Disney+ News

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so excited for this. I know it's a huge long shot, but I'm hoping for episodes of So Weird to show up. I'm sure I won't even think about it when November comes around and I'm bombarded with all of this amazing new content!

I’m excited but disappointed that so few Marvel movies will be on there. Any idea why?
Part of that is Marvel has deals with other companies for their films right now and they have to wait until those expire. Things will continue to be added as time goes on.

Where have all 30 seasons been streamable in the included price of a legit service? I personally haven't seen it.
FX Now, they paid $750 million to get all the episodes 5 years ago. Either included with your cable package or as a fully separate service.

I love my Roku but do watch how hot (temperature) it gets while plugged in. I always unplug it esp when away from the house for any length of time. Never have any problem just plugging it right back in. Just plug and play after initial set up (and that was easy). Took my 10 yr old tv and made it smart.

Interesting. I leave mine plugged in 24/7/365, but never had an issue with temperature. I change inputs (through my TV remote) so the Roku gets disabled. Maybe try that?

Got a dumb question. I have a smart tv. Haven’t used none of the smart tv features because I get my Netflix and amazon prime right through Xfinity apps. How can I see Disney plus? Will it be available with my smart tv or will I need a Roku if Disney and Xfinity doesn’t have a agreement where Disney is on the Xfinity apps? I’m in whatever I have to do to watch it. Thanks

I love having Netflix and Prime through Xfinity now, so easy.

I'm secretly hoping that Xfinity somehow is able to offer Disney Streaming like they do the other two, we are ready to buy!!! :)

I'm secretly hoping that Xfinity somehow is able to offer Disney Streaming like they do the other two, we are ready to buy!!! :)

It will be so nice if they do. It will also help Disney out with more subscribers. I’m in whatever I have to do to watch it. It’s also nice having Netflix in my bundle package not paying full price for it. I pay a extra 3 dollars a month for the best Netflix package.
Hopefully Disney will understand that Xfinity can give them more customers. Sure they will have to give some money to Xfinity for every customer.

Depending on the age/manufacturer of the smart tv you may get an update. Otherwise you'll need a 3rd party streaming device. The likelihood of Xfinity offering this is not high IMHO.

:(

Same here - especially if it's all connected! Xfinity is how I access Netflix and Prime now, and it's so convenient!

Hopefully Disney will understand that Xfinity can give them more customers.

Mouse ears crossed.

So excited for this. I heard a rumor it would be their entire library of "disney movies" - is that true? Or will things only "come out of the vault" every so often?

FX Now, they paid $750 million to get all the episodes 5 years ago. Either included with your cable package or as a fully separate service.

I did not know FX had their own streaming service. I haven't paid for cable in at least six years, just thought they played it on the cable station.

So excited for this. I heard a rumor it would be their entire library of "disney movies" - is that true? Or will things only "come out of the vault" every so often?

Iger said that at one point - I just don't think everything will be on there day one, . But also things won't go "back in the vault" so once out, out for good

I did not know FX had their own streaming service. I haven't paid for cable in at least six years, just thought they played it on the cable station.

I guess they need some better marketing then. I honestly forgot it existed until you asked the question.

To get FXNOW or FX+ you have to have a “cable” package. FXNOW is free and has a limited selection of shows, though the Simpsons are on there all the seasons. FX+ is an enhancement that gets rid of commercials, app and live tv channel, and opens up the library to all their original shows. I’ve really only seen advertisements for it while watching their channel.

Even as a Disney fan I wasn't going to sign up for D+, but now that I've seen the offerings, I will absolutely be signing up for the yearly rate. We'll wait and see if we drop Netflix or not... right now I'm just wanting to see Stranger Things 3, after that it may go bye-bye for at least 6 months.

Couple of intriguing things here... So my best friend's dad being an Executive at Apple, seems to think the Disney+ and newly announced via KeyNote: AppleTV will be very interesting agreement battle in the coming months, being that Apple and Disney will become competitors in the streaming market once both are released. Notice at the investor presentation for D+, there were only a couple of partnerships, one being Roku.
Also, Bob Iger is still on the board of directors at Apple, even though hes slotted to step down from Disney in 2021 (we'll see), I don't see him retaining that board position too much longer now that there is this substantial conflict of interest. The last board member to have a conflicting interest was essentially "fired".

Good point - I would think they would want to hold some back to then promote as bit of "event" for when it is released
Between Marvel, Lucasfilm, Pixar, Dinsey (live action and animated), and all the Fox studios now they probably have plenty of new content with big movies coming to it constantly to promote as is along with any original material they create. So I coudl see them hold some stuff for big release times but don't think they woudl need to either. They are teh only one of these studio/channel streaming platforms that make sense given their vast library.

Disney did some good market analysis. People already are maxed out on streaming services, but coming in way lower than everyone else they can make the service seem as a ancillary service and they will likely get more people into their ecosystem. Once you're in, you're more likely to stay long term.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts