Disney+ News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone changed their Disney+ email address, so they could keep that account login separate from the rest of their Disney accounts?

Has anyone changed their Disney+ email address, so they could keep that account login separate from the rest of their Disney accounts?

I was wondering that, too. Might save me the painful call to Disney IT if it works. I'm just afraid if I change it there it will change it everywhere....

Has anyone using a Samsung TV seen a “this web page is not available” it’s unable to load because it took too long to respond error when trying to use the app? It appears to be a Samsung error, saying it could be the website down (Disney+ works fine on other devices) or a network connection error (the TV is connected as normal and everything else is functioning).

Even though it’s a Samsung error it seems to be only effecting Disney+. I just want to watch One Day At Disney 😭.

Has anyone using a Samsung TV seen a “this web page is not available” it’s unable to load because it took too long to respond error when trying to use the app? It appears to be a Samsung error, saying it could be the website down (Disney+ works fine on other devices) or a network connection error (the TV is connected as normal and everything else is functioning).

Even though it’s a Samsung error it seems to be only effecting Disney+. I just want to watch One Day At Disney 😭.

Crisis averted! Turning it on and off didn’t work the first time (or 2nd, and so on) but after maybe 10 times we’re back!

A lot of Iger in one day at Disney.
I noticed that too. Him sitting down with the Pixar folks seemed disingenuous. Maybe that's a side we haven't heard about before...

Overall, I liked the first episode. But, they moved through the roles really quickly. I would have liked them to spend a bit more time with each going into detail on their daily activities. I've got a lot of people to cover. So, that may be why they're doing that...

I noticed that too. Him sitting down with the Pixar folks seemed disingenuous. Maybe that's a side we haven't heard about before...

Overall, I liked the first episode. But, they moved through the roles really quickly. I would have liked them to spend a bit more time with each going into detail on their daily activities. I've got a lot of people to cover. So, that may be why they're doing that...

I actualyl thought it struck me how typicla "CEO" that seemed of him and how I have seen that with very senior people in my company too ... taking those days to be casual and spend time with "common folk", etc. ... now, I think it was calculated in showing this to try and make him seem more personable and down to Earth, but I don't think he was there ccompletely disingenous and hating every moment or anthing - I am sure it is something he does from time to time to let the "people' get to know him and for him to see how things are going, etc.

I actualyl thought it struck me how typicla "CEO" that seemed of him and how I have seen that with very senior people in my company too ... taking those days to be casual and spend time with "common folk", etc. ... now, I think it was calculated in showing this to try and make him seem more personable and down to Earth, but I don't think he was there ccompletely disingenous and hating every moment or anthing - I am sure it is something he does from time to time to let the "people' get to know him and for him to see how things are going, etc.

I would imagine he does show up at places like that and talks with people, but for this specific thing since it was a set-up, filmed situation, it all seemed so cheesy and fake with all the Pixar guys laughing and nodding at him while he tells a story. I assume it's not like that in a normal circumstance.

I thought this was OK so far (is there more or was that it?) but I find Imagineering Story to be way more interesting and well edited than this.

I would imagine he does show up at places like that and talks with people, but for this specific thing since it was a set-up, filmed situation, it all seemed so cheesy and fake with all the Pixar guys laughing and nodding at him while he tells a story. I assume it's not like that in a normal circumstance.

I thought this was OK so far (is there more or was that it?) but I find Imagineering Story to be way more interesting and well edited than this.

oh I agree - this specific thing was clearly staged, but also, I think, is the type of thing I could see Iger really doing (so maybe we are on the same page)

I also agree - I liked it but not nearly as much as other things. I think the best parts were when they like followed the guy who drives the steam trains and things like that - I want more of that and less of Iger and Robin Roberts and stuff

oh I agree - this specific thing was clearly staged, but also, I think, is the type of thing I could see Iger really doing (so maybe we are on the same page)

I also agree - I liked it but not nearly as much as other things. I think the best parts were when they like followed the guy who drives the steam trains and things like that - I want more of that and less of Iger and Robin Roberts and stuff
I want more of the real people of Disney, the ones that make the company work from day to day. Iger and Robin Roberts are not those people. The CM's on the front lines, and those backstage.

there will be weekly minisodes every Friday beginning this week, which I imagine will profile more employees in different roles throughout the company. Each episode will be under ten minutes, it appears

there will be weekly minisodes every Friday beginning this week, which I imagine will profile more employees in different roles throughout the company. Each episode will be under ten minutes, it appears

Thank you for the info. I think I like the mini-sodes concept, then you could just pick which person you want to watch. I'm mostly interested in parks-based jobs and animation jobs, I think they lost me with the GMA and CEO stuff.

I watched One Day last night and enjoyed it. I don't watch GMA or know much about Robin Roberts (other than her amazingly alliterative Stan Lee style name), but she had an interesting story so I think that's why she was included. It was brief anyway so it's no big deal. I don't think Iger is disingenuous at all - typical CEO maybe, but he seems like an okay guy really. I did want to see more with the Vet if only to see more animals. The pregnant porcupine was so cute! I also loved the bit with the animator - how amazing is it that his job is to sit there all day and draw Mickey Mouse - like, the official Mickey Mouse - that must be amazing! I also like "It all started with a train." Interesting way to think about it.

I watched One Day last night and enjoyed it. I don't watch GMA or know much about Robin Roberts (other than her amazingly alliterative Stan Lee style name), but she had an interesting story so I think that's why she was included. It was brief anyway so it's no big deal. I don't think Iger is disingenuous at all - typical CEO maybe, but he seems like an okay guy really. I did want to see more with the Vet if only to see more animals. The pregnant porcupine was so cute! I also loved the bit with the animator - how amazing is it that his job is to sit there all day and draw Mickey Mouse - like, the official Mickey Mouse - that must be amazing! I also like "It all started with a train." Interesting way to think about it.
Well we will get weekly short updates on many facets of the company. This was more of an overview. I believe something like 74 people will be shown throughout this series

Iger and Robin Roberts are not those people.
Totally agree with this. Interviews with the CMs seemed much more real. Loved to see the passion several of the animators put into their work. Really felt for the sculptor that noted he was the last doing it in the real world at Pixar/Disney. The train engineer was really passionate at what he does. The lady at Animal Kingdom and The Living Seas was a real treat to see. Those all would make nice 30 minute segments with more detail -- easily.

If I read correctly, there will be more episodes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!