Disney photo pass

Vegas75

Earning My Ears
I did some searching and I am still not clear on this. If purchase a photo pass, and they take 300 photos of us during our stay, does the $99 price include all of those photos, or do I have to pay extra for the photos?

Am I just paying for the service?

Thanks.

The $99 covers the cost of the CD. All of your photopass pictures will be on the CD, so if you could have 20 photos or 200 photos, doesn't matter, will still be $99. After your vacation, you'll first view your photos online and you'll be able to edit them and add borders and Disney clip art to your photos. Once you're done editing your images, Disney will put them on a CD and send it to you.

Also with the CD you receive a copyright release, so that you can print your photos anywhere, like Walgreens, Walmart, etc.

I did some searching and I am still not clear on this. If purchase a photo pass, and they take 300 photos of us during our stay, does the $99 price include all of those photos, or do I have to pay extra for the photos?

Am I just paying for the service?

Thanks.

Just to be clear-- you do not purchase Photopass. Photopass is a free service where the park photographers take your photos and you are given a Photopass card (looks like a credit card) that you will need to retrieve them. Once you have a card, hand it to any other photographers and they will also use it for the photos they take. Or if you don't have it with you they can give you another one. But don't lose the card(s). It is recommended that you take a photo of the back of them, or record the numbers in your cell phone or write them somewhere safe.

What you then purchase are the PHOTOS. The Advanced Purchase offer is to buy the Photopass Disk as described above. You can choose to prepurchase it or not- you just get about a $50 discount if you buy it in advance. If you don't buy it you can still purchase your photos online when you get home, either individually as an actual printed photo ( I think the prices start around $13?) or you can decide to put them all on the disk then at the higher price. With the disk, you will still have to pay to get them printed somewhere-- you are only getting the digital files. But getting 4x6s from your local drugstore or Walmart type place is much cheaper than what Disney charges.

Also, remember that you can ask any Photopass Photographer to also take a few pics with your camera. Often those turn out just as good as the ones they take for you to buy. Or sometimes they take a Magical shot that you just have to buy from them!

:thumbsup2 yes everything you said Moderator but I would also add that you can also print them from your own computer rather than from an outside source like Walmart or something :thumbsup2

dont know if this still works but last week you could get an extra 20 dollars off with this promo code...
The code is PHOTOCD. 20% off = $79.95

One more thing / tip is DO NOT buy the disc at the park (not sure how this works if you pre-order the disc) but you have a certain number of days to go home and edit your photos.

For example you had the photopass people take 20 pictures of you. You can go home and edit your photos with different borders or pictures and save them. So you can turn 20 photos into 100 photos!

It makes you feel better to pay $99 for 600 pictures than $99 for 20 pictures!

We ordered the Photopass CD and it's a great value. Just be sure to find the photopass photographers and keep the card handy. Great Photos and clip art on the photos.

We are heading to Disney for our first family trip on Saturday and signed up our PhotoPass number to set up an account. We cannot locate the price of $99, we see the price of $149. We'd love to save $50, can you point me to the link please? thanks in advance.

The link to preorder is sent in an email from Disney. When you booked the trip if you allowed disney to send you emails it comes in one of the messages. Also if you join (like) the Disney's PhotoPass Services group on facebook I have seen a link on there also.

I highly recommend that group it will post photopass deal as fast as anyone.

Another vote for waiting until you get home to order the CD. The borders are worth the wait. You can add borders for special events. For example, we had photos with P&P Party borders with the date, etc.

I like to upload the pics to Kodak Gallery (or your photo website of choice) and make calendars out of them.

The link to preorder is sent in an email from Disney. When you booked the trip if you allowed disney to send you emails it comes in one of the messages. Also if you join (like) the Disney's PhotoPass Services group on facebook I have seen a link on there also.

I highly recommend that group it will post photopass deal as fast as anyone.

Thanks, I found the link on Facebook and pre-ordered it with free expedited shipping!

Forgive my ignorance but how does this work?

Specifically, can I sign up now for the PhotoPass, to get the discount and travel to WDW in 6 weeks? Then, do I walk into the park, obtain a PP card from a photographer and whatever number is on the back of that card will connect up with our pre-purchased PP CD?

TIA!

Forgive my ignorance but how does this work?

Specifically, can I sign up now for the PhotoPass, to get the discount and travel to WDW in 6 weeks? Then, do I walk into the park, obtain a PP card from a photographer and whatever number is on the back of that card will connect up with our pre-purchased PP CD?

TIA!

1. The photopass CD, containt all the pictures taken by photopass photographers on you trip. Costs $149

2. When you order it before the trip as discussed in this thread you get the special $99 price.

3. When you do this it will set up an account for you.

4. You go to the parks get a PP card and start having pictures taken by the PP Photographers.

5. Come home enter the number from you PP card(s) and all the photos will go into your account.

6. Request your PhotoCD at $99 or other merchandise.

I've used it twice, DL and WDW it's really easy. Kind of expensive.

Thanks for all the information. Still consindering on if we should do this or not?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!