Disney+ News

Status
Not open for further replies.
the cast paychecks are a good chunk of these budgets. You’d only have to look at X-Men Dark Phoenix’ special effects to see what a marvel film would look like with a lower budget. The way the MCU is heading, not much is going to be grounded enough to warrant a low budget film. And with the multiverse aspect affecting so many characters and story’s. They can’t really not make any of the movies that they have slated. Blade, maybe? But that would likely be one of the “lower” budget films.

Or cast is forced to accept lower salary payments. If there's no possible theatrical release, then there's a choice. Make the movie for less or don't make the movie. If Hollywood stops making any big movies, big actors stop getting any paychecks...so I'd look for the industry to rebalance on cost the next 5 years. Just like musicians started making less post-Napster for quite awhile, (although that was just direct economic reality vs negotiation of parties, since they are just closer to their product/payment stream).

Or cast is forced to accept lower salary payments. If there's no possible theatrical release, then there's a choice. Make the movie for less or don't make the movie. If Hollywood stops making any big movies, big actors stop getting any paychecks...so I'd look for the industry to rebalance on cost the next 5 years. Just like musicians started making less post-Napster for quite awhile, (although that was just direct economic reality vs negotiation of parties, since they are just closer to their product/payment stream).

Or just release the movies theatrically and force people to go. Tenant isn’t a fair standard, that’s not a movie that people fear getting spoiled as an MCU or DC movie does. If WW84 releases in December, it will make money.

Or just release the movies theatrically and force people to go. Tenant isn’t a fair standard, that’s not a movie that people fear getting spoiled as an MCU or DC movie does. If WW84 releases in December, it will make money.

If studios stop supporting theaters, in the not very far future, there won't be theaters to release to...see this article today...Disney is already calling them "legacy"...

https://thebulwark.com/in-a-world-without-movie-theaters/

If studios stop supporting theaters, in the not very far future, there won't be theaters to release to...see this article today...Disney is already calling them "legacy"...

https://thebulwark.com/in-a-world-without-movie-theaters/

They’ll soon call their theme parks “legacy” when you get to just visit them through VR headsets. Too expensive to upkeep. You get the gist of being in the parks, and you don’t even have to leave your couch. You can then put on the third film in the live action Lady and the Tramp trilogy that just got released on Disney+.

For every well made movie Netflix puts out, there are 100 that are pure garbage. There’s far more restrictions on streaming than there are making films made for theater. Soul is going to need to almost double their current subscriber count to break even. You think Pixar creators are going to make these movies for 60M going forward? The Monsters Inc show is probably going to cost that much for an 8-10 episode season.

Last edited:
They’ll soon call their theme parks “legacy” when you get to just visit them through VR headsets. Too expensive to upkeep. You get the gist of being in the parks, and you don’t even have to leave your couch. You can then put on the third film in the live action Lady and the Tramp trilogy that just got released on Disney+.

For every well made movie Netflix puts out, there are 100 that are pure garbage. There’s far more restrictions on streaming than there are making films made for theater. Soul is going to need to almost double their current subscriber count to break even. You think Pixar creators are going to make these movies for 60M going forward? The Monsters Inc show is probably going to cost that much for an 8-10 episode season.

No, I think Pixar will be told to cut its talent budget or cut the quality or more likely, both...movie budgets will be slashed as we go forward into the 2020s...

They could show any movie they want even at a greatly discounted price and you wouldn’t find me in the theatre right now. Just not worth the risk. I don’t think I’m alone in this.

No, I think Pixar will be told to cut its talent budget or cut the quality or more likely, both...movie budgets will be slashed as we go forward into the 2020s...

Probably not the right time to mention Ryan Reynolds and Disney are in discussions for him to reprise his role as Deadpool while inking him to the biggest contract ever signed in the MCU.

Probably not the right time to mention Ryan Reynolds and Disney are in discussions for him to reprise his role as Deadpool while inking him to the biggest contract ever signed in the MCU.

That's all rumor...and it's a week later than the rumor posted, and it's still rumor...and just in this last week, the possibility of theatrical going away has increased from 0% to way more...things change on a dime in 2020...look at how this year has lasted about 100 years so far...

They could show any movie they want even at a greatly discounted price and you wouldn’t find me in the theatre right now. Just not worth the risk. I don’t think I’m alone in this.

Of course you’re not alone. But there are many people in the film community in July/August that said they wouldn’t step foot in a movie theater until there’s a vaccine and then went to see Tenant. Just as people that refused to go to Disney parks have changed their stance. All it takes is a Wonder Woman, or a Black Widow to pull the masses back in. Even if it’s not the billion these studios are used to, those types of movies would draw more people in than Tenant.

Wonder Woman IS going to theaters. Patty Jenkins said there’s no way her movie is going to streaming. And I’m certain Kevin Feige feels the same about Black Widow. While there’s a demographic that won’t take the risk and can avoid spoilers until the movie is released on physical/digital media, there are going to be many that find the courage to go see the movies out of fear of being spoiled

Of course you’re not alone. But there are many people in the film community in July/August that said they wouldn’t step foot in a movie theater until there’s a vaccine and then went to see Tenant. Just as people that refused to go to Disney parks have changed their stance. All it takes is a Wonder Woman, or a Black Widow to pull the masses back in. Even if it’s not the billion these studios are used to, those types of movies would draw more people in than Tenant.

Wonder Woman IS going to theaters. Patty Jenkins said there’s no way her movie is going to streaming. And I’m certain Kevin Feige feels the same about Black Widow. While there’s a demographic that won’t take the risk and can avoid spoilers until the movie is released on physical/digital media, there are going to be many that find the courage to go see the movies out of fear of being spoiled

https://variety.com/2020/film/news/wonder-woman-1984-release-date-patty-jenkins-1234807206/
"Whether Diana Prince will indeed grace multiplexes in the U.S. and Canada in 2020 at all remains very much an open question. Cases in the U.S. are surging once again, flu season is beginning to kick into gear, and some exhibitors have already announced plans to close before Dec. 25 due to the lack of fresh films and moribund consumer interest in attending theaters.

“I don’t think anybody can be confident of anything right now,” director Patty Jenkins told Variety in a separate interview last month about Pascal. “We just don’t know what the course of COVID is going to be like.”

Jenkins was quick to add that she’s “very hopeful” her film can still open on Dec. 25. “It feels totally possible to me,” she said."

That's all rumor...and it's a week later than the rumor posted, and it's still rumor...and just in this last week, the possibility of theatrical going away has increased from 0% to way more...things change on a dime in 2020...look at how this year has lasted about 100 years so far...

Its a rumor until it isn’t. Could have even been signed already and just hasn’t hit the trades

https://variety.com/2020/film/news/wonder-woman-1984-release-date-patty-jenkins-1234807206/
"Whether Diana Prince will indeed grace multiplexes in the U.S. and Canada in 2020 at all remains very much an open question. Cases in the U.S. are surging once again, flu season is beginning to kick into gear, and some exhibitors have already announced plans to close before Dec. 25 due to the lack of fresh films and moribund consumer interest in attending theaters.

“I don’t think anybody can be confident of anything right now,” director Patty Jenkins told Variety in a separate interview last month about Pascal. “We just don’t know what the course of COVID is going to be like.”

Jenkins was quick to add that she’s “very hopeful” her film can still open on Dec. 25. “It feels totally possible to me,” she said."

That has nothing to do with her talking about the movie going to streaming. It has to do with the movie releasing on Christmas. Huge difference

That has nothing to do with her talking about the movie going to streaming. It has to do with the movie releasing on Christmas. Huge difference

No releases, nothing for theaters, more go bankrupt, the house of cards falls worldwide and there is no worldwide theatrical footprint to release when you want to do so...(European theaters have already said they are also hanging on by a thread)...

See Toys R Us for a contracting industry that fell and wasn't bought out or replaced...we just live without it now...see Disney already calling it "legacy"...

No releases, nothing for theaters, more go bankrupt, the house of cards falls worldwide and there is no worldwide theatrical footprint to release when you want to do so...(European theaters have already said they are also hanging on by a thread)...

See Toys R Us for a contracting industry that fell and wasn't bought out or replaced...we just live without it now...see Disney already calling it "legacy"...

83 Canadian Toys R Us locations are still open and operating

Toys bought from Amazon or from another online location are the same toy

Movie seen at home are far less of an experience than seeing the same movie in theaters

If we’re moving to all streaming. Where does Spider-Man 3 land? Sony doesn’t have streaming service. A streaming service is gonna buy the rights to lose money? If Spider-Man 3 makes it to theaters, Disney is going to release all their other slated/shooting movies on streaming where they’d also lose money? Makes literally no sense. Disney needs the theater industry for at least the next 4-5 years.

83 Canadian Toys R Us locations are still open and operating

Toys bought from Amazon or from another online location are the same toy

Movie seen at home are far less of an experience than seeing the same movie in theaters

And buying a toy at toys r us was much more of an experience than going into an aisle in walmart or a page on amazon.

And buying a toy at toys r us was much more of an experience than going into an aisle in walmart or a page on amazon.

When you’re a child, yes. But that lasts what, maybe 10 years of your life? The experience of seeing a movie at the movie theater is something most people enjoy for most of their lives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter