Disney need to make a rule whether people sit or stand

sunshine1

Viva Marie!
during the Mickeys 25th anniversary show on the castle show.
Some were standing which caused potential arguments between them and people who were sitting on the floor behind them.
I asked a CM what the deal was and was told that it is up to people if they want to sit or stand and they cant enforce anything of people.
I dont agree with this as it leads to arguments between guest.
Pick a rule Disneyland Paris: either you make everyone sit on floor to watch the show or people have to stand.
No inbetween.

At the star wars show at the end of the day in Studios, last april, sitting wasn't allowed. Castmembers were actively telling people who sat down that they had to stand due to safety reasons.

Even if they made a rule, honestly: 9 out of 10 of the CMs would not enforce it anyway.

Easter Week (first time I Show the Princess Show) most of the People were sitting. So was I. Then a woman pushed through and told her Kids to go in front of everyone - standing even at first. So everyone sitting was effectively blocked.

Several other parents actively sent the kids back. The mom told them to try again! The kids kept crawling everywhere, kicking the People sitting on the ground on purpose when they wouldn't let them through and pushing other children in the process. So yes, I agree with those safety reasons. That was the one and only time I sat on the ground too.

CMs tried to tell her it didn't work that way after several People complained. Before that they just told the Kids to stay behind the sticker things, effectively making them go in front of everyone although they arrived less than 15 minutes before Show time. When finally confronted (only 1 out of 4 CMs actually did) her Response was "I do not wait." Which caused a chorus of "fine, then you have to watch the show from the back" from the crowd.

Several People almost had to start a riot until CMs finally got her removed by security.

Trust me, after that I did too.

I have Problems with my kidneys anyway. The last Thing I need is children kicking me in that Region on purpose because their mom said it was alright, the evil woman had to move to accomodate them and they could make me move. My French isn't great, but it was good enough to understand that bit.

One of the many reasons to love the Tokyo Disney Resort is that for shows and parades the front rows are sitting areas only and this is enforced by CMs. They also ask guests to remove Mickey ears, hats or balloons that might prevent people behind to have a clear view of the show/parade. It is the best possible organization.

One of the many reasons to love the Tokyo Disney Resort is that for shows and parades the front rows are sitting areas only and this is enforced by CMs. They also ask guests to remove Mickey ears, hats or balloons that might prevent people behind to have a clear view of the show/parade. It is the best possible organization.

Part of that though is not so much Tokyo Disneyland, but the Japanese culture (I work for a Japanese firm and have been over there a few times before so see this quite a lot). If a person in any sort of official capacity, whether it be a manager or a theme park cast member, gives you an instruction or a rule, you follow it and don't argue, because you regard it as being in everyone's interest to follow. Therefore CM's jobs are a lot easier at TDL than at DLP because they can assume that everyone will stay "in line".

For example, last time I was at TDL there was a outdoor show/parade where there was an "invisible" line where the sitting area ended and the standing area began, but anyone who'd been to the park enough times knew where it roughly was. Because of this you had the strange scenario that with about an hour before the show started, people were already getting ready to watch it, with about four rows of sitters at the front, then about 7-8 rows worth of empty space behind them, then a row or two of standees at "the line" but not moving any further forward to fill in this gap - all without a CM even telling them to do this. Admittedly there was one CM nearby and more arrived as showtime neared but until then it was all self-organised and policed by the guests because they knew those were the rules!

Part of that though is not so much Tokyo Disneyland, but the Japanese culture (I work for a Japanese firm and have been over there a few times before so see this quite a lot). If a person in any sort of official capacity, whether it be a manager or a theme park cast member, gives you an instruction or a rule, you follow it and don't argue, because you regard it as being in everyone's interest to follow. Therefore CM's jobs are a lot easier at TDL than at DLP because they can assume that everyone will stay "in line".

For example, last time I was at TDL there was a outdoor show/parade where there was an "invisible" line where the sitting area ended and the standing area began, but anyone who'd been to the park enough times knew where it roughly was. Because of this you had the strange scenario that with about an hour before the show started, people were already getting ready to watch it, with about four rows of sitters at the front, then about 7-8 rows worth of empty space behind them, then a row or two of standees at "the line" but not moving any further forward to fill in this gap - all without a CM even telling them to do this. Admittedly there was one CM nearby and more arrived as showtime neared but until then it was all self-organised and policed by the guests because they knew those were the rules!

Wow. I need to go to TDL!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter