• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney on Ice

Belle Ella

DIS Veteran
Has anyone been to one recently? What did you see and did you enjoy it? I went to see Finding Nemo on Ice a few years ago (heck, I'm pretty sure I was still in high school at the time) but I'm going with my mom and aunt tomorrow night in Oakland. I wont lie, I'm kind of excited about it. It gave me something to look forward to while suffering from the post-trip depression and until I have an official date to look forward to for my next DLR visit sometime in December.

They are great! We went to one last November and we are to one Nov 13TH it's for my graduation lol Yep I wanted Disney on ice tickets for my college graduation lol:dance3::woohoo::rotfl::banana::yay:

i have not been to one since i was a little boy, take lots of pictures and let us know how it was, i hope you have fun.

I'm really looking forward to it. Still debating if I'm bringing my Nikon or just my small P&S because I don't feel like lugging my camera bag along on BART plus my purse since I can't fit everything I need in it this time around like I can at Disneyland. Sigh. But either way there will be some photos, knowing me.

how long is it going to be in Oakland, i might have to drive down and see it??

It's in Oakland until Sunday and then it will be in San Jose next Wednesday through Sunday. After that it goes to Sacramento. There will be another one coming in February/March.

Just got home. Had a lot of fun. Pales in comparison to DLR but definitely loved it. My mom thinks I'm crazy because I sang along. Fun. Fun. I am eternally 6 years old!!!

It's in Oakland until Sunday and then it will be in San Jose next Wednesday through Sunday. After that it goes to Sacramento. There will be another one coming in February/March.

Just got home. Had a lot of fun. Pales in comparison to DLR but definitely loved it. My mom thinks I'm crazy because I sang along. Fun. Fun. I am eternally 6 years old!!!

I went last year and loved it! Although ours was more than likely different to yours

Taking DD6 to the one in San Jo this week :thumbsup2 I agree, it's not DLR but I still love it. I agree, it's the eternal child thing ...

From the UK myself, and have taken in quite a number of On Ice shows (and also stage productions).

We went to the Glasgow Disney on Ice 100 year celebration at the middle of September and it was brilliant.

Various stories such as Mulan, Finding Nemo, Toy Story to name a few, even had the It's a Small World piece.

Our little one loved it..................as did we.

FD

Taking DD6 to the one in San Jo this week :thumbsup2 I agree, it's not DLR but I still love it. I agree, it's the eternal child thing ...

I am taking DD4 tomorrow night! I've tried to explain it to her, but she has no idea what to expect. The bad thing is that she has never seen The Lion King or Lilo and Stich. The only thing I think she knows about Peter Pan is Tinkerbell. I'm sure she will love it though!

Does anyone know what the "pre show" is? Someone said somethig about being able to meet the princesses, however I have not found anything online about that. I kind of doubt you can.
Anyway if you have been to the pre show, how much time should I allow?
Also does anyone know the lenght of the show?
(we have to arrange sitter for father in law)
Thank so much!

Here is a photo of Disney on Ice taken in Brisbane Australia in June 2010.
Notice Donalds eyes are closed which is unusual.

P1390719.jpg

Is there a double meaning of Disney "ON ICE" :littleangel:

I took my youngest to it last week in Portland, OR. It was cute, I thought it was kind of random but my daughter LOVED it :lovestruc. I couldn't stop staring at the troll doll when it was skating :lmao:.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter