Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ohana Reopening Date Announced

Opening July 9 - Bookings available June 10!

Although Disney characters will not be hosting breakfast, a strolling musician will entertain guests for dinner.

For breakfast, start with pineapple-coconut breakfast bread, move on to Stitch and Mickey Mouse waffles, then dig into “eggs”cellent breakfast skillets with ham, sausage, and breakfast potatoes.

The ‘Ohana dinner features all-you-care-to-enjoy platters of grilled beef steak, roasted chicken, sausage, and island shrimp casserole served with fried rice and roasted broccolini. And yes, ‘Ohana pot stickers, crispy soy chicken wings, and the signature ‘Ohana bread pudding served warm with caramel sauce and vanilla ice cream are back! Yippee!

Yes! Yes! Yes!

June 10th is 60 days from the start of the second half of our split stay. I need the dancing gods to do an extra dance that I get an ADR for August 10th, my birthday! 🤞🏻

Although Disney characters will not be hosting breakfast, a strolling musician will entertain guests for dinner.

For breakfast, start with pineapple-coconut breakfast bread, move on to Stitch and Mickey Mouse waffles, then dig into “eggs”cellent breakfast skillets with ham, sausage, and breakfast potatoes.

The ‘Ohana dinner features all-you-care-to-enjoy platters of grilled beef steak, roasted chicken, sausage, and island shrimp casserole served with fried rice and roasted broccolini. And yes, ‘Ohana pot stickers, crispy soy chicken wings, and the signature ‘Ohana bread pudding served warm with caramel sauce and vanilla ice cream are back! Yippee!

Right around when Poly is supposed to open, just like I kept telling everyone. Time for my victory lap. :car:

Yes, but according to the main thread, current hold times are 5+ hours.
The hold I had was under 2 hours, it was the hours and hours of busy tone or dead calls. Literally 6am-1:50 CT to get thru. (small breaks here and there for my sanity)
I could see waits being higher now for people who gave up this morning...It was nerve racking.

Care to elaborate?

Sure, I'll first point out that all of this is just how I would imagine it before this gets picked at. Because this is fictional I am filling the blanks for how I would see it.

If there was magically a Disney Texas I think it would end up being a less expensive option that would potentially open up the mid-western market for the parks. A lot of folks get priced out of DLR and WDW not because of the price of being there, but the price of getting there. With this in mind, though I don't think it'll literally be worse, I think it would immediately feel less magical (to me) than DLR and WDW. In regards to how it would change the current situation at WDW - I remove the context of COVID and them being "at capacity". It'd take long enough to build that regardless this (hopefully) won't be an issue. On any given day at WDW (with all four parks as an aggregate) they range from 35% to 65% capacity, which means that is definitely busy. My logic here is that though yes a new park would bring more people in, the number would not be large enough that your overall capacity % would do anything to go down.

There are plenty of estimations out there about what the real capacity is for these parks in general, but the numbers that I've seen tossed out there are MK at ~100,000 guests, Epcot ~95,000 guests, HS ~75,000 guests, and AK at ~60,000 guests. If we pick a random percentage for the sake of math's sake lets say 60% (which was reported somewhere for 2019 summer %), that would mean there are ~195,000 guests in the total of 330,000 possible guests. If this 5th gate, let's just call it Villains, holds 80,000 guests I strongly believe that you would not get an additional 48,000 people to come to the park in a day to maintain that 60% overall attendance level. You see the conversation had here all the time, but there was a survey done by Insider where 46% of responders said that they either definitely would not (20%) or probably would not (26%) go to the parks due to the expense. Just making an assumption here, but I think this would either get worse with a 5th gate or not change.

Looking at all that info there, I then start diving into my own assumptions as to what this would mean for the time after the initial rush of the new parking opening as this would be an outlier to overall impact. I do not imagine more than 20,000 people (25% of the 5th gate/the imaginary capacity I gave it, I also think this is REALLY generous) would come because of a 5th gate. Honestly, I don't think more that 5,000 - 10,000 would pull the trigger because of this change after the initial hype... but I won't under sell it that much. With this math the overall capacity would go from 60% to 52%, and that 60% is on the higher end of the speculated range. I also think that dip would REALLY be felt in the parks, but that could also be just me.

I honestly don't think another park park itself is bad, but I don't think it really moves the needle as much.

Sorry for the long post lol, but you asked for it.

The skewers are gone !!! Noooooooo !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter