Disney park vbloggers how does it work?

mikeishere

Mouseketeer
These Disney park vbloggers on YouTube they are always on site for new ride openings, new park openings, anything and everything Disney parks and cruises that is new and much more but how do they do it? What I mean is it seems none of them have a real 9-5 job as how would they get all that time off to vblog all this? It seems some live nearby but not all of them must, but I’d love to know how they got started and if some started as a hobby and managed a real job at the time and then moved closer to the theme parks once it became a full time profession. Also how do they make money if they don’t have a real job and seem to be in Disney etc all the time? I’m very envious haha.

Most are hobbyists - they earn their living doing something else.
Many earn their living vlogging.
For those with a big enough following (subscribers and video views) Disney invites them to their press events for new ride openings, new park openings, opening days, etc. But most vloggers just pay close attention and show up to ride previews and opening days.
Each person has a slightly different path from hobby to earning a living, but in general if they post enough videos and build an audience they bet more and more subscribers and more and more views. They then monetize their channel.

I, too, am a little envious of those making their living vlogging. It's something I would like to do, too. But I make too much at my day jobs and work crazy long hours to make enough videos to build any kind of following.

These Disney park vbloggers on YouTube they are always on site for new ride openings, new park openings, anything and everything Disney parks and cruises that is new and much more but how do they do it? What I mean is it seems none of them have a real 9-5 job as how would they get all that time off to vblog all this? It seems some live nearby but not all of them must, but I’d love to know how they got started and if some started as a hobby and managed a real job at the time and then moved closer to the theme parks once it became a full time profession. Also how do they make money if they don’t have a real job and seem to be in Disney etc all the time? I’m very envious haha.

The simple answer is that they are part of whats known as Influencer Marketing programs. What that means is that they they are on a media / PR list and they get sent information and or merchandise from Disney and they get invited to events. Disney use them as part of their marketing , to distribute information.

They will also make money from YouTube, by being part of YouTubes Partner program. To be part of this program a YouTube channel needs to have 1000 subscribers and 4000 watch hours on their videos. They will make money from the ads in the videos, when people watch the ads.

Some of them earn money from their subscribers and people who watch their videos from Superchat.

Some of them earn money by selling their own merchandise.

Some of them will be brand ambassadors for various companies and earn commission from sales of items they feature in their videos.

Some people will have what you call a regular 9 to 5 job, and do this on the side to make extra money. Some people don't have a regular 9 to 5 job and can have a very good income by just being part of Influencer Marketing programs.

The simple answer is that they are part of whats known as Influencer Marketing programs. What that means is that they they are on a media / PR list and they get sent information and or merchandise from Disney and they get invited to events. Disney use them as part of their marketing , to distribute information.

They will also make money from YouTube, by being part of YouTubes Partner program. To be part of this program a YouTube channel needs to have 1000 subscribers and 4000 watch hours on their videos. They will make money from the ads in the videos, when people watch the ads.

Some of them earn money from their subscribers and people who watch their videos from Superchat.

Some of them will be brand ambassadors for various companies and earn commission from sales of items they feature in their videos.

Some people will have what you call a regular 9 to 5 job, and do this on the side to make extra money. Some people don't have a regular 9 to 5 job and can have a very good income by just being part of Influencer Marketing programs.

Thanks for the detailed explanation

I don’t know how the ones with 9-5 jobs do both and find the time.
I’m very jealous I’d love to do that but I suppose living in the North West of England is harder get started it as don’t live anywhere near a Disney Park. Wouldn’t know where to begin

I’m very jealous I’d love to do that but I suppose living in the North West of England is harder get started it as don’t live anywhere near a Disney Park. Wouldn’t know where to begin

You are welcome. Basically they are content creators which is part of digital marketing. If you really want to get into it, then you can get a digital marketing qualification and learn video and photo editing, social media management and the various other skills. Influencer Marketing is not just Disney related. There are bloggers and vloggers in almost everything, the most high profile ones are actually food, lifestyle, beauty and fashion. Most people start out by having an interest in something and using social media or a website to basically show off this interest. Then people start to build an audience , get followers and eventually, if they put the time and effort and their content is high quality, they will get noticed by PR companies and in house marketing and PR teams.

As to finding the time, people will be editing videos instead of watching TV after work, or spend their days off editing photos and scheduling social media posts. Think of something you do , whether its watching Eastenders or Corrie or walking your dog and then replace that activity with creating YouTube videos, week in week out.

You are welcome. Basically they are content creators which is part of digital marketing. If you really want to get into it, then you can get a digital marketing qualification and learn video and photo editing, social media management and the various other skills. Influencer Marketing is not just Disney related. There are bloggers and vloggers in almost everything, the most high profile ones are actually food, lifestyle, beauty and fashion. Most people start out by having an interest in something and using social media or a website to basically show off this interest. Then people start to build an audience , get followers and eventually, if they put the time and effort and their content is high quality, they will get noticed by PR companies and in house marketing and PR teams.

As to finding the time, people will be editing videos instead of watching TV after work, or spend their days off editing photos and scheduling social media posts. Think of something you do , whether its watching Eastenders or Corrie or walking your dog and then replace that activity with creating YouTube videos, week in week out.

Thanks again, I didn’t realise these park vblogers I watch had all these qualifications thought they where just lucky enough to live near Disney and decided to do it for fun. I’d love to live near a Disney park and do it

You forgot.. untill they are bigger they ask for money lol..
Pateron, PayPal, etc and when they have 1k subscribers they can go live on YouTube and have superchat where people donate money live.

Now you get the begging to subscribe and thumbs up.

Some superb vloggers on YouTube. We have met a fair few. Adam The Woo explained that once you get to 40-50,000 views per daily video, YouTube provides a decent level of income and you can do this as your full time job.

They make time. Because of this they will have to say no to other things. They might miss out on family gatherings, social events with friends. You see several who have no partner, or kids. Maybe they never shop, but do everything online. No other hobbies or activities.

Like any job that is basically 24/7, they make sacrifices. Success isn't build over night. It can take years before you reach even a 1.000 followers.

You can always give it a try as a Disney vblogger, but realize you are entering very saturated market. There are hundreds of Disney vbloggers and only a handful reach some level of success. Think what you will bring to the table if you want to do this professionally.

Most will have started for fun. So can you, start vlogging your daily life or events to practise your skills and see what it brings you.

Anyone know what UK Vloggers Yaz and Ash said to have put an apology out of their Instagram? Curious as to what they were ‘insensitive’ about

It all kicked off because they went on a ‘holiday’ to Croatia for 2 weeks and then at the end of the ‘holiday’ put up a blog saying surprise we are going to Florida for 5 weeks and then said they were staying in every dvc resort bar 2 and staying in loads of other villas with the company that they partnered with.
It just came across a big braggy and insensitive to everyone else who have been affected by covid, coupled with the **** show Florida currently is with covid…

It all kicked off because they went on a ‘holiday’ to Croatia for 2 weeks and then at the end of the ‘holiday’ put up a blog saying surprise we are going to Florida for 5 weeks and then said they were staying in every dvc resort bar 2 and staying in loads of other villas with the company that they partnered with.
It just came across a big braggy and insensitive to everyone else who have been affected by covid, coupled with the **** show Florida currently is with covid…
Not to mention that it highlights a weakness in the travel ban. The ban is based on being in a particular country for 2 weeks prior to travel to the US, but as being in another country not subject to the ban for 2 weeks prior is fair game, it's highlighting the absurdity of the situation, since many have had to postpone their WDW plans due to the travel ban and uncertainty as to when it'll get lifted, yet those who are coy enough can still exploit the loophole.

Not to mention that it highlights a weakness in the travel ban. The ban is based on being in a particular country for 2 weeks prior to travel to the US, but as being in another country not subject to the ban for 2 weeks prior is fair game, it's highlighting the absurdity of the situation, since many have had to postpone their WDW plans due to the travel ban and uncertainty as to when it'll get lifted, yet those who are coy enough can still exploit the loophole.

It's not really a loop hole though is it. It's just following the rules of the countries you are travelling between.

Everybody can do it, just lots can't as people with traditional work commitments can't easily take an extended trip.

It's not really a loop hole though is it. It's just following the rules of the countries you are travelling between.

Everybody can do it, just lots can't as people with traditional work commitments can't easily take an extended trip.
It is tantamount to one as it's working around a restriction that's preventing direct travel. Though having more than 31 days annual leave is extremely rare, so very few do take advantage of it.

yeah that’s pretty arrogant to me. I’ve really started to go off them and I’ve only been watching for a month Or so

It is tantamount to one as it's working around a restriction that's preventing direct travel. Though having more than 31 days annual leave is extremely rare, so very few do take advantage of it.

But at the end of the day the USA is still amber and millions of people are traveling to amber destinations in Europe so I really don't see why people find it that big a deal.

They have followed the rules in place and if they have the time to do it, why the heck not.

Gota admit I'm a bit jealous , if my kids were not back at school next week I would probably do it too

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter