Disney on a budget

lnuss1988

Mouseketeer
Hello All!!

We are planning a trip end of January 2022. I really want to book AoA Little Mermaid, but with my childrens ages, it says the room isn't available. The kids will be 10, 6, and 3. It also says this for POP Century. I am set on booking either one of these. If I call to make the reservation will they allow me to book one of these rooms?

Hello All!!

We are planning a trip end of January 2022. I really want to book AoA Little Mermaid, but with my childrens ages, it says the room isn't available. The kids will be 10, 6, and 3. It also says this for POP Century. I am set on booking either one of these. If I call to make the reservation will they allow me to book one of these rooms?
No. The phone availability is the same as the website.

Art of Animation has no opening date, so that’s likely why it’s not available. Pop century has a limit of 4 guests per room, unless one is under 3 years old and in a crib. A 3 year old pushes you over the room capacity limit. Now that I think of it, AoA LM is the same size and likely has the same limit. You will need 2 rooms for 5 people.

Art of Animation has no opening date, so that’s likely why it’s not available. Pop century has a limit of 4 guests per room, unless one is under 3 years old and in a crib. A 3 year old pushes you over the room capacity limit. Now that I think of it, AoA LM is the same size and likely has the same limit. You will need 2 rooms for 5 people.
[/QUOTE
You actually can book AOA for 2022. I had been pricing out a room there for Feb 2022 and it is available to book. So I think the party size is the issue.

OP you will need two LM rooms for five people or you can book a suite at AOA. I think it is not letting you book for Pop or LM room bc you are over the four person capacity limit.

ignore this - somehow my reply is inside the quote. I redid it below.

Hello All!!

You actually can book AOA for 2022. I had been pricing out a room there for Feb 2022 and it is available to book. So I think the party size is the issue.

OP you will need two LM rooms for five people or you can book a suite at AOA. I think it is not letting you book for Pop or LM room bc you are over the four person capacity limit. You’ll need to look at rooms that sleep 5 people (suites at AOA) or two rooms if you want Pop or Little Mermaid rooms. Five people definitely increases the room cost bc most on property value hotel rooms don’t allow for 5.

Last edited:

OP you will need two LM rooms for five people or you can book a suite at AOA. I think it is not letting you book for Pop or LM room bc you are over the four person capacity limit. You’ll need to look at rooms that sleep 5 people (suites at AOA) or two rooms if you want Pop or Little Mermaid rooms. Five people definitely increases the room cost bc most on property value hotel rooms don’t allow for 5.
I just really wanted one of those two hotels because of the kids ... this is a bummer!

May not be what you are looking for, but an alternative might be to stay at Caribbean Beach, which allows 5 guests in a room. The rooms are slightly bigger than POP and AOA Mermaid. You could take the Skyliner (fun!!) to AOA for a snack and a walk-around to see all of the theming. It would be a great arrival day/departure day activity, or a nice way to take a break from the parks while still entertaining the kids.

I just really wanted one of those two hotels because of the kids ... this is a bummer!
This happened to our daughter’s family a couple of years ago shortly after their youngest turned four. They were too many for Pop Century, and no Animation suites were available. Their kids were still into characters, so they weren’t interested in the moderates that sleep five.

Instead, they decided to look at VBRO rentals and found many inexpensive highly-rated rental homes with Disney theming for kids. It might not work for you, but she said all looked to be nicely furnished, had tons of space with screened swimming pools, game rooms, and TVs everywhere. Some included wi-fi and even unexpected extras like strollers, Disney tableware, Mickey waffle makers, etc. She said it was far better than they could have hoped. They were flabbergasted by how great everything was, and the kids liked the house almost as much as the parks. Since they were driving, transportation to and from the parks wasn’t an issue, and she said it was only about a 15 minutes drive to WDW.

I sent her an email this morning and asked if she remembered where they stayed. She said they’d narrowed it down to these two and ended up choosing the 4-bedroom.

https://www.vrbo.com/912548?noDates=true&unitId=1460489

https://www.vrbo.com/1741361?noDates=true&unitId=2302863

PS – I have nothing to do with VBRO or the owners of these rentals.

You will need a family suite AOA or the All Stars family suite are really wonderful and 2 bathrooms and 2 tv's comes in handy dandy...

Or
2 adjoining rooms, make sure that get one with the door in between the room... not just next to each other

or
you might want to look into a DVC rental

One other recommendation would be to bring a small air mattress. You can tuck it against the wall in the AM. We have done this with our 2 teen. They were fine with taking turns sleeping on it. They were much bigger and didn't want to share a bed. Just know that the rooms are not that big and it will be a bit crowded. The kids being young helps though. If you want great theming, try All Star Music and get the family suite for more room (When it opens) or two ADJOINING rooms at Pop.

One other recommendation would be to bring a small air mattress. You can tuck it against the wall in the AM. We have done this with our 2 teen. They were fine with taking turns sleeping on it. They were much bigger and didn't want to share a bed. Just know that the rooms are not that big and it will be a bit crowded. The kids being young helps though. If you want great theming, try All Star Music and get the family suite for more room (When it opens) or two ADJOINING rooms at Pop.
We just stayed at pop with rooms that connected..
I found out in disney terms adjoining ment next to each other and connecting ment door inbetween.
But yes AOA has LM rooms that have a door that makes a large room. So you can still have what you want.

May not be what you are looking for, but an alternative might be to stay at Caribbean Beach, which allows 5 guests in a room. The rooms are slightly bigger than POP and AOA Mermaid. You could take the Skyliner (fun!!) to AOA for a snack and a walk-around to see all of the theming. It would be a great arrival day/departure day activity, or a nice way to take a break from the parks while still entertaining the kids.
That is what I am thinking of doing!! Great minds!!!

We just stayed at pop with rooms that connected..
I found out in disney terms adjoining ment next to each other and connecting ment door inbetween.
But yes AOA has LM rooms that have a door that makes a large room. So you can still have what you want.
Any idea when All Star Music is reopening?

You will need a family suite AOA or the All Stars family suite are really wonderful and 2 bathrooms and 2 tv's comes in handy dandy...

Or
2 adjoining rooms, make sure that get one with the door in between the room... not just next to each other

or
you might want to look into a DVC rental
Remember to ask for "connecting rooms," not "adjoining rooms." Adjoining rooms are two rooms next to one another. Connecting rooms have the connecting door inside the rooms.

What if my 3 year old sleeps with us? Would they book me a Little mermaid room at AoA?

We're a family of 5 also so I understand the frustration. Have you looked at Caribbean Beach Resort (also on the Skyliner) or the Dolphin?

We're a family of 5 also so I understand the frustration. Have you looked at Caribbean Beach Resort (also on the Skyliner) or the Dolphin?
I've looked at the CBR and it just doesn't make me happy like AoA or POP does. I didn't look into the Dolphin though, I will try that. We are on a limited budget, trying not to spend much on the hotel to save for other things.

I've looked at the CBR and it just doesn't make me happy like AoA or POP does. I didn't look into the Dolphin though, I will try that. We are on a limited budget, trying not to spend much on the hotel to save for other things.

Do you have a AAA membership or Marriott Rewards member? Dolphin has some discounted AAA rates, and a bonus with that is you can walk to Epcot, boat to DHS, and they have bookable balcony rooms which would be nice at night when your kids go to sleep.

Another alternative would be off site but nearby -- since Magical Express won't be offered anymore in 2022, you'll need transport either way, and you can get more bang for your buck (and larger accommodations) off site if you're already renting a car. We stayed in a 2 bedroom unit at Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa, and I've also looked at (but never stayed at) Wyndham Bonnet Creek. If you visit the Orlando Hotels & Attractions forum there's a huge thread all about Bonnet Creek. They are located within Disney property so very close.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter