Disney on March 29 and 30

Tam1067

LOVES LOVES LOVES the Poly
I'm really excited--I have a work trip to Japan. As part of this trip, I have a few days in Tokyo. Due to work obligations, I will have an evening (March 29) and a morning until about 1:00 (March 30) free. I also might have an evening on March 28, depending on which train I take from Kyoto, but I am not sure about the exact time of arrival. As a huge Disney fan, I really, really want to spend this free time seeing the parks, even if I am very limited in what I see.

I have a couple of questions.

1. Which park should I do the evening of March 29 (arriving at about 6:00 pm) and which should I do the morning of March 30?
  2. Should I purchase tickets now, before I leave for Japan, or should I wait until I get to Japan? I notice that the tickets are dated. I do not want to risk my dates being sold out.
  3. I also understand that the parks close at 10:00. If I leave my evening park at 10:00, would I be able to get back to the Shinagawa area before the trains all shut down for the evening, or would I need to plan to leave early? I'm not interested in being stranded.

Thanks so much!

I'm really excited--I have a work trip to Japan. As part of this trip, I have a few days in Tokyo. Due to work obligations, I will have an evening (March 29) and a morning until about 1:00 (March 30) free. I also might have an evening on March 28, depending on which train I take from Kyoto, but I am not sure about the exact time of arrival. As a huge Disney fan, I really, really want to spend this free time seeing the parks, even if I am very limited in what I see.

I have a couple of questions.

1. Which park should I do the evening of March 29 (arriving at about 6:00 pm) and which should I do the morning of March 30?
  2. Should I purchase tickets now, before I leave for Japan, or should I wait until I get to Japan? I notice that the tickets are dated. I do not want to risk my dates being sold out.
  3. I also understand that the parks close at 10:00. If I leave my evening park at 10:00, would I be able to get back to the Shinagawa area before the trains all shut down for the evening, or would I need to plan to leave early? I'm not interested in being stranded.

Thanks so much!

1. I would do Disney SEA in the evening of the 29th and Disneyland on the 30th morning. WHY? + Disney SEA is incredible at night...very beautiful and less crowded, plus you can see Fantasmic. In addition Land opens up 30 minutes earlier than SEA on the 30th...this helps maximize your time.
2.Get the tickets when you get here. Take advantage of the after 6 passport if it's available for your day.
3.Trains run really late...not sure exact times atm but can ceck if you want. Shouldn't be a problem if you leave at close.

1. I would do Disney SEA in the evening of the 29th and Disneyland on the 30th morning. WHY? + Disney SEA is incredible at night...very beautiful and less crowded, plus you can see Fantasmic. In addition Land opens up 30 minutes earlier than SEA on the 30th...this helps maximize your time.
2.Get the tickets when you get here. Take advantage of the after 6 passport if it's available for your day.
3.Trains run really late...not sure exact times atm but can ceck if you want. Shouldn't be a problem if you leave at close.

Thank you! This is really helpful.

Do you know how often the day tickets sell out or how often the after six tickets do? I'm worried because I've heard I'm going to be there the week before schools start back up, so that week is supposed to be really busy at the parks (hotel prices are crazy near Disney for then--I've checked). I really do not want to get all the way there and then be turned away. That's my biggest concern at this point.

You are correct that it will be a busy time because of students. No guarantees as I use an annual pass instead of tickets, but after 6 passports usually don't sell out. I would worry more about the day pass than the after 6 passport.

tokyodisneydad, Thank you SO MUCH!!

I'm going to do the will call before I leave because I would be really, really upset if I went there and couldn't get in. It's something like a 500 yen service fee to do that, which I think is worth it for the peace of mind.

I can't wait.

That is probably the safest idea :) Have fun!! I may be in TDS on the 29th...depends on what time I finish work.

I'll be there that day! I bought my tickets this afternoon--and am beyond excited. If you see me, say "Hi." I'm 5'2", mid-forties, short dark hair, probably carrying a grey backpack. I will probably be solo, though it's possible I'll have a work friend with me (she's grey haired and taller than I am).

I will look for you...I have yearly training that day for work and if we finish on time and if the group doesn't go out for drinks after then I will definitely head one station over to Maihama and go to Disney SEA.

tokyodisneydad,

You've been so helpful!

I have changed my work situation on March 29, which is going to give me the entire day at TDS. I'm so excited about that because it means I should be able to see everything (except for Tower of Terror because I do not like the drops on that ride!).

I will have just half a day (from park opening until about 1:00) on March 30 in Tokyo Disneyland.

Do you have any recommendations for what I should see and in what order, given the limited time I have there? I know Pooh is first (FP and also standby first thing, right?). After that, what would be the best to see, taking into consideration that I can skip those attractions that are just repeats of the U.S. park attractions, and that I only have about five hours total...which means I will have to skip a lot of things.

Thank you again. I am getting really excited.

Glad to hear you can enjoy TDS all day. Even if you are not a fan of TOT you should check out the wait area. Also make sure to see Big Band Beat and stop by guest services for your attraction backstory pages.

In TDL Pooh is definitely first....get the fastpass and get in line. Also Monsters Inc. I also feel that Splash mountain is better in TDL than the states. After that just enjoy looking at the park and catch a favorite attraction or two. Toon town is unique here versus what used to be in WDW.

Will you have a cell phone during your trip?

I appreciate the feedback. I was wondering about Big Band Beat, so I'll make time for it for sure.

I leave in a week from tomorrow (I will be in Matsuyama, Hiroshima, and Kyoto first, before Tokyo). I can't wait!

Yes, I will have a cell phone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter