paper to cover the pieces of cork. The paper had holes that lined up with the cork. I used coordinating ribbon and put it through the holes so that it allowed me to hang the board. It is kinda hard to describe but I will try to post a pic for all to see.

I have 2 different set ups. The first is a picture frame that I put a cork board in the space where the picture would normally go. Then I covered it with fabric and put the pins in. I'm not real thrilled with this one. I think the fabric I chose is too busy.

The 2nd one is similiar but one that one I picked up an artist canvas, covered it with a simple fabric that goes with the room it hangs in. Then I put Disney World at the top using gold sticky letters and put the pins in. I have 2 of these and I'm very happy with them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter