• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Pin Mania!

EMcCool419

Mouseketeer
I was just wondering if I am being too tourist like if i wear my pin lanyards(yes i have 2 working on #3)everywhere i go while i am on vacation in Disney,universal, or anywhere else in orlando or lbv for that matter!pirate:

I hope not, lol, I'll be doing the same in October! DS will have his and I will have mine, which I have covered in Disney Bridal/Wedding pins! After all it will be my wedding/honeymoon. :thumbsup2

I wear my pins on my name badge at work...I change them up every few days....I just can't see letting them sit in a drawer til my next trip...people at work are always surprised at what I pull out next...i gave a Carriage pin to a Mom for her little girl last week for her birthday after I was a fairygodmailer 2 weeks ago and she was soooo thrilled she got a card from Cinderella...now she gets the new pin for her birthday next week!...take your pins and enjoy....and have fun and trade....pin trading with Cm's is fun!!!

I would feel kinda weird wearing it anywhere but WDW. I'm talking about the lanyard not just a pin or 2 on a lapel or whatever.

lol I don't really care what others think...but so far I've found lots of smiles and questions...my lanyard to hold my name badge is POC black and red with skulls and crossbones...no one even seems to notice it...the pins are just on the badge itself...those produce the smiles and questions...and they get stories of my fun trips and future plans along with lots of hugs and pixie dust to feel better...I take care of the Elderly and handicapped...it sheds a little sunshine on sometimes an otherwise cloudy day!!!

seeing as the only reason I wear lanyards is to display my pins I would feel a bit odd wearing it to other places other than in the wdw resort but if I ever had a different reason to need to wear a lanyard, then I'd probably stick one or two on there, I usually tend not to wear pins on other than a lanyard in fear of loosing them. Just a point for opinion, I'm going to WDW this summer and wondering as I only like to wear one lanyard at a time, shall I put all my trading pins on it or put a couple of my good ones that I like to show off on as well since I can't remember if you can protect them from trading:confused: ? Although I've been trading for a little while, I'm still quite a newbie to it

Heavens No!! My husband is a graduate of the FBI police acadmey and we attended alot of the reunions. They were trading pins from all over the country long before Disney started doing it. I have many name tags covered in the pins! I was wearing these pins on alot of my blouses and sweaters. Now I wear the Disney pins! My lanyards are hanging in the Disney Dining Room waiting for the next trip!:rotfl:

Just be very careful wearing 3 lanyards full of pins because they will rub together and may get scratched or lost. Maybe it's time to consider a safari vest for displaying your pins. I've seen a lot of vests at the EPCOT pin event in Sept.

I love to wear my holiday pins on my sweaters and blazers. I get a lot of looks.

Where did everyone get their pins? We are spending a week Dec 23-31 at Disney this year and I'd like to be able to get them anyards and some pins for them to be able to trade

Where did everyone get their pins? We are spending a week Dec 23-31 at Disney this year and I'd like to be able to get them anyards and some pins for them to be able to trade

I get alot of my from eBay. There is one store in particular, I Dream of Disney, that I shop from. She has a lot of pins at very reasonable prices and shipping. She is really good. There is also a store called mouseshoppe.com. They have mainly Disneyland pins, but have a lot of them. I have 4 tapestries around my house that are filled and I mean filled, with Disney pins. I have been collecting for over 10 years now and have no idea of how many I have.

Debbiet1, look on the Disney Collector Board ther is a lot of info on pin trading.

Thanks, where do I find the Collector Board? Maybe I'm not awake yet I cant seem to find it.

My DH and I got some Disney pins off of EBAY for a really good price. Most of them have the hidden mickey's on them as well, meaning they were only worn by the park workers. Instead of trading ones that we already had and like alot, we'll use these to trade and get new ones.

Debbiet1 Go on the main DIS homepage and scroll way down and you should see the Collector boards. hope this helps.

Hello everyone. We are going on a Disney Cruise in October and I found the boards and thread for that particular cruise just a few days ago. Whoohoo!

My kids want to collect and trade pins as well. Do they do that on the cruise ships also?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter